The squad takes shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's a bit harsh on Foran alafua8, Foran had a massive impact if not for Tom he would of got some 3pointers in the daley m's. Foran had a virtual injury free run, barring a small stint on the sideline. If it's not broken why do we have to fix it. Things have a way of working themselves out, Schuster will have a massive impact next season for us. Schuster learnt what playing in the NRL is all about, and taking that experience into next year will be proof of that.
Sorry but wasn't meant to sound anti Foran but Evans to me is in the same category. Evans has now been with us since he re-signed and is still the same player .We have to look forward and try to win the comp in the next few years and in my opinion after watching Schuster playing 5/8 ,it is time for him to stand up before another club offers him a 5/8 position , as he has said that it is his preferred position .We have some good youngsters coming through ( Cust ,Fainu ,Weekes ) and if not given opportunities they might move on and we will be stuck with Foran and Evans .

NRL 'experts' predicting Manly with the current squad will have a similar year in 2022. Kimmorley suggests Schuster is the player who needs to step up

Last edited:
Does Pre season start next week. What do we all make of, no out side back added yet?.

Dam I like having Saab like pace out wide. More please.

Two backs surely on the way!
Hopefully. As per the MW website we have 16 forwards signed and only 11 backs, and that includes Walker. We are definitely light-on for a back-up centre and a reserve fullback. The "covers" we currently have for these two positions are obviously talented but are inexperienced. It might take them longer than the season of 2022 to transition into NRL quality, which is why I feel our roster needs two NRL-tested backs.

Dam I like having Saab like pace out wide. More please.
There is no Saabstitute for getting high on Speed feathered friend

There is nothing like watching the footy and getting high on Speed

Manly Sea eagles backs were meant to fly !!!

1637802444550.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully. As per the MW website we have 16 forwards signed and only 11 backs, and that includes Walker. We are definitely light-on for a back-up centre and a reserve fullback. The "covers" we currently have for these two positions are obviously talented but are inexperienced. It might take them longer than the season of 2022 to transition into NRL quality, which is why I feel our roster needs two NRL-tested backs.
totally agree and am pretty sure that is what we will get. I still think there might be another one or two Cade Cust surprises yet around the corner as our squad takes shape

I think the best we get is like this
Tom
Garrick
schuster
harper
saab
walker
foran

foran to direct
schuster one more year out wide
dce on bench, injects himself with his kicking game after croker tackles his heart out as the 14
3 genuine forwards on the bench
lawnton to 13. there is a lot of cameron murray in him
jake our tackling back rower with skills
genuine backrowers with a bit more grunt than schuster in starting side with oka, bully and davey obvious upgrades as forwards
a bit less directing traffic from jake
aioli starts with keppie
paseka and marty bench

give schuster roving role like tom from centre
walker gave us plenty of opportunities when he played at 6 and his traditional direct play is a boost for anyone trailing him . the irony of such a hog having such a deft pass in traffic is crazy

I think the best we get is like this
Tom
Garrick
schuster
harper
saab
walker
foran

foran to direct
schuster one more year out wide
dce on bench, injects himself with his kicking game after croker tackles his heart out as the 14
3 genuine forwards on the bench
lawnton to 13. there is a lot of cameron murray in him
jake our tackling back rower with skills
genuine backrowers with a bit more grunt than schuster in starting side with oka, bully and davey obvious upgrades as forwards
a bit less directing traffic from jake
aioli starts with keppie
paseka and marty bench

give schuster roving role like tom from centre
walker gave us plenty of opportunities when he played at 6 and his traditional direct play is a boost for anyone trailing him . the irony of such a hog having such a deft pass in traffic is crazy
Wow. Just wow. I don't know where to begin. I think I will pass on this one.
200.gif

I agree. We have more back rows than a movie theatre.
Really?

I think edge is one of our shorter positions

We have Schuster and Olakau'atu.

Bullemor looks well suited to an edge and I think he'll play there but he has mainly played middle.

Keppie has covered there but is more a middle

And Burbo

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4