The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did you miss the part where I said Suli would still be on the injured list? Its the same injury that kept him out of the last few rounds of this year that is expected to keep him sidelined for the first few weeks of 2021.

If he wasn't injured then yes he would likely be there ahead of Parker.
Ah apologies mate my bad. Rushed the read, tough to get through all the posts in detail when catching up.

This seems absolutely ridiculous... every half from every team would be on more than 400k bar maybe foran now, Flanagan and one or two rookies. Halves worth 800k and above.. Ash Taylor, keary (maybe it is roosters) Moses, Morgan, Norman, hunt, Johnson, Milford, dce, Pearce, Josh Reynolds, foran, Cleary, munster, probably cody walker. Then you have all the others like Dylan brown, luai, Hughes, croft, Dylan walker, green, adam reynolds, brooks etc. I'll save everyone's time by not rattling off the list of million dollar fullbacks. They must have only checked the roosters figures or more than likely not checked at all
It would be because every team has a backup halfback on bottom contract (think 105k - 200k).

SEA EAGLES

2020 squad: Morgan Boyle (2021), Daly Cherry-Evans (2023), Lachlan Croker (2021), Cade Cust (2022), Kieran Foran (2021), Manase Fainu (2023), Addin Fonua-Blake (2022), Tevita Funa (2021), Reuben Garrick (2021), Jack Gosiewski (2021), Morgan Harper (2022), Albert Hopoate (2020), Sean Keppie (2023), Luke Metcalf (2020), Haumole Olakau’ata (2021, CO 22), Brad Parker (2021), Taniela Paseka (2021), Josh Schuster (2021), Toafofoa Sipley (2021), Curtis Sironen (2021), Samuel Smith (2020), Moses Suli (2020), Jorge Taufua (2021), Martin Taupau (2022), Jake Trbojevic (2026), Tom Trbojevic (2026), Dylan Walker (2021)

2021 gains: Kieran Foran (from Bulldogs until 2021), Andrew Davey (from Eels until 2022)

2021 losses: Joel Thompson (St Helens), Corey Waddell (Bulldogs), Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors), Danny Levi, Brendan Elliott, Tony Williams (all unsigned)

Coach: Des Hasler (2021)

Last edited:

SEA EAGLES

2020 squad: Morgan Boyle (2021), Daly Cherry-Evans (2023), Lachlan Croker (2021), Cade Cust (2022), Kieran Foran (2021), Manase Fainu (2023), Addin Fonua-Blake (2022), Tevita Funa (2021), Reuben Garrick (2021), Jack Gosiewski (2021), Morgan Harper (2022), Albert Hopoate (2020), Sean Keppie (2023), Luke Metcalf (2020), Haumole Olakau’ata (2021, CO 22), Brad Parker (2021), Taniela Paseka (2021), Josh Schuster (2021), Toafofoa Sipley (2021), Curtis Sironen (2021), Samuel Smith (2020), Moses Suli (2020), Jorge Taufua (2021), Martin Taupau (2022), Jake Trbojevic (2026), Tom Trbojevic (2026), Dylan Walker (2021)

2021 gains: Kieran Foran (from Bulldogs until 2021), Andrew Davey (from Eels until 2022)

2021 losses: Joel Thompson (St Helens), Corey Waddell (Bulldogs), Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors), Danny Levi, Brendan Elliott, Tony Williams (all unsigned)

Coach: Des Hasler (2021)

According to that, Albert Hopoate, Luke Metcalf, Samuel Smith and Moses Suli are going to be off contract at the end of this season.
I'm glad Morgan Boyle signing with the dogs was a misunderstanding. Probably a little against popular opinion I still think he is a solid forward with some potential.Always seems to try hard and has a great performance or two in him every now and then. Didn't get many chances this year but I think he still is worth keeping.

Also, Sam Smith was released mid-season.

This seems absolutely ridiculous... every half from every team would be on more than 400k bar maybe foran now, Flanagan and one or two rookies. Halves worth 800k and above.. Ash Taylor, keary (maybe it is roosters) Moses, Morgan, Norman, hunt, Johnson, Milford, dce, Pearce, Josh Reynolds, foran, Cleary, munster, probably cody walker. Then you have all the others like Dylan brown, luai, Hughes, croft, Dylan walker, green, adam reynolds, brooks etc. I'll save everyone's time by not rattling off the list of million dollar fullbacks. They must have only checked the roosters figures or more than likely not checked at all
Lino, Jacks, Croker Hutchinson, Field, Williams, Cogger, Wakeham, Gamble, O'Sullivan, Clune, Keighran etc etc etc

I was thinking of Ruben Wiki. He started out as a winger and centre for Canberra and ended up a champion prop for the Worriors and NZ.

You're really going to compare Jorge to Ruben Wiki?

I know he never played for Manly, but if Wiki was in his prime today and whichever club he was at offered him to us because they wanted Jorge ... I'd help Jorge pack.

Back in the 90s, Ruben Wiki was one of the very few Kiwi test players who would have just about been a walk up start for a Kangaroos spot if he was eligible. Jorge is lucky to be a walk up start in a club team that finished 13th out of 16.

For mine, Jorge Taufua is far too lazy to be a forward and frankly I'd question his fitness even coming off the bench as a back rower. Hell, half the time he's too lazy to even be a winger.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong at all about Jorge, I do like him and over the years he has been a handy player for us who does know how to score tries. But the reality is that these days he is more a liability than an asset.

I could go on and on about why I think he's a liability, even almost out of sight out on the wing, but I think most here already know why. His deficiencies in things like pace, handling, urgency and defence are well documented in these pages.

TBH if Jorge was going to be converted into being a forward, it should have happened 5 years ago. That ship has now sailed IMO.

In a way he's kinda like Chris Close was to us back in 1987. A good player in his time, but that time had caught up to him and his best days were but a memory.

Don't get me wrong at all about Jorge, I do like him and over the years he has been a handy player for us who does know how to score tries. But the reality is that these days he is more a liability than an asset.

I could go on and on about why I think he's a liability, even almost out of sight out on the wing, but I think most here already know why. His deficiencies in things like pace, handling, urgency and defence are well documented in these pages.

TBH if Jorge was going to be converted into being a forward, it should have happened 5 years ago. That ship has now sailed IMO.

In a way he's kinda like Chris Close was to us back in 1987. A good player in his time, but that time had caught up to him and his best days were but a memory.
It’s probably been noticeable for a few seasons but it really hit home last night watching the Storms wingers,JAC and Vunivalu,that exceptionally fast wingers are just as valuable in defence as they are in attack.The Storm outside backs were caught out a couple of times last night,obviously not to the extent that Manly’s does(especially when DCE rushes up)but the centres and wingers are so fast that any advantage the Raiders had, disappeared very quickly

It’s probably been noticeable for a few seasons but it really hit home last night watching the Storms wingers,JAC and Vunivalu,that exceptionally fast wingers are just as valuable in defence as they are in attack.The Storm outside backs were caught out a couple of times last night,obviously not to the extent that Manly’s does(especially when DCE rushes up)but the centres and wingers are so fast that any advantage the Raiders had, disappeared very quickly

The only winger of any genuine pace we currently have is Reuben Garrick. And this year we hardly ever used that to our advantage. He's one of the I'd say top 10 for pace on the wing in the NRL right now, but he rarely saw the ball in open space. When he did it was beautiful, but it was a rare thing.

And despite knowing and lamenting that we have no speed on the wings outside of Reubs, most want him gone. Go figure?

I still remember the game against Penrith late this season. At one point Josh Mansour made a break on his own 30. Despite giving him a 10 metre start, Reubs had him by our 40. He made up that 10 metres in just 30 on a former rep winger. The only other player in our squad who could have done that was Turbo. None of our other wingers or centres would have gotten within a bulls roar of Mansour.

So with the addition of Davey and Foz.
Possible signings of Garner, Saab and Schneider there is probably not much more to look forward to unless we offload someone on decent coin.
With Roosters trying to offload Flanagan maybe they won't have to squeeze Tupouniua out anymore??? If not Tupouniua, I reckon we are still a prop short.
Then a decision to be made around Hoppa, keep him? Or sign someone else?

So with the addition of Davey and Foz.
Possible signings of Garner, Saab and Schneider there is probably not much more to look forward to unless we offload someone on decent coin.
With Roosters trying to offload Flanagan maybe they won't have to squeeze Tupouniua out anymore??? If not Tupouniua, I reckon we are still a prop short.
Then a decision to be made around Hoppa, keep him? Or sign someone else?
Don't think we are top 8 material next year!!

We may be up there for a period but we just won't be able to sustain it for the whole season.

We are as you said a few signings short if the above list is all we get.

Will all depend on injuries to key players and whether players such as Harper, Schuster, Funa etc continue developing.
Tom plays 26 games we’ll be up there !!

Tom plays his expected 4 games and we’ll be in the hunt for our first spoon.

Sad but true !!

PS: this is based on the current squad with only the two additions , but as we know things can change.

Tom plays 26 games we’ll be up there !!

Tom plays his expected 4 games and we’ll be in the hunt for our first spoon.

Sad but true !!

PS: this is based on the current squad with only the two additions , but as we know things can change.
I agree Tom plays majority of season we will be playing finals but just can't see his body lasting a full season.

Dce doesn’t rush up. He moves at a good pace, but the rest of the defensive line are sloths.

Dce doesn’t rush up. He moves at a good pace, but the rest of the defensive line are sloths.
Problem is he rushes up and in and is often caught standing in front of Siro. The whole rushing up and in is a flawed tactic nowadays. Storm had Raiders beat all night last night cos Raiders persisted on rushing in.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4