The squad takes shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pure speculation from me but if Mitchell Pearce goes to France as expected they will be looking for a half with money to spare. Cade Cust is from Scone and would walk straight into the Knights NRL top 17. Will Cade be their target?

Viewed Cade as a suitable 9 to help out Croker after the season 's start apart from what he can offer as a half but the acquiring of Lawton has changed that dynamic a bit for a 9 role . Unfortunate that he has had very little or no opportunity to play as a 7 in i st grade , more a wrap for D C E " durability but Des even went for Walker when D C E was not available against the i st encounter against the Raiders [ Maybe Cade was injured , not sure ] but if not certainly down on the 7 pecking order . Be good to have Cade for one more season at least and sure that he can still contribute well in some capacity , seems to like being at the club as well

I've said before unless Fainu is cleared we can't afford to lose Cust. If Croker goes down and we don't have Cust, we are royally screwed. It means we would have Lawton as our only option, that's just stupidity! Look what happened to Eels when they lost Mahoney! You need depth in this position, Cust is signed to us so WHY would we let him go.... unless Fainu is somehow cleared!

I've said before unless Fainu is cleared we can't afford to lose Cust. If Croker goes down and we don't have Cust, we are royally screwed. It means we would have Lawton as our only option, that's just stupidity! Look what happened to Eels when they lost Mahoney! You need depth in this position, Cust is signed to us so WHY would we let him go.... unless Fainu is somehow cleared!
I would try and keep Cust either way. At the very least he is one of a few interim (if not long term) solutions to replacing DCE, assuming the latter isn’t extended beyond 2023.

I would try and keep Cust either way. At the very least he is one of a few interim (if not long term) solutions to replacing DCE, assuming the latter isn’t extended beyond 2023.
He is also a back-up dummy half and as others have pointed out, we need that!. No reason not to do what Storm does, we'll release him if you give us someone of comparable value in return. Such as Kurt Mann, or maybe Bradman Best. There's bound to be a few Knights who would actually like a shot at winning the premiership.

Viewed Cade as a suitable 9 to help out Croker after the season 's start apart from what he can offer as a half but the acquiring of Lawton has changed that dynamic a bit for a 9 role . Unfortunate that he has had very little or no opportunity to play as a 7 in i st grade , more a wrap for D C E " durability but Des even went for Walker when D C E was not available against the i st encounter against the Raiders [ Maybe Cade was injured , not sure ] but if not certainly down on the 7 pecking order . Be good to have Cade for one more season at least and sure that he can still contribute well in some capacity , seems to like being at the club as well
He's a chunky little goer ... could develop into a cheese type of player

No. However that is the dilemma for most fringe first graders. The devil they know…
The problem for Cust in staying with the devil he knows (us), is that he may never get to play regular NRL games with us in 2022. Fast forward to 2023 and he may struggle to get another NRL contract, without playing regular first grade. It's a tough situation for him with younger halves already coming through the Manly system behind him.

The Wynnum-Manly Hooker looked pretty good. Nobody else at this stage seems to want him even if he was the Super-cup player of the year. Surely that will change.

With talk about extending DCE and the lack of halves in the league. I can't see Cust staying and he might even be the one to go to the Dolphins.

Storm kept their older stars until they wanted to go. But they kept a young bloke learning an apprenticeship, and the transition was seem less.

Other teams have taken a decade to recover from a star half hanging up the boots.

He's a chunky little goer ... could develop into a cheese type of player
think that he is strictly a haves or 9 suited player . , seems to have some good footy skills and ability , others , a bit average . Looks like young Weekes has some real ability and a fairly big kid as well , defence looks like it may need some major improvement but think that he could develop into a worth while 6 . Humphries looks impressive , speedy , good organizer , good all round half "s skills but also not sure of his defence .

Des even went for Walker when D C E was not available against the i st encounter against the Raiders [ Maybe Cade was injured , not sure ] but if not certainly down on the 7 pecking order . Be good to have Cade for one more season at least and sure that he can still contribute well in some capacity , seems to like being at the club as well
It was Round 17 vs Raiders when DCE unavailable and Walker was the 7 and Cust played 14. After researching, from what I can find it seems Cade wasn't injured mid season and it was more a case of no room for him.

I agree he seemed happy at Manly as I recall him celebrating with the team after some wins, particularly towards the end of the season and in the finals. However, I feel quite sorry for him as it can't have been easy to sit on the sidelines waiting for a chance.

As much as I would really hate to lose Cade, I wouldn't blame him if he took a more enticing offer - especially if its with the Knights and near his hometown of Scone. What would make this palatable, as @SeaEagleRock8 suggested, is we get a fair exchange for him...

Fingers crossed Cade stays at Manly and gets some playing time in 2022.

It was Round 17 vs Raiders when DCE unavailable and Walker was the 7 and Cust played 14. After researching, from what I can find it seems Cade wasn't injured mid season and it was more a case of no room for him.

I agree he seemed happy at Manly as I recall him celebrating with the team after some wins, particularly towards the end of the season and in the finals. However, I feel quite sorry for him as it can't have been easy to sit on the sidelines waiting for a chance.

As much as I would really hate to lose Cade, I wouldn't blame him if he took a more enticing offer - especially if its with the Knights and near his hometown of Scone. What would make this palatable, as @SeaEagleRock8 suggested, is we get a fair exchange for him...

Thanks to clarify that . hopefully the comp can have some normality next season and Cade can at least get to play Black town minimum if he is not considered or needed in the i st grade day squad . Like to see him play half back at Black Town . Good enough for a bench spot but of course Walker and Lawton have first dibs there as things now seem . anyway again good to get more detail on certain topics so thanks again .

Cust came on and scored a try and kicked a ripper 40/20 he did alot for his limited time , Knights chasing Brooks if Pearce goes,there has been a lot halves changing clubs this year and Cust doesn't get a mention so hopefully we can find a place for him after next year

Without Schuster at 5/8 ,we will add nothing to where we were in 2021 .Hopefully after the preseason he is ready to guide this team with Evans to the GF .I don't think Foran has a lot more left in him than what he showed this year , but I can see plenty of plays that Schuster can unleash in 2022 .
That's a bit harsh on Foran alafua8, Foran had a massive impact if not for Tom he would of got some 3pointers in the daley m's. Foran had a virtual injury free run, barring a small stint on the sideline. If it's not broken why do we have to fix it. Things have a way of working themselves out, Schuster will have a massive impact next season for us. Schuster learnt what playing in the NRL is all about, and taking that experience into next year will be proof of that.

Cust to Newcastle might not be a thing that's even on the radar. From what I have been hearing, the Knights might actually be looking to get Luke Brooks as their Pearce replacement. Apparently the Tigers aren't totally against the idea.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4