The Samuela Fainu thread ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In my opinion Samuela is not ready for first grade yet but will be hard to ignore in 2024 .If anyone needs to be given a run sometime this year is Fifita .
Soon see in the trials , competition for spots can only be a good thing . Have to gain the experience as well as game adjustment at a higher level and certainly hope that all of the young guns get a decent run

Pretty much every interview we are seeing is referencing S Fainu....exciting as he must be really turning heads
I think he may be a chance at lock with Jake moving to front row..they all talk about his speed , footwork and ball playing ability..the fact his 19 wont be an issue because ive also read previously they mentioned his toughness at training... also very interesting that Condon is mentioned as a "middle" so could he be a bolter for off the bench rotation forward?

Really have not seen a lot of these younger forwards , seem to be making a good impression with their enthusiasm and keen running ability , certainly hope that their defensive ability is capable as well . Just too soft in the middle at different stages last season despite having noted defenders in Jake and Olakau - atu and Croker . More like Keppie , Paseki , Alioia [ if they can all stay on the field ] Bulemor and even Sipley and Boyle to step up a bit as well . Just be ideal if S Fainu could make a transition to a 13 role or initial back up and his potential can live up to some current expectation

In my opinion Samuela is not ready for first grade yet but will be hard to ignore in 2024 .If anyone needs to be given a run sometime this year is Fifita .
I hope we get to see them both debut this season

They both have the talent

It will be the Samuela and Fifiita Manlys Got Talent Show on dispaly

And talent not used is Talent wasted

What determines when a player is considered ready? His Age? Size? Physical attributes? mental fortitude? IMO its evidenced by how hard he works at training and what he produces on the field when given the appropriate opportunity. I express an opinion after seeing some of these lads have a run in the trials. Koula came onto the filed after Harper was destroyed by the big Cronulla centre Talakai and Koula shut him down in the second half. That showed he was well and truly ready for first grade. If he had of started we probably win that game.

He and his brother (Latu) were outstanding in the juniors. Up there (with Josh Feledy) as the best players on the field every game I saw. They will be NRL players one day.

The trend has been for players, forwards included, to start their careers earlier than they may have in the past. If they're ready to make an impact, I'd like to think that will happen at Manly too.

Great to see that there are big wraps on a lot of young players coming through . I hope they are patient cause their time will come , But as it happens so often they aren’t and they go elsewhere , The club has to balance this and be ruthless at the same time . Time will tell and if there ready and in form . Hopefully Seibold will blood them and make sure Manly keep the ones they want .

I hope we get to see them both debut this season

They both have the talent

It will be the Samuela and Fifiita Manlys Got Talent Show on dispaly

And talent not used is Talent wasted
I was referring to Samuela's physical strength in contact to avoid getting injured but the talent is there .I hope if the team is not performing that he gets a run .

I was referring to Samuela's physical strength in contact to avoid getting injured but the talent is there .I hope if the team is not performing that he gets a run .
The talented Jeremiah Nanai was 19 when he made his dynamic debut for the Cowboys

Young Talent not used is Talent wasted

He and his brother (Latu) were outstanding in the juniors. Up there (with Josh Feledy) as the best players on the field every game I saw. They will be NRL players one day.

The trend has been for players, forwards included, to start their careers earlier than they may have in the past. If they're ready to make an impact, I'd like to think that will happen at Manly too.
Still can't believe Feledy got away :wondering:

What determines when a player is considered ready? His Age? Size? Physical attributes? mental fortitude? IMO its evidenced by how hard he works at training and what he produces on the field when given the appropriate opportunity. I express an opinion after seeing some of these lads have a run in the trials. Koula came onto the filed after Harper was destroyed by the big Cronulla centre Talakai and Koula shut him down in the second half. That showed he was well and truly ready for first grade. If he had of started we probably win that game.
The Roosters obviously determine what age a player can be considered ready hahaha!

Harper had been sick the week before that Cronulla game, and should not have played. It didn't do Manly or his own reputation any good. Was it Des's decision, or his own? We may never know.

The talented Jeremiah Nanai was 19 when he made his dynamic debut for the Cowboys

Young Talent not used is Talent wasted
I was thinking of Schuster when he came up to FG .Talent was there in 2021 when he was 19 but he was not ready physically to play second row and injuries was the result in 2022 .He is now 21 and looks ready physically for the contact this year . Hope Nanai can match his performances last year but I doubt it . Let's go Manly .

I was thinking of Schuster when he came up to FG .Talent was there in 2021 when he was 19 but he was not ready physically to play second row and injuries was the result in 2022 .He is now 21 and looks ready physically for the contact this year . Hope Nanai can match his performances last year but I doubt it . Let's go Manly .

More important than the physical is the mental ... Josh has undergone a sharp rise maturity, and it is showing.

At 19 Samuela may still be a boy ... or he may be a man already ... only those close to him on the coaching staff will know when he is ready ...

Best wishes to him and all the young guns ...

The Shue is physically a big body to handle anybody

Injures can also be a bad luck fall factor on the field

Nanai has the talent to dominate for years to come

Last edited:
Me too! This kid has a bit of Jamie Lyon about him. Always popping up at the right spot at the right time as well as a very strong defender. He will be a real leader at the tigers. Can’t believe we lost him
The West website doesn't even mention him as a Manly player, Under previous club- NIL. Nothing nadda.

they will claim him as a local junior hahahah as he played half a season as their SG Ball captain... Same with Fainu.

both in their first grade squad now and I have to say , Josh will be one we will really live to regret letting go. he is quick, can find teh line and looks solid in defence... also a born leader, basically excelled and won everything athletically possible in school

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4