The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll answer you ...

The question you posed was ... "Do you believe the 7 players' discriminatory beliefs deserve respect?"

My answer is an emphatic NO! .... However what does deserve not only respect, but defending with every ounce of our being ... is their right to have them ..

The alternative is Totalitarianism ... Stalin silenced the church and all opposition voices ... Hitler silenced the church and all opposition voices ... That North Korean lunatic is also not keen on alternate views being expressed ..

And .. who decides what view is right or wrong ... the current ruling political party ? ... the Judiciary ... a Woodsie poll ?

The saying that .. This is why our fathers fought a war ... is over used ... but this issue is exactly why they fought a war ... for the freedom to be a numbnut ... without fear that you will be silenced or EXCLUDED because of your beliefs ...
Furthermore, who decided the 6 things I listed that were previously okay per the bible are in fact crimes?

Was that totalitarianism in action, or common sense mixed with a dash of human rights?

@47MVEagle You are trying to conflate the issue of promoting gay pride in this case with the validity of Christianity when we dont even know if they are Mormon, Christian, Catholic, Muslim or anything else because they havent spoken publicly. They are different topics altogether. I'm not arguing on the validity of religion or beliefs. I'm arguing for the right to hold them. I don't know or care what they believe.

Also from that same Wierdler article. I do find it interesting that none of them are willing to be directly quoted in the media. I wonder why that is ?? As it says below, “They won’t have words or thoughts put in their mouth.” , but they aren't willing to communicate their own words and thoughts on the matter. I find that strange. Of course they aren't obligated to, as it will be quickly pointed out by many that we live in a free society, but if you want some understanding or acceptance of your position then some communication of it would be helpful.

Manly seven insist they won’t change view​

Members of the Manly seven are standing strong and want it made clear assertions from club management that they are ready to backtrack on their decision and wear any kind of “rainbow” jersey in the future are well off the mark.
The players contacted management to tell them their position has not changed, that they will continue to refuse to wear such jumpers and that they are angry the club has made them look weak.

They have told the Sea Eagles they refuse to compromise their religious beliefs by wearing a rainbow jumper next year.
A few minutes after Nathan Cleary became the NRL’s latest headline in an amazing week, a representative of the group contacted me to let me know they will not be changing their minds.

“I can speak on behalf of all the players, the seven, plus another player who was asked to replace the players – the view of the group is united, the players will not be taking part in a pride exercise,” the representative, who did not want to be named, said.
Josh Aloiai, one of the seven, broke the players’ silence on social media on Friday night, saying: “No amount of public scrutiny or internal pressure will cause us to fold our stance, you can’t backflip on beliefs or turn them on and off.”

An intermediary provided me with a statement saying: “The players will not be told what to believe. Or wear something that is in contrast to their beliefs. Whatever religion or culture is important to people, the players have no issue with that. They won’t tell others how to believe or behave and want the same respect given to them.
“While consultation was important, the real issue relates to their religion. The players have been criticised for playing in a sports betting jumper at a beer field. The critics may not have read the Bible. There is nothing to say it’s not OK, just not in excess, but the same goes for food.
“The players also want it known they are not homophobic. They are not telling people what to do. But they don’t want to be told what they need to represent when they don’t believe it.
“They won’t have words or thoughts put in their mouth.”
Thanks for posting rest of article was going to post it earlier but posting it all in one go would not of been helpful.

@highlandeagle mashing likes & dislikes again LOL

20220731_103326.jpg

@47MVEagle You are trying to conflate the issue of promoting gay pride in this case with the validity of Christianity when we dont even know if they are Mormon, Christian, Catholic, Muslim or anything else because they havent spoken publicly. They are different topics altogether. I'm not arguing on the validity of religion or beliefs. I'm arguing for the right to hold them. I don't know or care what they believe.
I'm not trying to conflate anything.

It was women in league round - they had no problem with that.

The "Everyone In League" jersey was for WiL, Gotcha4Life & everyone else & had rainbow stripes.

The 7 refused to wear it due to religious beliefs - their right to hold.

If their beliefs were contravened by the representation for women (doubtful, since we've had WiL rounds before & not a peep from them), mental health (doubtful because there gave bern multiple mental health campaigns in leafue & not a peep from them) or everyone else (hmm...), then regardless of what it was that offended their beliefs, they've revealed themselves to be discriminatory against at least one demographic.

Them (& you) throwing out the "religious beliefs" mantra simply sweeps the issue under the carpet only to come up again in the future.

The smooth-brained right initially raised the issue via Israel Folau's vile social media posts but unfortunately Rugby Australia weren't willing to risk a Supreme Court ruling.

Now the "peanut brained lefties" have raised the issue & it's revealed an ugly side to 7 of pur players.

Yes it's their right to hold such antiquated beliefs but there are repercussions to it, which is everyone elses right.

I wouldnt assume to know what their beliefs are. All we know is they refused to promote the jersey on the basis that it promotes something contrary to their religion. Can you share with me what evidence you have of what their religion is or what their beliefs are?
Gambling is contrary to their religion! Did the club have to get permission from the 7 for the jersey sponsor??

Did the club have to get permission from the 7 for 4 pines to be a sponsor??

It’s ridiculous that they didn’t play. They are payed to tow the company line. Play football, go to kids schools, have media conferences. The sign contacts stating these things. The club would be within their right to sack all of them for failing to adhere to their contacts.

They are payed to do what the club tells them.

And the religious beliefs of these 7 players were respected (aka "accepted") because they weren't forced to play nor were they punished for refusing to wear the jersey.

Respect/acceptance of a right to religious beliefs does not equate to respecting the person who holds them.
So @highlandeagle "disliked" this post of mine.

It's pretty clear what his opinion on homosexuals is from that

@47MVEagle I think you need to put the peanuts back in the jar.
You are conflating and you dont even know because you're an idiot. Now you are also adding being disingenous. The jersey was advertised on social media as a gay pride strip end of story. Easy to call it whatever you want, if it was an "everyone in league" strip where was the cross and the crescent moon to go with the rainbow? How about the flying spaghetti monster?
Also, just because someone doesn't like or agree with your posts doesn't extend to their views on a totally unrelated topic.
@Lyonstomenzies What religion is that? Is I mentioned above, they havent spoken so how would you even know? Assuming we are talking about Christianity, drinking alcohol and gambling are not sins in isolation.

Des Hasler is one of the few people at Manly to emerge with their reputation intact following the rainbow jersey fiasco, but he has been dealing with another big issue that could explode as a result of the split at the club.

Hasler has five games to save his career with the Sea Eagles, despite guiding them through the most trying of weeks. Under the terms of his contract, Manly have to finish in the top eight this year in order to trigger a new deal with the club.

It is a condition that Manly put into his contract, which was negotiated when Hasler was facing life in the coaching wilderness after his celebrated falling out with the Bulldogs in 2017. He had to agree to clauses that coaches in a stronger position would knock back.

There had been negotiations for months between former Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys and Hasler’s agent, George Mimis, to restructure the deal. That all came to nothing when Humphreys made a sudden exit from the Sea Eagles in April.

Seven Sea Eagles players did not play in Thursday’s 20-10 loss to the Roosters after refusing to wear a jersey featuring rainbow colours that was designed to promote inclusivity. It would have taken a strong finish to the year to make the top eight, but the Roosters loss has left Manly 10th on the ladder and in danger of missing the finals.

Hasler has been left to coach with a cloud hanging over him, and, with new Manly boss Tony Mestrov starting on Monday, his future is sure to be a hot topic.

Hasler’s situation also raises another interesting issue about the jersey boycott. If Manly don’t finish inside the top eight to trigger a renewal for Hasler, the coach may have a case against the club.

Manly’s management has admitted the decision to wear the controversial jumper was not communicated to the coach, and we have seen the fallout since.

If Hasler’s deal is not renewed due to their finishing position, the role the “inclusivity” jersey played in their demise could be something Mimis seizes on. The obvious solution is to ditch the clause and allow Hasler to coach without the doubt surrounding his future.

It is remarkable that even a fourth place finish last year didn’t assure Hasler would keep his job beyond this season.

Not anymore mate, he's been gifts job as long as he wants it after this recent debacle, I hope he doesn't decide to sit in that chair fotoo much longer, we need a change at the helm and soon imo

It looks like every facebook post from the club relating to the jersey has mysteriously disappeared. That doesn't mean The daily telegraph posts and articles dont still exist.

1659236778329.png

Yeah nothing to see here...

Also from that same Wierdler article. I do find it interesting that none of them are willing to be directly quoted in the media. I wonder why that is ?? As it says below, “They won’t have words or thoughts put in their mouth.” , but they aren't willing to communicate their own words and thoughts on the matter. I find that strange. Of course they aren't obligated to, as it will be quickly pointed out by many that we live in a free society, but if you want some understanding or acceptance of your position then some communication of it would be helpful.

Manly seven insist they won’t change view​

Members of the Manly seven are standing strong and want it made clear assertions from club management that they are ready to backtrack on their decision and wear any kind of “rainbow” jersey in the future are well off the mark.
The players contacted management to tell them their position has not changed, that they will continue to refuse to wear such jumpers and that they are angry the club has made them look weak.

They have told the Sea Eagles they refuse to compromise their religious beliefs by wearing a rainbow jumper next year.
A few minutes after Nathan Cleary became the NRL’s latest headline in an amazing week, a representative of the group contacted me to let me know they will not be changing their minds.

“I can speak on behalf of all the players, the seven, plus another player who was asked to replace the players – the view of the group is united, the players will not be taking part in a pride exercise,” the representative, who did not want to be named, said.
Josh Aloiai, one of the seven, broke the players’ silence on social media on Friday night, saying: “No amount of public scrutiny or internal pressure will cause us to fold our stance, you can’t backflip on beliefs or turn them on and off.”

An intermediary provided me with a statement saying: “The players will not be told what to believe. Or wear something that is in contrast to their beliefs. Whatever religion or culture is important to people, the players have no issue with that. They won’t tell others how to believe or behave and want the same respect given to them.
“While consultation was important, the real issue relates to their religion. The players have been criticised for playing in a sports betting jumper at a beer field. The critics may not have read the Bible. There is nothing to say it’s not OK, just not in excess, but the same goes for food.
“The players also want it known they are not homophobic. They are not telling people what to do. But they don’t want to be told what they need to represent when they don’t believe it.
“They won’t have words or thoughts put in their mouth.”
Weirdler is loving this and will milk it for all it's worth, he's a sickening show pony who cares little for the division he creates by highlighting every word uttered by the seven, not saying he's misrepresenting their view rather that he's putting in print every word spoken on the subject in order to keep passions at fever pitch just so he can grab another headline, the players would be better served discussing their grievances with the club than taking it to this rissole imo

Does anyone know if the 7 players concerned have offered to take a reduction in money for sitting out the game ?

Not anymore mate, he's been gifts job as long as he wants it after this recent debacle, I hope he doesn't decide to sit in that chair fotoo much longer, we need a change at the helm and soon imo

I thought I read that he was being transitioned into a General Manager of Football ... eg Gould

Can't say I would like working under Dessie ... can imagine the opening conversation ...

Dessie ... Why are you late ?
New Coach ... it's 3.15 in the morning ..
Dessie ... I've been here for an hour ..
NC .. WTF
Dessie .. Okay, you're in charge Coach, what's the plan today ..
NC .. Well I thought we would have a bondi.....what's this ?
Dessie ...That's a timetable and agenda for the next 2 weeks..just helping out ..I won't be interfering
NC ... Arrrr Thanks .. I need to stamp my authority on the team ..
Dessie .. Absolurely ... here you'll need this ...
NC ... What's this ..
Dessie ... That's the team list for next week ..
NC ... Good Grief
Dessie ... by the way ... you've got my full support ..

Can we please drop the bull**** argument that our Notorious 7 were or have been discriminated against? Discrimination is, in a nutshell, treating a person or group of people differently to others. They were not treated differently - they were asked, as were all of their teammates, to wear a particular jersey. They said no. They, in fact, wished to be treated differently by being allowed to play in a different jersey. They were told no. And they didn't play. Nobody forced them to say or do anything they didn't want to say or do. So their strong "cultural and/or religious" beliefs, whatever they might be, were in fact respected by the club and the NRL. And somehow they're supposed to be the martyrs?

Can I also point out that we don't have any state or federal legislation aimed specifically at religious discrimination. Scotty from Marketing did introduce a federal Religious Discrimination Bill and it didn't work out that well for him. Oh, and while we're at it, even though Australia is a signatory to the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, none of the rights it enumerates apply in Oz unless domestic legislation is enacted. Bonus fun fact: Australia is the only democratic country in the world that doesn't have a bill of rights of any kind.

So yeah, if you really think these guys have been hard done by, and their human right to express opinions that vilify and discriminate against others (which is usually regarded as a key limitation on free speech) has been taken away from them, maybe start a GoFundMe page to hire Geoffrey Robertson to take it to the Hague. The case being so strong, he might even do it pro bono!

Otherwise, let's get back to talking footy.

Last edited:
@47MVEagle I think you need to put the peanuts back in the jar.
You are conflating and you dont even know because you're an idiot. Now you are also adding being disingenous. The jersey was advertised on social media as a gay pride strip end of story. Easy to call it whatever you want, if it was an "everyone in league" strip where was the cross and the crescent moon to go with the rainbow? How about the flying spaghetti monster?
Also, just because someone doesn't like or agree with your posts doesn't extend to their views on a totally unrelated topic.
@Lyonstomenzies What religion is that? Is I mentioned above, they havent spoken so how would you even know? Assuming we are talking about Christianity, drinking alcohol and gambling are not sins in isolation.
Oh, social media decreed it was a gay pride jersey so it must have been a gay pride jersey because social media said so.

So you claimed I was assuming these players particular religions & their specific religious belief that prevented them wearing the jersey yet you rely on social media to tell you what to think.

HAHAHAHAHA 😂

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8