The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Oh you absolutely have to be joking me? IF this is actually true - these players are now saying ... hey we will wear the Gay Pride jersey... but we will do it next year...as long as you ask us first and consult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me an effing break you hypocritical morons! It was against your religion/beliefs last night... but after the backlash.... it will be within your beliefs next year if someone asks you??? What an absolute load of bollocks - wreck the season purely because someone didn't ask you if the jersey was ok and if they did you would have said yes. That is the biggest load of political spin I have read outside listening to a politician! Just how can your values/beliefs change purely over that fact that someone did or did not ask you first. They have absolutely lost all credibility with me now on the issue of their beliefs. The issue is either clearly part of your scripture and beliefs or not.... surely beliefs and the scripture can't be wiped away if someone asks you about an issue???? I have heard it all now. Speaking of now - serenity NOW!!!!!!!

Last edited:
F*ck, this is so disappointing. Whilst I didn't agree with the players stance and found it hypocritical in relation to other aspects of their teachings they chose to ignore, ultimately I accepted their decision. Whether we like it or not, we have to accept that some people's beliefs don't often align with our own, or public sentiment.

To hear that provided they're consulted, they will now play in the jersey, screams entitlement. Don't get me wrong, the club f*cked up by not doing it in the first place. But their little protest shone a negative light on the club and potentially cost us a spot in the finals.

I'd almost have more respect for them if they stood by their stance and refused to ever play in the jersey, no matter how hypocritical it may seem.

This makes what they’ve done worse. It shows that it was a faction against the club, not the rainbows. So, not in the name of religion...In the name of entitled importance.

To let your club, teammates, and supporters down, and sit out the biggest game of the year thus far, in the name of being consulted about something, shows just where the headspace is for these guys!

Next week the magnificent 7 return along with Keppie, maybe Ben Turbo and Weekes.

I'd suggest if Des doesnt pick all 7 they will bung on some more crap.

I think a few of them might need to earn their (white) stripes again, especially now as our season is all but over. I hope Fulton, Segyaro, Smalley and Weekes are in our 17 for the Eels. I also doubt Schuster can hold a spot in our top squad.

edit Bullemore in the 17 too.

Last edited:
This makes what they’ve done worse. It shows that it was a faction against the club, not the rainbows. So, not in the name of religion...In the name of entitled importance.

To let your club, teammates, and supporters down, and sit out the biggest game of the year thus far, in the name of being consulted about something, shows just where the headspace is for these guys!
yep yep - a complete and utter farce and a total smoke screen. I still contend that the club would not seek the players imprimatur to wear an Indigenous jersey, Anzac jersey, white ribbons jersey etc and the fact that they wear a jersey emblazoned with Pointsbet and play at 4Pines Park... there simply was no need in my mind to consult and their backflip today just proves what an over reaction it was from those players. But yes now in hindsight - the club needs to consult on any issue.. including what coloured water bottles are in the sheds!

Agree with all of the above. To change their thinking on the very night they refused to play is ludicrous. It'd be much more acceptable after talks with Ian Roberts etc. helped change their thinking about being inclusive. Not promotional, inclusive.

Throughout all this though, the thing that has been really bugging me is that I don't believe for one millisecond that all these players suddenly came up with this on their own. There simply had to be a leader of the group to form what is now an uncomfortably large faction.

I do not blame seven players for this. I blame one. I have a fairly good idea who that is and hope that there is some way he can be let go because keeping him means that power remains strong in the future in who knows how many areas.

Next week the magnificent 7 return along with Keppie, maybe Ben Turbo and Weekes.

I think a few of them might need to earn their (white) stripes again, especially now as our season is all but over. I hope Fulton, Segyaro, Smalley and Weekes are in our 17 for the Eels. I also doubt Schuster can hold a spot in our top squad.
I'd be very happy with those Guy's coming in and leaving the entitled on the side line

Agree with all of the above. To change their thinking on the very night they refused to play is ludicrous. It'd be much more acceptable after talks with Ian Roberts etc. helped change their thinking about being inclusive. Not promotional, inclusive.

Throughout all this though, the thing that has been really bugging me is that I don't believe for one millisecond that all these players suddenly came up with this on their own. There simply had to be a leader of the group to form what is now an uncomfortably large faction.

I do not blame seven players for this. I blame one. I have a fairly good idea who that is and hope that there is some way he can be let go because keeping him means that power remains strong in the future in who knows how many areas.
I absolutely agree - not sure who... my initial view was Aloiai because I think he is the strong leader in our pack and I gathered a leader amongst that group. I however hoped it was their management behind this and then we could give them a pass for being coerced... maybe. Surely though Schuster isn't the leader of the gang? But I totally agree there is one strong voice behind all this and the others went along with it. I truly think the three young players yet to play a game for us will be absolutely kicking themselves this morning realising that their religion will allow them to play in the jersey.. next year!

It definitely makes it worse. ****ing self entitled pricks.

Everyone is selling these 7 players short. I reckon they have done a fantastic job promoting awareness for the LGBTQIA+ community and other marginalised groups. If they had worn the jumper and played last night then it's just another game of footy with a fancy jersey. Like we see 3 or 4 times every season. Ho Hum.

However by making a selfless stand on the issue they have given the inclusivity cause a massive amount of publicity this week. Not just within the game, this has transcended Rugby League, it has gone world wide. The level of debate and discussion across all forms of media and the community has been amazing. The topic has come up in all aspects of my life, family, work and social circles - not to mention the Silvetails forum. Absolutely fantastic outcome. There have been conversations had, eyes opened, minds changed, and different points of views accepted right across all walks of life. That doesn't happen if they just get on with it and play last night

We should applaud their efforts. They have done their families, culture and God proud. They have achieved exactly what the jersey set out to achieve. I doubt there are too many people who didn't have a conversation about inclusivity this week and that's a truly wonderful outcome. Thank you guys.

edit Bullemore in the 17 too.
I think Schuster might wind up at another club within a few years. He reminds me of Adam Cuthbertson - loads of talent, but lazy at times and an attitude that might be at odds with the team environment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4