The Samuela Fainu thread ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

This just came through on facebook ... looks like this bloke will earn his own thread ...

20 Stars for 2023 | Samuela Fainu​

Author Tom Gibbs Time stamp Mon 2 Jan 2023, 09:01 AM

Samuela Fainu, 18, is a skilful young forward turning heads at Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Fainu, whose younger brother Latu Fainu has already caught the attention of local fans after inking a long-term extension last year, also re-committed in 2021 and has wasted no time in finding his feet in the NSWRL’s 2022 competitions.

He was named in the extended squad for the NSW Under 19s for the return of the junior representative Origin clash in June, but despite missing out on the final 17, he is well and truly on the radar for future selections.

With height, agility and noticeable leg speed for his size – very much in the mould of Sea Eagles first-grader Haumole Olakau’atu – Fainu also has the versatility to play both on the edge and in the middle of the forward pack.

samuela-fainu1.jpg

He started at prop in the 2021 UNE Harold Matthews Cup-winning side, including scoring a second-half try in the Grand Final win over Parramatta Eels.

Fainu earned a promotion to Manly Warringah’s SG Ball Cup (Under 19s) team in 2022, making seven appearances for two tries, two try assists, four line-break assists, 13 offloads and 150 tackles (21.4 per game).

Fainu pushed ahead to the Jersey Flegg Cup (Under 21s) later in the year whilst still eligible for Under 19s, playing seven games with three tries including a double on debut in Round 14.

There’s no doubt the future looks bright at the Sea Eagles, with Olakau’atu, Josh Schuster, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu and Tolu Koula progressing though the grades to make an impact in recent seasons. Next year it could be Samuela Fainu who looms large on the horizon at Brookvale.

Exciting times. Plenty to be positive about…over the next couple of years. still think we are short a prop for the 2023 season. You know the take no prisoners type wrecking ball.

Exciting times. Plenty to be positive about…over the next couple of years. still think we are short a prop for the 2023 season. You know the take no prisoners type wrecking ball.
Lets see what the current bunch can produce in the trials. We all know their history but let's see if this coaching group can unlock something in one or two of them. THAT would be exciting.

Personally rate Latu the Best of a very talented Fainu bunch, however many good judges have Samuela as the best.....has serious skills and the mobile modern day forward and 1 to watch....will have the opportunity to impress from day 1.
just checked youtube, latu is on there but samula isn't, therefor all modern day logic points to the fact that latu must be better

Safe to say Samuela and Latu are very much in our clubs future plans. It’s very hard to say what brother is better as they are completely different.
Watching Latu in the lower grades over the last few years, he is in my mind going to be something else. Electrifying with the ball in hand and some real one on one bone rattling defence. Also he was always playing up a few years.

Samuela on the other hand is a big body that plays a power game. Boasts a real physical presence constantly causing headaches for the defence.

Can’t wait to see them both in the top grade

Safe to say Samuela and Latu are very much in our clubs future plans. It’s very hard to say what brother is better as they are completely different.
Watching Latu in the lower grades over the last few years, he is in my mind going to be something else. Electrifying with the ball in hand and some real one on one bone rattling defence. Also he was always playing up a few years.

Samuela on the other hand is a big body that plays a power game. Boasts a real physical presence constantly causing headaches for the defence.

Can’t wait to see them both in the top grade

I saw Latu at Brookie last year and he is a big kid. I would imagine he will be blooded as soon as age permits.

Looks like our pathways are continuing to produce FG footballers

Who is responsible for signing these players?

The Fulton's?
The Fulton Pathway Production is working and this latest talent is the latest proof

I hope Mestrov is smart enough to realise this

This Amazing Fainu kid is flowing straight out of the proven Fulton Pathway Fountain that keeps producing great players

The Fulton Legacy will for ever live on

God Bless the most decorated the most successful and the Greatest Sea eagles of all time

The one and only Incomparable Immortal and Greatest player of all time

See the source image

Last edited:
You know how Latu is a half - well so was Manase.....
Did he make a great fist at 9 ?
Are we missing an explosive 9 ?
Thing is, many at Manly have Humphreys the successor at 7 as much as young Fainu, so we are going to have some red hot options for key positions in coming years.

Certainly some good signs with some emerging prop talent if the indications with Samuela "s [ Fainu ] ability are close to the mark . Then Tuitavake , Fifita [ who i have not seen much of but apparently can go O K ] , even Sykes who has a good work rate . Not sure how things will eventually pan out , Keppie , Paseka and Alioia on slightly longer term contracts now , Sipley there abouts and Boyle . Bulemor despite some previous rep[orts , seems keen to go on with it , reckon that he could have some good attributes as a 13 as well but would have a way to go there Jake always that option at prop where he is probably more suited . Fifita apparently has some good footwork and maybe could play in the back row . Then to cater for both Weekes and Latu Fainu coming through . Plenty of good prospects but somehow have to find a way to combine and mould it all into a strong and competitive playing outfit who can match it with the front runners A S A P

You know how Latu is a half - well so was Manase.....
Did he make a great fist at 9 ?
Are we missing an explosive 9 ?
Thing is, many at Manly have Humphreys the successor at 7 as much as young Fainu, so we are going to have some red hot options for key positions in coming years.
A bit out of left field but maybe D C E could do a Joey Johns and finish his career [ Manly ] [ say 24 and 25 as a 9 . That could then cater for Latu Fainu to play in the halves [ where he would be obviously more suited , Schuster , Weekes and Humphries l also to vie for the 6 and 7 roles . Maybe not totally ready this season but Latu would be not that far off being given a crack at i st grade all things normal . Actually seemed to have a fairly quite 2022 with some apparent injuries and whatever [ Latu ] but just so outstanding the previous season so should be able to go on with it , then to sign on for more extended time from season 25 all things going well

A bit out of left field but maybe D C E could do a Joey Johns and finish his career [ Manly ] [ say 24 and 25 as a 9 . That could then cater for Latu Fainu to play in the halves [ where he would be obviously more suited , Schuster , Weekes and Humphries l also to vie for the 6 and 7 roles . Maybe not totally ready this season but Latu would be not that far off being given a crack at i st grade all things normal . Actually seemed to have a fairly quite 2022 with some apparent injuries and whatever [ Latu ] but just so outstanding the previous season so should be able to go on with it , then to sign on for more extended time from season 25 all things going well
You had me at “finish his career”…

(Joking, fellas. Joking.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4