The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can’t compare Parker to Terry Randall!
just sayin’

I agree with you Tragic. I guess you cant compare anyone to the great Igor. But love to see a few extra kilo's on Parker and see how he goes on the bench covering both 2nd row and backline. Barring injuries I don't see him getting many games in the centres and way too slow for wing. I think we might surprise a few folks.

I agree with you Tragic. I guess you cant compare anyone to the great Igor. But love to see a few extra kilo's on Parker and see how he goes on the bench covering both 2nd row and backline. Barring injuries I don't see him getting many games in the centres and way too slow for wing. I think we might surprise a few folks.
I agree that testing Parker as a backrower is feasible. He doesn't have the pace or skill to be a top centre, but he is a good defender and a real trier. He is a good build for a backrower and bigger than Cam Murray and Victor Radley. IMO it's worth a try or else as a centre he will be playing more reserve grade than fist grade.

I agree that testing Parker as a backrower is feasible. He doesn't have the pace or skill to be a top centre, but he is a good defender and a real trier. He is a good build for a backrower and bigger than Cam Murray and Victor Radley. IMO it's worth a try or else as a centre he will be playing more reserve grade than fist grade.
I've got a great idea, instead of trying to manufacture Parker into a second rower, which may have a doubtful end result, why don't we just get rid of him and look for a promising second rower, like Panthers did with Kikau?, just saying.
Radley and Murray are smaller than Parker, but have an intangible factor about them, it's called ability, you can't manufacture that.
Is it because he's a local product that we are trying hard to accommodate him?

I've got a great idea, instead of trying to manufacture Parker into a second rower, which may have a doubtful end result, why don't we just get rid of him and look for a promising second rower, like Panthers did with Kikau?, just saying.
Radley and Murray are smaller than Parker, but have an intangible factor about them, it's called ability, you can't manufacture that.
Yes, I think that as a loyal local junior he deserves more 'love' than the blow-ins. I've always believed he tried hard, and rather than consign him to the scrap heap as you suggest shouldn't all other options be explored to see if he can become a good first grade player?
I also think that the club should try to re-purpose Jorge as a forward -- even as a prop. It has been achieved successfully before.

I think Parker runs good attacking lines and is a great defender nowadays (especially one on one). If he could work as a second-rower he'd provide a point of difference in his style I feel. It could really pay off if he becomes a sharp, running second-rower that bursts into holes. It's all about innovating and I think the second-rower position is going through an ideas period

The waiting is a pain in the arse but I guess we’ll know in full within 4-6 weeks as you imagine they’ll have to be all training again by then at the latest.

I think they have to have 6 weeks holiday so our team that are not being #PURGED will be back training in November with only the QLD captain and Jake given extra time.

So really any new players would have to be announced by early December at the latest.

The waiting is a pain in the arse but I guess we’ll know in full within 4-6 weeks as you imagine they’ll have to be all training again by then at the latest.

I think they have to have 6 weeks holiday so our team that are not being #PURGED will be back training in November with only the QLD captain and Jake given extra time.

So really any new players would have to be announced by early December at the latest.
#4-6weeks

Didn't want to start a new thread and thought the following was best related to the #purge and particularly the consequential #splurge.

Fox have just published an article where they disclose what the average salary per position is. The most interesting stat being that hooker is the second lowest paid (on average) position across the comp.

Average salaries by position in NRL

1. Fullback $405,721

2. Five-Eighth $393,815

3. Halfback $372,599

4. Prop $319,217

5. Lock $317,207

6. Back Row $304,933

7. Centre $302,660

8. Hooker $284,090

9. Winger $221,076

Didn't want to start a new thread and thought the following was best related to the #purge and particularly the consequential #splurge.

Fox have just published an article where they disclose what the average salary per position is. The most interesting stat being that hooker is the second lowest paid (on average) position across the comp.

Average salaries by position in NRL

1. Fullback $405,721

2. Five-Eighth $393,815

3. Halfback $372,599

4. Prop $319,217

5. Lock $317,207

6. Back Row $304,933

7. Centre $302,660

8. Hooker $284,090

9. Winger $221,076

This seems absolutely ridiculous... every half from every team would be on more than 400k bar maybe foran now, Flanagan and one or two rookies. Halves worth 800k and above.. Ash Taylor, keary (maybe it is roosters) Moses, Morgan, Norman, hunt, Johnson, Milford, dce, Pearce, Josh Reynolds, foran, Cleary, munster, probably cody walker. Then you have all the others like Dylan brown, luai, Hughes, croft, Dylan walker, green, adam reynolds, brooks etc. I'll save everyone's time by not rattling off the list of million dollar fullbacks. They must have only checked the roosters figures or more than likely not checked at all

This seems absolutely ridiculous... every half from every team would be on more than 400k bar maybe foran now, Flanagan and one or two rookies. Halves worth 800k and above.. Ash Taylor, keary (maybe it is roosters) Moses, Morgan, Norman, hunt, Johnson, Milford, dce, Pearce, Josh Reynolds, foran, Cleary, munster, probably cody walker. Then you have all the others like Dylan brown, luai, Hughes, croft, Dylan walker, green, adam reynolds, brooks etc. I'll save everyone's time by not rattling off the list of million dollar fullbacks. They must have only checked the roosters figures or more than likely not checked at all
That was my initial reaction too. But it is the average, so it will take into account the players who are on min wage but play those positions.

I think the NRL have plucked that information out of the Roosters accountant’s arse because that would be so far off the mark it wouldn’t be funny !!

I think that's because there are so many young guys playing the role and the top ones are the older crew. Smith is on $1M, Hodgson would be on a big packet, and Cook is on a reported $4.5M over 5 years.

Last edited:
That was my initial reaction too. But it is the average, so it will take into account the players who are on min wage but play those positions.
Yeah true good point I guess if they're counting depth all the way through the squad. What do we think our halves are worth based on 2020?
My probably wrong estimations are
Dce - 1.25
Walker - 450k
Cust - 350ish
Croker - 300
Schuster - 350ish
Metcalf??
Even conservatively we are around the 2.5 mil plus mark without Metcalf so about 500k average and we are overly invested in dce. Add foran on unders for next year but increase walkers salary by the 200k its reportedly supposed to go up by and it's probably pretty similar.
On the whole, I think I may stand corrected...

Averages don't tell the story - at any given club there is 1 half on 1M, 1 back up half on 380, and a third one in the top 30 on 180 - lo and behold the average is 500k!!!

Look in the article at the number of players in the position per club, that tells the story.

It is an article that is aimed at people with low numeracy skills.

Averages don't tell the story - at any given club there is 1 half on 1M, 1 back up half on 380, and a third one in the top 30 on 180 - lo and behold the average is 500k!!!

Look in the article at the number of players in the position per club, that tells the story.

It is an article that is aimed at people with low numeracy skills.

Yes it is averages at each club which is meaningless it should be averages of each designated fullback for each club divided by 16!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4