The real "journalist" thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who was the journo who published an article saying that Des extended his contract with Manly on the morning of the day Des held his press conference to announce he'd signed with the Dogs?
From memory it was Adrian prezenka* (something like that) from the SMH.
I remember that and then found out later des had gone.
D*ckhead.
*if he can't get his sh*t together and get his story right I can't be bothered getting his name right.

From memory it was Adrian prezenka* (something like that) from the SMH.
I remember that and then found out later des had gone.
D*ckhead.
*if he can't get his sh*t together and get his story right I can't be bothered getting his name right.

I think you are right (about both his name and your assessment of him!).

On a lighter note, your post is good but why you gave us your precious time while doing work at the job. Anyhow, finally, found a good thread.

Only league journo with reading is Steve Mascord absolute top bloke too and found out over the off season that were 2nd cousins so that makes him an even better bloke lol

Only league journo with reading is Steve Mascord absolute top bloke too and found out over the off season that were 2nd cousins so that makes him an even better bloke lol

Funny but Mascord gets slammed a bit by the other wanker journo’s on Twitter.

I think they all know he doesn’t tow the company line!

I recently read some advice on how to quickly decide if an article is going to be worth reading.
Quickly scan the article for quotation marks. The less quotes it has the less of your time it should take up.

Courier Mail
Mal Meninga (I think)

DCE backflip is the reason for the broncos on field woes.

Gee, resident 'the australian' moron, Brent Read certainly had his little feelings hurt when recently a Manly official wouldn't allow a player to answer the 4 millionth question about Gladstone.

His latest article basically says Manly is an irrelevant club sinking fast that should be closed down as the central coast deserve a team.

That's the problem with sports 'journos'. They can dish it out but can't cop the meekest of push back.
Whilst our resident forum trolls will respond with 'he is spot on', to write a whole "Manly is a waste of space" article just because he wasn't allowed to continue digging up dirt with players shows how cowardly, precious, and agenda driven they are.
Yet Read has the audacity to ask who you'd take into the trenches from Manly? Read wouldn't even be fit to put on the uniform.

The epitome of "If you can't do or teach, write badly about sports."

Gee, resident 'the australian' moron, Brent Read certainly had his little feelings hurt when recently a Manly official wouldn't allow a player to answer the 4 millionth question about Gladstone.

His latest article basically says Manly is an irrelevant club sinking fast that should be closed down as the central coast deserve a team.

That's the problem with sports 'journos'. They can dish it out but can't cop the meekest of push back.
Whilst our resident forum trolls will respond with 'he is spot on', to write a whole "Manly is a waste of space" article just because he wasn't allowed to continue digging up dirt with players shows how cowardly, precious, and agenda driven they are.
Yet Read has the audacity to ask who you'd take into the trenches from Manly? Read wouldn't even be fit to put on the uniform.

The epitome of "If you can't do or teach, write badly about sports."
Featherweight journo poor Brent.
Greatest claim to fame would be being mistakenly recognised as Geoff 'Henry' Lawson, to which he would respond with a yes.
And he writes for the Australian.
The rag people really go to for their sporting news.
He sums up irrelevance.

Channel 7 journo Josh Massoud suspended after it was claimed he threatened to ‘slit colleague’s throat’ and "s**t down" his neck via @InSharpRelief https://t.co/MlitZoZQNq

What a low life trash of a person.

We shouldn't be surprised after he tweeted something like: "No, it's game on to go after Matai, he had his phone confiscated." Then did bugger all about it when it turned out to be false.

Hopefully any legal recourse is also 'game on' where this drop kick is concerned.

Grubby 'never were' bullies with delusions of grandeur.

Probably spell Brookie as Brooky!!!!

Not all that bad...probably, but anyway, I just wanted to dust off the thread.

The mole

Panthers v Sea Eagles
Panthers Stadium, Saturday, 3:00pm

The duel between rival playmakers Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly) and Nathan Cleary (Panthers) should be a beauty.

The Panthers need to make a statement here - they are without prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard for an extended period and were smashed by the Roosters last-up. But at home against a weakened Manly team, they should win well.

Moley’s first try scorer is Christian Crichton at $10 with Sportsbet, with Viliame Kikau the roughie at $19.

Irony? Karma? I'm not sure, but the recent decision by channel Nein to purchase fairfax and the resulting outcry by 'journos' has left me with a little tingle of happiness regardless of whether the acquisition is good for the freedom of the press in Australia.

So many innuendos and accusations that flowed from those poisonous pens of the fourth estate have now been turned to scribe lamentations of injustices and managerial indifference.

"We've hardly been thanked!" cried Kate McC when referring to an email from her higher ups, because a more than respectable salary for penning diatribes isn't enough.

When, predictably, the other mastheads of the gutter spewed out their doom and gloom opinions, the editor of the Australilame lept to fairfax's defence by, curiously ironically, using email saying that everything is a-ok and finishing by quoting SMH journo, David Crowe:

“The way the competition wishes us dead just makes me more inclined to keep kicking, thanks all the same.”

Yes, as many a falsely maligned player and or club has had to go on in the face of totally fabricated stories without the benefit of a national mouthpiece to voice their side.

It certainly reinforces their 'disher' mentality. Can dish it out, but can not take it.

Anyway, have a nice day. :)

I started my career at Fairfax as a copy boy in 1970. It was a marvellous family-orientated company. I worked there as a journalist until I was headhunted by The Australian to work as a sub-editor. I spent two years there without complaint; it was just the hours (2pm - 11pm) that made me seek a 9-5pm career in PR. Anyway, my days with Fairfax and News were the 'golden years' of journalism with no interference from advertisers, lobbyists and accountants. This was independent journalism where fact were checked and there was great accuracy in the reporting.
That has all changed. The media had virtually no filter now, and very little independence.
The Nine takeover of Fairfax will further erode any chance that what we read is not agenda-driven. It is a sad day for journalism, but it has been coming for a decade or more.

Anyone that has read a few of my posts will get the hint that I think most "sports journos" are a collection of intellectually challenged, cowardly, tribally aligned, agenda driven editor puppets and I roll out another example at just how...they operate.

Listening to Marty's interview this week...I think it is D Weirdler (sp) standing off to Marty's right (not 100% sure) but the question contained a usual subtle dig.

Something like: It was heartbreaking for the few fans that did turn up, wouldn't you concede?

It's just a gutless pathetic childish way to structure questions, totally unprofessional. Marty does better than I would by just answering it. I'd probably turn away and say 'next question'. I don't even mind if they ask about the numbers, but don't try and get an invite to your editors special journo circle jerk by being a total ****.

The other nuffie standing on Marty's other side asked:

Last time you were up here we asked questions about your future, anything new to report? Ah ha Ah ha Ah ha.. look I'm laughing, aren't we great mates, ah ha ha ha aren't I totally funny so c'mon best mate, answer my amazingly original question that hasn't been asked before. Ah ha ha ha.

FMD, if this is the standard of sports journos, then being bought out by that other testament to mediocrity is all they deserve.

Sports journo studies @ NRL Journo school.

(Don't click - language)

If you think sports journos are bad, how do you rate 'Royal Watchers' journos who can't do a report without describing the attire of any female Royal and the dress designer!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2