• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The guy is way more valuable and dangerous as a 6...not sure the concerns from people about the weight are all that valid.
I think it is a little bit like the Cheese' issue with weight,I think we all noticed Shuster was a little heavier after he was moved into the forwards on a permanent basis,I believe it is horses for courses,Cheese said it was hard to move back and forth in a season between lock and 9 as he was better suited at 92 kgs for dummy half but needed to put on an extra half dozen kilos for his body to handle the extra punishment of playing in the back row.
Maybe Schuster has put on a couple of kilos when he realized or was told that he would be spending the year in the forwards so his body wouldn't cop so much punishment and damage?
No one here really knows that he could not trim down if he knew he was spending the season at 6 instead of 12.....

It seems everyone is assuming that Foran will last another season. I have my doubts.
While he was far better and more durable this year than any of us thought I believe he should be used as a back-up five-eight next season, playing only when injuries strike. Foran will be invaluable as a mentor to The Shoe, and a great help to the coaching staff. He doesn't need to be on the field to help us win matches. Keep him in the Manly system and one day he will be on our coaching staff.
My opinion stems from the fact that Manly needs to improve next season. As good as Foran was this year he was nowhere near as influential as the 5/8s of the other three top four teams.
Our future lies with The Shoe (and other youngsters) who have improvement in them.
i doubt foz will last another season i think he will last another 2 seasons. another off season with don lets see how he goes.

remember don prolonged snakes career.

i doubt foz will last another season i think he will last another 2 seasons. another off season with don lets see how he goes.

remember don prolonged snakes career.
Foran will be 5/8 in 2022, guaranteed.

2023, Mmmm that might be a stretch.

Foran is with us for another year and my guess his main purpose is to aid in the skills development and culture of our young guys...and I feel he has done a great job this year. I imagine his main target has been the Shoo. They are pretty tight and I applaud Des.
While I believe Josh has grown from the 2rf role, the constant defence required would have taken it's toll on him physically through what must have been a VERY long season for him.
As another thread says, we need some (probably more like a lot) of mongrel in our pack. I would like to see Josh continue his schooling playing in a different position next year. Foran being extended means Josh won't be playing 6...how about giving him a run in the centres outside Foran? I would like to see Kelpie take his 2rf spot. Maybe Walker start at 13 and, heaven forbid, Jake join the prop rotation. Walker could fill Jake's playmaker role and Jake could give a great 50 minutes of hitting hit up and defending.

I feel we are cluttered in the middle with Jake and Walker there and Jake is too slow to play the role Walker could do better.
Just thinking of ways that we could be more competitive and use our squad in the best way according to their abilities and what is best as a team.
Im fine with this happening

I’d just really like a centre change, we need a breath of life out there attack wise

Either this, josh to centre, or burbo to centre, or if koula is ready, him centre/wing and garrick to centre

Im fine with this happening

I’d just really like a centre change, we need a breath of life out there attack wise

Either this, josh to centre, or burbo to centre, or if koula is ready, him centre/wing and garrick to centre
It wasn't really about a centre change for me, it was about being a part of fixing what brought us down this year...creating a dominant forward pack. If we have, or can add, strength in our centres I am all for it but our centres didn't lose any game for us this year...our inability to respect the ball and dominate opposing packs did and I think that is what we need to focus on moving forward.

It wasn't really about a centre change for me, it was about being a part of fixing what brought us down this year...creating a dominant forward pack. If we have, or can add, strength in our centres I am all for it but our centres didn't lose any game for us this year...our inability to respect the ball and dominate opposing packs did and I think that is what we need to focus on moving forward.
I think it is not a matter of changing without looking at the good bits of the season and move forward with them and eliminate the not so good bits .For me a lot of the games we won was because most of the other teams could not contain our attack .Our problem was our error rate which was always high till the end .We got punished for them in the losses to Newcastle and Canberra .After the Melbourne game we saw it clearly that errors is going to cost us this years title and it did .In hindsight ,maybe Des could have twigged the team a bit but it was too late as the guys needed a second chance .
Moving on to 2022 we have the team to win it with a few adjustments here and there ;

Fullback - Tom (he does not have to try and do everything ,share the football and practice his left side passing )
Wings - Saab (needs to work on his positional defense and play some touch footy to improve his handling skills )
- Garrick - same as Saab .
Centers - Walker ( he is back to running hard and should be able to set up the wingers )
- ??? need someone like Walker from Parker,Harper,Tuipulotu,Ben T or sign up one .
5/8 - Schuster - we saw what he can do there for 80 mins.(Parramatta) needs to loose a few kilos .He will be our X factor next year at 6 with a lot more ball in hand .
- Liked Foran this year but I do not think there is a lot of improvement left in him .
Half- back - Evans . Needs a lot of improvement when we come up against the top 5 teams .If he can
share 50/50 of the ball with Schuster instead of trying to do too much ,we will be hard to beat .
Props - Aloiai ,Sipley,Paseka,Keppie .2 to start and 2 on the bench .They need to calm down and concentrate on their ball carrying skills ,defense and fitness .
Sec/rows - Haumole ,Bellemor . same as the props .

Lock - Jake . needs to improve his discipline .

Reserves - Foran or one of the centers , Lawton and the 2 props .

I agree that we need to sort out our forward pack & prop rotation for next season.

Walker has done really well coming on as an impact player but the last few games I felt Des brought him on too early (obviously had no choice with Keppie getting KOd against souths).

He should come on once our forwards have softened up & tired out the opposition, as that is when line break opportunities occur for him & the opposition forwards are too fatigued to penetrate our middle. Any earlier & our middle is vulnerable.

I also think we need to reign in this tactic of going wide so early in the game - I dont know if that was our game plan all season or if it was because our forwards weren't setting the platform, but that sort of expansive footy only works either against inferior opposition (i.e teams 5th to 16th) or once the forwards have laid the groundwork to do so.

Overall I'm satisfied with season 2021 - it started off horribly, then improved exponentially & ended pleasantly with a top 4 spot. There are things we need to work on to improve & I'm sure Des is aware of what needs to be done.

Schuster and Parker would be the slowest centre combination in the history of rugby league. As good as Foran was this year we need Schuster playing 6 to give ourselves the best chance of reaching the next level. With Lawton, Bullemor, Davey and maybe Garner we have plenty of options to move into the 2nd row and play a more traditional role there, which I think would definitely help the balance of the team

On second thought i would keep him at 12

The bloke is young - he adjusted to the position well, making him learn another position at centre would just put him back to square one

However i do agree with some sentiment on here of shifting him to 6 sometime through the season. However again - we need continuity, chop and changing doesnt work and a wise coach like des will back his youngsters to learn from this experience

No doubt have to expect that if Foz can hang in there next season and still contribute well , Josh [ Shoo ] will stay as a 2 nd rower . open question after next season in all probability if he may take up the 6 role then . Not too sure if Josh has that all round and effective kicking game or variation also at present . Would be keen to see how Burbo and Bullimor may or could go as running 2 nd rowers with some necessary defence at Black Town and then possibly i st grade . If Bullimor has a lot of natural ability and speed , probably preferable for him to be a bit wider of the ruck and not a work horse type middle and some limited time on the paddock . Need some more grunt and authority up front , Keppie , Paseka Alioia and maybe still Marty can produce it , just need the consistency and regular intent . Sipley and Saddler can still offer something but would have to get to a bit better level and improvement . As for Woods , who knows

No doubt have to expect that if Foz can hang in there next season and still contribute well , Josh [ Shoo ] will stay as a 2 nd rower . open question after next season in all probability if he may take up the 6 role then . Not too sure if Josh has that all round and effective kicking game or variation also at present . Would be keen to see how Burbo and Bullimor may or could go as running 2 nd rowers with some necessary defence at Black Town and then possibly i st grade . If Bullimor has a lot of natural ability and speed , probably preferable for him to be a bit wider of the ruck and not a work horse type middle and some limited time on the paddock . Need some more grunt and authority up front , Keppie , Paseka Alioia and maybe still Marty can produce it , just need the consistency and regular intent . Sipley and Saddler can still offer something but would have to get to a bit better level and improvement . As for Woods , who knows
The middle is where fatigue sets in the most. Bullemore won't be a starting prop. His pace and footwork is best served up guts where he can beat tiring defenders with his pace and punch. I don't get why people automatically associate speed and footwork with an edge.

The middle is where fatigue sets in the most. Bullemore won't be a starting prop. His pace and footwork is best served up guts where he can beat tiring defenders with his pace and punch. I don't get why people automatically associate speed and footwork with an edge.
I reckon this guy could play anywhere. He would definitely add strike as a bench prop or in the backrow. Interesting to see where Des uses him. We are onto a good one here! I honestly think he'd also make a gun centre.

Cody Walker won the game for Souths on Friday night

What did Foran do?
What is Foran going to do differently next year? He hit his ceiling high imo this year and it wasn't good enough against the top teams.

Des needs to put Schuster at 5/8th next year with Foran as backup. Schuster has amazing hands and talent, how about he is given a chance to show it.
Bit harsh their XV-1, Walker, Cody that is, had the luxury of sustained possession and always in our half, from repeat sets, penalties, 6again's, and our errors 15 of em !!. Most of them all of our making though, Foran, what possession he got was minimal and mainly in our own half. If Foran had this amount of ball he'd be a winner to.

Bit harsh their XV-1, Walker, Cody that is, had the luxury of sustained possession and always in our half, from repeat sets, penalties, 6again's, and our errors 15 of em !!. Most of them all of our making though, Foran, what possession he got was minimal and mainly in our own half. If Foran had this amount of ball he'd be a winner to.

Do you believe Foran is still our best option at 5/8th in 2022 and keep Schuster doing 30+ tackles every week in the 2nd row?

We don't know what Shusters ceiling is yet and if kid believes 5/8th is his best position, I think Des needs to consider it.

6 Shoe 7 DCE 9 Croker/ Lawton 3 Parker/ Harper 4 Walker 11 Haumole 12 Lawton/ Burbo
14 Croker/ Foz

Mix of Xfactor youth and experience.

We need halves depth. Dce, foran, schuster and cust will all likely get games in the halves next year.

Do you believe Foran is still our best option at 5/8th in 2022 and keep Schuster doing 30+ tackles every week in the 2nd row?

We don't know what Shusters ceiling is yet and if kid believes 5/8th is his best position, I think Des needs to consider it.
Leave that up to Des, just responding to your criticism of Foran in the Prelim against Souths. You seem to be judging him on this game and not the whole entirety of his season proper, which was nothing short of outstanding tbh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6