The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The 7 bore me.

They can have their views and I can have mine. I don't like their beliefs and I really think what they did sucked old mate @Woodsie ballsack pretty hard.

Not they would give a ****, but my opinion of what they did in a supposedly team sport was that it was low weasel behaviour. Just pathetic. I'd be happy to not see them in a Sea Eagles jersey again not because of their views but because they couldn't give a **** about the club or the team.

I wouldnt assume to know what their beliefs are. All we know is they refused to promote the jersey on the basis that it promotes something contrary to their religion. Can you share with me what evidence you have of what their religion is or what their beliefs are?

Same poster then says "social media said it was a gay pride jersey".

It was mentioned on BSB this morning that the story that they will change their mind n wear the jersey next year is incorrect
Which leaves us at an impasse because we can't afford the risk of dropping 2 points every season.

@highlandeagle back mashing dislikes 😂

20220731_103326.jpg

So @highlandeagle "disliked" this post of mine.

It's pretty clear what his opinion on homosexuals is from that
Your an idiot. I don't have a religious bone in my body and I couldn't give two f's what people do in the bedroom. I would defend SBW if he refused to wear a crucifix on his jersey just because it's Christianity round. It's their freedom I'm defending from the woke communists. Anyway on your high horse!

The 7 bore me.

They can have their views and I can have mine. I don't like their beliefs and I really think what they did sucked old mate @Woodsie ballsack pretty hard.

Not they would give a *, but my opinion of what they did in a supposedly team sport was that it was low weasel behaviour. Just pathetic. I'd be happy to not see them in a Sea Eagles jersey again not because of their views but because they couldn't give a * about the club or the team.

If you were in a kind and understanding mood ... infused with love for your fellow man and a strong desire to be inclusive .... you would consider that it isn't a matter of them not caring for the club ... but a matter of them caring for their fundamental beliefs more ..

And you might share some of your anger with the numbnuts that put them in the position where they were forced to choose ... and if you think it is just our Manly players ... I would suggest you're wrong ..

ALL NRL teams would have come up with the same problem ... someone quoted somebody close to the Penrith squad saying had they tried it out there they would have been lucky to field an u/12 team ...

Only Manly were dumb enough not to ask what could possibly go wrong ...

Your an idiot. I don't have a religious bone in my body and I couldn't give two f's what people do in the bedroom. I would defend SBW if he refused to wear a crucifix on his jersey just because it's Christianity round. It's their freedom I'm defending from the woke communists. Anyway on your high horse!
Okay so now you've revealed your stance on religion, what is your opinion of the discriminatory views towards homosexuals these 7 players hold?

It looks like every facebook post from the club relating to the jersey has mysteriously disappeared. That doesn't mean The daily telegraph posts and articles dont still exist.

View attachment 21812

Yeah nothing to see here...
This isn't a personal go at you, it's just that I never ever saw it promoted as anything other than the "Everyone in League" jersey. The club never advertised it as anything other than that. You'll have to do better than a Dean Ritchie article to convince me it was being promoted as a "gay pride" jersey. That was a construct of those that had a particular issue with the LGBTQIA subset of the "Everyone" group it was aimed at. Listen to Des in the press conference, he went into some detail about the symbolism of the rainbow colours.

A less dramatic take on Hasler from the same masthead, that is, not written by Dan the Man:

Hasler can stay ‘as long as he wants’ as Manly players meet to thrash out jersey divide

By Dan Walsh

July 31, 2022 — 12.16pm

Manly owner Scott Penn declared coach Des Hasler will be at the club “as long as he wants to be” as a players only meeting was held on Sunday to clear the air around the club’s rainbow jersey saga.

The Sun Herald revealed that under the terms of Hasler’s two-year deal, Manly require a top-eight finish this season to trigger an automatic extension for 2024.

The Manly Sea Eagles are in damage control after seven players boycotted this week's NRL match over a decision to wear a rainbow-themed pride jersey.

Sources with knowledge of the situation have indicated those terms have been revisited in talks between Manly management and Hasler’s agent George Mimis recently. Discussions took place before seven Manly players stood themselvesdown from NRL duties on religious and cultural grounds over the club’s ‘Everyone in League’ rainbow jersey.

The Sea Eagles’ subsequent loss to the Roosters has them in danger of finishing the weekend placed 11th on the ladder, two points adrift of the top eight and in desperate need of a win over Parramatta on Friday.

Manly’s playing group assembled at their Brookvale base on Sunday morning for a “clear the air session”, according to Penn. Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Josh Schuster, Tolu Koula, Haumole Olakau’atu, Toafofoa Sipley and Christian Tuipulotu have made themselves available for NRL selection this week.
Des Hasler will be staying at the club, according to chairman Scott Penn.

Des Hasler will be staying at the club, according to chairman Scott Penn.CREDIT:GETTY
Penn insisted on Sunday that Hasler is under no pressure to keep his position, though declined to comment on specific performance clauses in his contract.

“I’m not going to go into detail but we’ve always said that Des is here as long as he wants to be and as long as the team’s performing,” Penn told The Herald. “He’s not in any danger and we’re competing to make the finals.

“If we were competing for the wooden spoon it would be a different story but we’re tenth and we’ve got to win at least four, if not five out of our last five games and that’s what we’re focused on right now.

“We won’t entertain any discussions with Des until the off-season and he’s on contract for 2023 as it is.”

A surprise top-four appearance last season triggered a monetary bonus in Hasler’s deal, which was originally negotiated with one eye to the two-time premiership winner’s next move beyond coaching.

Penn reiterated that an off-field role for Hasler whenever his time as head coach wraps up remains the plan, with specifics around a coaching director or consulting role yet to be revisited since.

“There’s always been discussions to have Des on board for as long as he wants to be,” Penn said.

“The most important thing as people come toward the end of their career, you do look at how you transition and when they transition.
“That’s been considered previously but right now, we’re not even there yet. The focus is this year and finals.”
Manly’s precarious place on the ladder leaves them fighting for a finals spot over the next five weeks.

Manly’s precarious place on the ladder leaves them fighting for a finals spot over the next five weeks.CREDIT:GETTY

Meanwhile, the ‘Sea Eagles Seven’ were advised to stay away from last Thursday’s home game against the Roosters amid police fears around crowd backlash.

The players concerned met with Penn and Manly officials last Thursday to discuss their stand-down and the lack of direct consultation from the club around the jersey.

They also trained together last week but Sunday was the first time they have re-joined the wider playing group with an eye to salvaging the Sea Eagles finals bid.

“There was a plan for the guys to get together, have a chat and a clear-the-air session,” Penn said.

“There aren’t any major dramas, it’s just that it was a very busy week and there hasn’t been a chance for everyone to get together and have a chat.”

“There aren’t any major dramas, it’s just that it was a very busy week and there hasn’t been a chance for everyone to get together and have a chat.”
Wow. Say what you like about Scott Penn, but he definitely has a flair for understatement. No "major dramas", huh? "Very busy week", huh?

I know Manhattan is a long way away, but sometimes I wonder if he's from another planet - like an alien attempting to simulate the appearance and actions of a human being. That would also explain the "almost there" facial hair.

This isn't a personal go at you, it's just that I never ever saw it promoted as anything other than the "Everyone in League" jersey. The club never advertised it as anything other than that. You'll have to do better than a Dean Ritchie article to convince me it was being promoted as a "gay pride" jersey. That was a construct of those that had a particular issue with the LGBTQIA subset of the "Everyone" group it was aimed at. Listen to Des in the press conference, he went into some detail about the symbolism of the rainbow colours.
I couldn't care less if you have a personal go at me. Ritchie's article was published in The Daily Telegraph and posted on Facebook by The Daily Telegraph. Apparently it was the first they saw of it and the rest is history. I think you are disingenous if you are now trying to say it wasn't presented as a gay pride jersey 6 days later.

I couldn't care less if you have a personal go at me. Ritchie's article was published in The Daily Telegraph and posted on Facebook by The Daily Telegraph. Apparently it was the first they saw of it and the rest is history. I think you are disingenous if you are now trying to say it wasn't presented as a gay pride jersey 6 days later.
Don't back down, double down.

Can we please drop the bull**** argument that our Notorious 7 were or have been discriminated against? Discrimination is, in a nutshell, treating a person or group of people differently to others. They were not treated differently - they were asked, as were all of their teammates, to wear a particular jersey. They said no. They, in fact, wished to be treated differently by being allowed to play in a different jersey. They were told no. And they didn't play. Nobody forced them to say or do anything they didn't want to say or do. So their strong "cultural and/or religious" beliefs, whatever they might be, were in fact respected by the club and the NRL. And somehow they're supposed to be the martyrs?

Can I also point out that we don't have any state or federal legislation aimed specifically at religious discrimination. Scotty from Marketing did introduce a federal Religious Discrimination Bill and it didn't work out that well for him. Oh, and while we're at it, even though Australia is a signatory to the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, none of the rights it enumerates apply in Oz unless domestic legislation is enacted. Bonus fun fact: Australia is the only democratic country in the world that doesn't have a bill of rights of any kind.

So yeah, if you really think these guys have been hard done by, and their human right to express opinions that vilify and discriminate against others (which is usually regarded as a key limitation on free speech) has been taken away from them, maybe start a GoFundMe page to hire Geoffrey Robertson to take it to the Hague. The case being so strong, he might even do it pro bono!

Otherwise, let's get back to talking footy.

I certainly don't think the 7 have been discriminated against ... and you are 100% correct in that their stand and belief's have been respected by the Coach, the Captain, the Club , the NRL and every other clear minded person ...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8