The race for the top 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Already looks like the top 4 are guaranteed a finals spot and the bottom 5 are out of the running. 7 teams are competing for 4 top 8 spots. I've broken down the games remaining for the middle 7 into; Top 4/Middle 7/Bottom 5.
Bunnies 4/2/2
Broncos 1/5/3
Parra 2/4/3
Manly 1/4/3
Dragons 2/5/2
Roosters 2/4/2
Raiders 2/2/4

Broncs and Parra are very likely to make it given they are 2 points ahead with an extra game in hand and relatively easy draws

Bunnies have by far the toughest draw.

Manly and Raiders have the most favourable draws.

My biggest takeaway is how important our games against Dragons, Roosters and Raiders will be.

Yep it will be an interesting finish to see where teams finish.
There will be the usual upsets and also a couple of teams will slump and a couple will gain real momentum....Manly have shown the ability bar is pretty much in that 5th - 8th range atm.
I think Penrith are clear standouts, the Melbourne machine will roll on again soon and the Sharks/Cows are pretty set as Top 4 contenders....as for the rest, well that's the interesting part, particularly with Manly in that bunch.

We needed to win the Cowboys game to have a more realistic chance of top 4 but good signs from the team so far, if we clean up the last 10 minutes of our matches and maintain our form we can go all the way.

We needed to win the Cowboys game to have a more realistic chance of top 4 but good signs from the team so far, if we clean up the last 10 minutes of our matches and maintain our form we can go all the way.
That Cowboys game still hurts, if we win that and the Parra game we would be 2 points behind 2nd/3rd/4th. Just goes to show how seasons can hinge on tiny moments, save 2 tries and we would be a genuine shot at top 4. Instead we are battling to make the 8.

Already looks like the top 4 are guaranteed a finals spot and the bottom 5 are out of the running. 7 teams are competing for 4 top 8 spots. I've broken down the games remaining for the middle 7 into; Top 4/Middle 7/Bottom 5.
Bunnies 4/2/2
Broncos 1/5/3
Parra 2/4/3
Manly 1/4/3
Dragons 2/5/2
Roosters 2/4/2
Raiders 2/2/4

Broncs and Parra are very likely to make it given they are 2 points ahead with an extra game in hand and relatively easy draws

Bunnies have by far the toughest draw.

Manly and Raiders have the most favourable draws.

My biggest takeaway is how important our games against Dragons, Roosters and Raiders will be.

Yep, beat the teams around you ( that is the ones battling with your spot ) and all should be good.

We should've had 6 wins from our last 7. The Cumstain robbery and the awful capitulation to the Cows aside we are playing some great attacking football. We have to break the Kogarah hoodo which will be tough then it's 3 big home games against Rorters, scumatta and gummies. Destiny is in our hands here.

We should've had 6 wins from our last 7. The Cumstain robbery and the awful capitulation to the Cows aside we are playing some great attacking football. We have to break the Kogarah hoodo which will be tough then it's 3 big home games against Rorters, scumatta and gummies. Destiny is in our hands here.
I think we are on a roll , confidence is obviously sky high.

Anything is possible

No unfortunately, win all our games and we finish on 34 points, that’s a big ask in itself, think the Storm or Sharks or both will finish 4th with 36 points.
Make you realise how important every game is,
South’s (Lawton send off cost us)
Parra (Cumstain robbed us)
Cows (Tragic finish, our fault)
Sharks (first half-Harper)
Win 2 or more of those games and we we’re definitely in with a shot at a top 4 finish.
Finishing 5th or 6th to earn a home final would be a good result.

No unfortunately, win all our games and we finish on 34 points, that’s a big ask in itself, think the Storm or Sharks or both will finish 4th with 36 points.
Make you realise how important every game is,
South’s (Lawton send off cost us)
Parra (Cumstain robbed us)
Cows (Tragic finish, our fault)
Sharks (first half-Harper)
Win 2 or more of those games and we we’re definitely in with a shot at a top 4 finish.
Finishing 5th or 6th to earn a home final would be a good result.
Good analysis. I would take a home final 5th or 6th finish for sure.

Raiders winning 3 teams behind us by 2 points.

Next 2 games dragons and roosters is our season.

Win both we go 2 games clear of both teams.

These next 2 weeks are mini finals each week

Raiders have a very easy draw.

So glad storm lost , they won't make a dent in the finals the way they are playing.

Last edited:
Would take a lot of results to go our way BUT a lot of the teams in the 4-7 spots play each other in the run home - which gives us a shot...

The really hard bit is winning our way in with the next 3 weeks being Dragqueens (historically our bogey side), Rorters (beat us R2) and Squeels (beat us R11) who are all playing for their survival (alright, Squeels probs play finals regardless but will have Donkeys and Riff between now and then so it is possible that us winning could put them on the precipice of missing out)...

Looking like we’re heading for a top 8 spot by season’s end. Will be sweet to beat bogey side St George this week to keep us on track.

Would love to get a crack at beating the Broncos in the finals to avenge that **** loss earlier this year

I have us finishing 8th, although there is a possibility Souffs will stumble given that they have such a tough draw. I think Easts will come 9th, which would be the first time in many years that they miss out on making the finals.

Very simple, win the next 4 and play semi final footy. The 2 that are more difficult we play at home so very achievable.
The lads starting to find their grove!

I think the Roosters are going to be very hard to hold out of a top 8 Spot even with the injuries they are getting. I'm not convinced we'll make the 8 necessarily but we've given ourselves a decent chance over the past few weeks. We still have some holes in our game but pleasantly surprised these last bunch of games the effort has remained.

I've got us 7th to 9th

I am watching the Storm...no Pap is a massive blow to them.

Not sure of their draw but can see them slipping out of the 4. It is a real shame Turbo got injured this year as the top 4 (bar panthers) feels a heap weaker than previous years

Amended the list after this weeks games. Included Melbourne in the middle group after 3 straight losses they are now on even points with Parra and Broncos. I've put them in order from easiest to hardest draw.

Top 3/middle 8/bottom 5
Raiders - 1/2/4
Broncos - 0/5/2
Roosters - 1/4/2
Manly - 1/4/2
Storm - 1/4/2
Parra - 1/5/1
Dragons - 2/3/2
Bunnies - 3/3/1

I think the Roosters are going to be very hard to hold out of a top 8 Spot even with the injuries they are getting. I'm not convinced we'll make the 8 necessarily but we've given ourselves a decent chance over the past few weeks. We still have some holes in our game but pleasantly surprised these last bunch of games the effort has remained.

I've got us 7th to 9th
Put it this way, we won’t finish last - which one of the more notable ‘half glass empty/doomsayer’ types on here was predicting not that many weeks ago.

He hasn’t been heard from for awhile. He might be back in action after our next loss.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4