The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is an Australian and Qld half back!
Hasn't Ben Hunt played half and hooker for Qld and Australia?

At least St Merge understand that each player needs to wear the number that is most beneficial to THE TEAM.

Is this a business or is it a love fest?

You and Mr Myers obviously think it is a love fest.

If a player won't wear the number that is most beneficial to the team he should leave. Many better players for our club than DCE accepted positional changes for the good of the team. DCE should be used where he most useful or plss off.

The club and a lot of guys here need to understand how to create success, they are living in the dark ages, not 2020+. What a bunch of emotional, un-business-minded pussies.

Last edited:
Err....

I'm not sure if Des has even asked dce to play at hooker?

So to say dce is screwing Manly up by not playing in a different position is a bit unfair.

Unless I got it wrong and the inference is that if any player does reject playing in a different position for the good of the team then they are... what was it... " a bunch of emotional, un-business-minded etc's..."

If that's the case, apologies, and carry on.

I’ve always thought DCE would make a great number 9. He can also withstand the defensive pressure that role brings.

I don’t understand people shooting the idea down. It’s the same people that say “turbo isn’t a centre” when he clearly plays well there in his rep matches.

I’ve always thought DCE would make a great number 9. He can also withstand the defensive pressure that role brings.

I don’t understand people shooting the idea down. It’s the same people that say “turbo isn’t a centre” when he clearly plays well there in his rep matches.
Because you don’t pay a million for players to play in those positions for a start

Haha, is that a rhetorical question?
Funny, I can think of a player who has been hammered from pillar to post for supposedly treating it like a business.
So can I get this straight? The players have to treat it like a business when they are at work, yet when negotiating contracts they should display loyalty and love for the jumper and the club, and when at work at the end of a losing game they must show their distress and shame for letting down the club they love and love and love.
Sure why not!

Haha, is that a rhetorical question?
Funny, I can think of a player who has been hammered from pillar to post for supposedly treating it like a business.
So can I get this straight? The players have to treat it like a business when they are at work, yet when negotiating contracts they should display loyalty and love for the jumper and the club, and when at work at the end of a losing game they must show their distress and shame for letting down the club they love and love and love.
Sure why not!
Well.......yeah

Cameron Smith?
You’re talking about one of the best players of all time and if you moved DCE to there he wouldn’t have the same influence Smith does
DCE is not worth the money he’s on playing his preferred position at halfback so why change him to a spot he’s not familiar with?As for TomT at centre,it restricts his involvement and impact by playing there and it means a more important/valuable position like fullback is occupied by someone the club can only offer peanuts to.So in effect,the club would have a Brendan Elliott type player at FB and TomT in the centres

When given the reins and cheque book at Manly .. Dessie put together a dual Premiership winning roster .. Scorecard - 99/100 .. a point deducted for the haircut ..

When given the reins and cheque book at Bulldoggies ... Dessie put together a wooden spoon roster .. Scorecard - 1/100 .. a point given for the tenacity to stick with the same haircut ...

So, purge all you like ... I just hope he returns to his early days as far as building a squad ..
When given the dogs he made 5 from 6 finals series. 2 GF appearances. 1 minor premiership and a healthy win percentage. When you say he put together a woddern spoon roster he was actually sidelined 18 months before he was sacked in that department when the board fired Crusher and most of His back room staff.
But hey don't let the factual truth get in the way of a good story.

Peats has put his house up for sale on the Gold Coast... where is he moving? Manly for a 1 year swansong?
Nooo
In my personal opinion.....

Signing Kieran Foran to play dummy half would be the dumbest thing since America voted Trump as President. If we're going to sign him then it should be so he can reunite with Cherry in the halves.

We need a proper hooker / dummy half, not another converted 5/8.
He is an Australian and Qld half back!

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those positions is taken by someone else.

When given the dogs he made 5 from 6 finals series. 2 GF appearances. 1 minor premiership and a healthy win percentage. When you say he put together a woddern spoon roster he was actually sidelined 18 months before he was sacked in that department when the board fired Crusher and most of His back room staff.
But hey don't let the factual truth get in the way of a good story.

And don't allow your interpretation to gloss over reality ... he wasn't sacked because of his stellar performance ... and to say he was sidelined from recruitment decisions sounds more like a fantasy of your own design ... I think it was a curbing of his football dept. spending ... not his power as coach that was targeted ...

And again .... I am not anti Des .... was happy he returned .... am happy he is still here ... but realistically he needs some success soon to prove he is still the man ...

Hasn't Ben Hunt played half and hooker for Qld and Australia?

At least St Merge understand that each player needs to wear the number that is most beneficial to THE TEAM.

You and Mr Myers obviously think it is a love fest.

If a player won't wear the number that is most beneficial to the team he should leave. Many better players for our club than DCE accepted positional changes for the good of the team. DCE should be used where he most useful or plss off.

The club and a lot of guys here need to understand how to create success, they are living in the dark ages, not 2020+. What a bunch of emotional, un-business-minded pussies.
What makes you such an expert? You coached an NRL side, you ever played the game? Like to see you walk up to the team and call them pussies to their face. I would love to play a game against you, then we will see who is calling someone a pussy.

i dont have a love fest for DCE, im a fan but also a big fan of marty, the turbos etc. I just dont agree with some of the posts directed towards DCE and put forward my argument. Not saying Im always right, just my opinion. Some of the stuff you post just sounds stupid. You are having a go at DCE calling him a pussy and should piss off if he doesn't wear the 9 - yet no one has asked him and no one will. You stated the other day if we had a fit Turbo and Walker any avg half would win us the comp, and a player like keary would not need any good players around him - yet why did Roosters go out and buy Cronk for a million? They already had keary and a gun side? Why buy cronk to play along side keary? Then you mention Cleary, well what has we won? He hasn't even played in a grandfinal or major semi? You come out with ludacris posts and then when people ask you to support your rants you dont come back with any thing except stuff like I have a love fest with DCE and the club and posters on here are pussies. Mate, you sound like a drop kick.

Last edited:
And don't allow your interpretation to gloss over reality ... he wasn't sacked because of his stellar performance ... and to say he was sidelined from recruitment decisions sounds more like a fantasy of your own design ... I think it was a curbing of his football dept. spending ... not his power as coach that was targeted ...

And again .... I am not anti Des .... was happy he returned .... am happy he is still here ... but realistically he needs some success soon to prove he is still the man ...
5 finals appearances in six years and 2 Grand finals are the facts. That is Dessie's performance record at the Dogs. His success last season ( a normal season) is testimony of the fact that he can still coach. Plenty of other unproven coaches will be under a lot more pressure come round one next year. 2021 is going to be a lot of fun on multiple levels.

5 finals appearances in six years and 2 Grand finals are the facts. That is Dessie's performance record at the Dogs. His success last season ( a normal season) is testimony of the fact that he can still coach. Plenty of other unproven coaches will be under a lot more pressure come round one next year. 2021 is going to be a lot of fun on multiple levels.

So they sacked him for being successful ....

At least next weekend is a holiday ... you can take some time off from being a goose ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4