• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran is with us for another year and my guess his main purpose is to aid in the skills development and culture of our young guys...and I feel he has done a great job this year. I imagine his main target has been the Shoo. They are pretty tight and I applaud Des.
While I believe Josh has grown from the 2rf role, the constant defence required would have taken it's toll on him physically through what must have been a VERY long season for him.
As another thread says, we need some (probably more like a lot) of mongrel in our pack. I would like to see Josh continue his schooling playing in a different position next year. Foran being extended means Josh won't be playing 6...how about giving him a run in the centres outside Foran? I would like to see Kelpie take his 2rf spot. Maybe Walker start at 13 and, heaven forbid, Jake join the prop rotation. Walker could fill Jake's playmaker role and Jake could give a great 50 minutes of hitting hit up and defending.

I feel we are cluttered in the middle with Jake and Walker there and Jake is too slow to play the role Walker could do better.
Just thinking of ways that we could be more competitive and use our squad in the best way according to their abilities and what is best as a team.

Foran is with us for another year and my guess his main purpose is to aid in the skills development and culture of our young guys...and I feel he has done a great job this year. I imagine his main target has been the Shoo. They are pretty tight and I applaud Des.
While I believe Josh has grown from the 2rf role, the constant defence required would have taken it's toll on him physically through what must have been a VERY long season for him.
As another thread says, we need some (probably more like a lot) of mongrel in our pack. I would like to see Josh continue his schooling playing in a different position next year. Foran being extended means Josh won't be playing 6...how about giving him a run in the centres outside Foran? I would like to see Kelpie take his 2rf spot. Maybe Walker start at 13 and, heaven forbid, Jake join the prop rotation. Walker could fill Jake's playmaker role and Jake could give a great 50 minutes of hitting hit up and defending.

I feel we are cluttered in the middle with Jake and Walker there and Jake is too slow to play the role Walker could do better.
Just thinking of ways that we could be more competitive and use our squad in the best way according to their abilities and what is best as a team.
Yep 100% it kills two birds with one stone. At the start of this year I thought Schuster would play centre and I still believe he would be a gun there and takes away the heavy defensive load. Did you see the pass for Garrick on the edge on Friday night? It reminded me of Jamie Lyon. Probably would need to lose a couple kg but could be a real option. I reckon there is only room for one of Harper/Parker in the 17, NOT both.
Bullemore and Davey add that much needed direct hard running in the forwards and with Keppie also able to play backrow, there is no need to use Schuster there, he was there out of necessity this year.
On a side note I'd actually be developing Burbo as a centre also. If we're not gonna buy anyone of note then we need to come up with something from within. Burbo runs great lines, is quick and can defend, I can't see why he wouldn't also be a gun centre.
If Foz gets injured Schuster moves to 5/8 and we have Parker, Burbo and Tuipulotu as back ups.
I also see Koula as a winger not a centre so he can be back up to a Garrick and Saab.

Last edited:
i'd go one more and put both Schu and Walker in the centers(combined weight loss approx 10+kgs I reckon) and just have the likes of Keppie etc filling in Schu's 2nd row position.i think we were caught short a few times in the finals by not having that extra prop/big bopper and carrying both Walker and Lawton who were both excellent BTW.I also think that we were lulled into a false sense of security with that bench as against the lesser teams we could easily get away with it, but when it came to the big games forgetting injuries we were lacking extra punch off the bench that a big body like Sipely etc provides .
If we concentrate on a mobile meter eating pack held together with the great defense that esp Croker/Jake/Keppie etc provide we have more than enough skill and strike in the backs to score any number of points

I actually think Schu serving an apprenticeship in the forwards will be so good for him when he eventually settles at 6. I have a feeling this guy will become one of our club greats. I also have a different view around all the decisions around chopping and changing players. We were one win away from a GF with the team we have and tbh played our worst footy at the most important times. I’m inclined to move into 2022 with the team we have now and just build on the success we experienced this year.

Yep 100% it kills two birds with one stone. At the start of this year I thought Schuster would play centre and I still believe he would be a gun there and takes away the heavy defensive load. Did you see the pass for Garrick on the edge on Friday night? It reminded me of Jamie Lyon. Probably would need to lose a couple kg but could be a real option. I reckon there is only room for one of Harper/Parker in the 17, NOT both.
Bullemore and Davey add that much needed direct hard running in the forwards and with Keppie also able to play backrow, there is no need to use Schuster there, he was there out of necessity this year.
On a side note I'd actually be developing Burbo as a centre also. If we're not gonna buy anyone of note then we need to come up with something from within. Burbo runs great lines, is quick and can defend, I can't see why he wouldn't also be a gun centre.
If Foz gets injured Schuster moves to 5/8 and we have Parker, Burbo and Tuipulotu as back ups.
I also see Koula as a winger not a centre so he can be back up to a Garrick and Saab.
I can see Trbojevic throwing a pass behind the lead runner to Trbojevic, who attracts the extra defender before off-loading to Trbojevic who crashes over between defenders...

Over and over and over again.... I was impressed with Burbos intent and effort in the few games I saw him and, when I saw him up close in person, I was surprised he is a forward as he is not an overly stocky type...

As long as he is light on his feet, no big deal, and as frank says above, he has no gut. Latrell has a spare tyre and he is unhindered.
Yeah exactly, but I mean like latrell I reckon people are always going to bring up 'weight' with him. There is a difference between weight and fat though isn't there.. latrell is fat haha

Ide be willing to give Shuster a shot at centre if he drops a few kgs.. look at Burton for penny, another half playing centre and killing it..

I think we need 2 new centres and a hooker next season if we want to go one better...

Parker Harper and Croker are tradesman... Not bad, but have 0 X factor .. there's nothing there that makes teams watch out for them specifically.

You need spark in atleast 1 of those positions... Storm have grant/cheese/Olam all killing it, all dangerous .
Penrith have API and Burton killing it
Damien cook rips teams to shreds, and even as an old man gagai is still dangerous..

Parker and Harper have 0 impact unless everything's going their way, Croker did a solid trademan job but had zero impact..
We can't sit on our hands and hope the NRL let's fainu play while waiting for his trial (newsflash... THEY WONT)
We have the talent in the props
The backrow is great with Ben turbo and de Louis in the mix too..
DCE is good, Foran does his job and our wingers and fullback are deadly...

Ide like to see Walker and Schuster get first shot at centres, train Lawton at 9 all offseason and look for a decent 9 (even a rookie, I don't care, as long as it's not a f@$king makeshift halfback -5/8 doing the role

It seems everyone is assuming that Foran will last another season. I have my doubts.
While he was far better and more durable this year than any of us thought I believe he should be used as a back-up five-eight next season, playing only when injuries strike. Foran will be invaluable as a mentor to The Shoe, and a great help to the coaching staff. He doesn't need to be on the field to help us win matches. Keep him in the Manly system and one day he will be on our coaching staff.
My opinion stems from the fact that Manly needs to improve next season. As good as Foran was this year he was nowhere near as influential as the 5/8s of the other three top four teams.
Our future lies with The Shoe (and other youngsters) who have improvement in them.

It seems everyone is assuming that Foran will last another season. I have my doubts.
While he was far better and more durable this year than any of us thought I believe he should be used as a back-up five-eight next season, playing only when injuries strike. Foran will be invaluable as a mentor to The Shoe, and a great help to the coaching staff. He doesn't need to be on the field to help us win matches. Keep him in the Manly system and one day he will be on our coaching staff.
My opinion stems from the fact that Manly needs to improve next season. As good as Foran was this year he was nowhere near as influential as the 5/8s of the other three top four teams.
Our future lies with The Shoe (and other youngsters) who have improvement in them.
Possibly you’re right. If manly put him in the benji role, then that would require walker to be in the starting side, which could work at centre. Hard one because walker has been unique at 14, different impact to all the other 14s.

I can see Trbojevic throwing a pass behind the lead runner to Trbojevic, who attracts the extra defender before off-loading to Trbojevic who crashes over between defenders...

Over and over and over again.... I was impressed with Burbos intent and effort in the few games I saw him and, when I saw him up close in person, I was surprised he is a forward as he is not an overly stocky type...
I agree re burbo I honestly had my doubts about him but after seeing the limited minutes that he got he looked very comfortable and not overawed at all.

Ide be willing to give Shuster a shot at centre if he drops a few kgs.. look at Burton for penny, another half playing centre and killing it..

I think we need 2 new centres and a hooker next season if we want to go one better...

Parker Harper and Croker are tradesman... Not bad, but have 0 X factor .. there's nothing there that makes teams watch out for them specifically.

You need spark in atleast 1 of those positions... Storm have grant/cheese/Olam all killing it, all dangerous .
Penrith have API and Burton killing it
Damien cook rips teams to shreds, and even as an old man gagai is still dangerous..

Parker and Harper have 0 impact unless everything's going their way, Croker did a solid trademan job but had zero impact..
We can't sit on our hands and hope the NRL let's fainu play while waiting for his trial (newsflash... THEY WONT)
We have the talent in the props
The backrow is great with Ben turbo and de Louis in the mix too..
DCE is good, Foran does his job and our wingers and fullback are deadly...

Ide like to see Walker and Schuster get first shot at centres, train Lawton at 9 all offseason and look for a decent 9 (even a rookie, I don't care, as long as it's not a f@$king makeshift halfback -5/8 doing the role
Just remember that Parker and harper are just 24yo

Sign Foran to sit on the sidelines - dear oh dear. That might happen at some point between now and never, inside a stadium filled with flying pigs.

He is either the best 2nd rower we have .. or he isn't
He is either the best 5/8th we have .. or he isn't
He is either the best centre we have or he isn't

Love him and his potential .. (and before the hissy fitters start I know he is young, 1st season yadayadayada ) .. but why are people guaranteeing him a spot in the starting side ... if he is as good as we think he is .. it wouldn't be a discussion..

And just because Foran has signed next year also doesn't lock him in as the starting 5/8th ... again. if the shoo is good enough he should be able to dispose off a broken down geriatric with ease ..

Cody Walker won the game for Souths on Friday night

What did Foran do?
What is Foran going to do differently next year? He hit his ceiling high imo this year and it wasn't good enough against the top teams.

Des needs to put Schuster at 5/8th next year with Foran as backup. Schuster has amazing hands and talent, how about he is given a chance to show it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2