The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I totally understand her reasoning. A fair number of posters on here get very carried away when mixing their emotion with their opinion.

A while back someone here said a horrible remark about Brian Kelly when Kels was trying his guts out for us. It still bugs me. Kels did us proud at a time when our club was a mess on and off the field. He also had very successful appearances in the NSW U18’s side and I reckon his team will finish somewhere between 5-8 next year. I reckon our side will also finish somewhere between 5-8 next year as well

Indeed.
He was described as a cancer on the side, if I recall correctly.

Hey fellas , can we get back to the #PURGE

One I’m not sure about is Tafua.

Personally I think whilst he’s a mini legend his days are past and I think the club should try and medically retire him , thoughts ???

Hate to be so disposable of our legend Tafua but it really is time to go to the UK. Despite the discount we get for a long serving player, I still don’t think it would be worthy of a position in our squad in this day and age. Funa has to be the man that takes that wing from 2021 moving forward.

Personally I think whilst he’s a mini legend his days are past and I think the club should try and medically retire him , thoughts ???
No club should ever 'try' to medically retire a player.
The idea surely is, if a player is hurt and the medical report says it is a new injury and it's impossible to fully recover from, and will prevent the player from ever doing the job again... then that should be signed off as medical retirement.
Shouldn't just be a tactic to get cap relief for players you just want to drop from first grade, due to poor form related to getting older!
(although like everything else the system is probably corrupt and abused, so, yada yada) :)

The idea surely is, if a player is hurt and the medical report says it is a new injury and it's impossible to fully recover from, and will prevent the player from ever doing the job again... then that should be signed off as medical retirement.
Shouldn't just be a tactic to get cap relief for players you just want to drop from first grade, due to poor form related to getting older!
(although like everything else the system is probably corrupt and abused, so, yada yada) :)
Ah the South Sydney Rabbitohs say hello !!!

Hey fellas , can we get back to the #PURGE

Mark come on...PURGE. Did you watch the Souths I could not see Jorge scoring any of those tries out wide. Lovin' this title by the way, Purge! Very appropriate

Had enough? Well that's fine. Like I said, you can choose to disprove or bag out DCE and my opinions, just keep it civil bud, no need to rant on that I have a love fest for DCE , just because I support the captain of the club I love, no need to call me a pussy. Got nothing against you personally, except when you make it personal. Anyone, I'm fine to move on, its only a forum. We both support the same bloody side and want them to have success. Fair?
Simon.....just leave it mate. Never win with the experts!

Well when we actually do have career ending injuries they don’t grant them to us anyway

Do you mean like Sam Burgess Mark?

I love watching Tafua play but I dont ever get the feeling that he is going to get us over the line. I could get more excited with wingers with speed and that take bombs with confidence. We have so many options for that spot. There are centres that will not make the 2 spots available that can slot in on the winger. If we can only have 28 on the main books it seems a waste. When Jorge is out I do not see that as a real bad loss but an opportunity for someone else.

Well when we actually do have career ending injuries they don’t grant them to us anyway
If you mean Matai and Snake, they both had a long history of pre-existing injuries before signing their last contracts so not really a surprise that they were knocked back.
However. Watmough and Gillett were in the same boat, yet miraculously their clubs were given the cap relief.
Ditto Burgess, if it turns out he is fit enough to play next year, then all that means is he was unfit this year, so still should have been on Souths cap all year. The same as happens with all other players who miss a season through injury. Such as Jack Bird, etc etc
The perception is blatant favoured treatment for certain clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4