The pride jersey round.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that shows the problem with your thinking in a nutshell, my responses don't come from the angle of "trying to change other peoples views" i am merely stating how i see things and don't expect or care to change others.

I share my views out of "respect" to offering a different point of view---- it is the exchange of views and respecting all views that makes the world a great place to live in and learn from

We are all entitled to represent our views, that is the point......
I like how you dance over being called out for insults.

This

Is

Going

Nowhere

For the last time your views have consequences. Express them if you wish but just like your views on mental health words have consequences

And you have the stats available of who are my "few fans" and who hate my content.

I'm sure i have few fans in relation to this topic that is for sure if you want to poll from that perspective to favour your biases and stroke your ego, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

What makes you think you have a higher fan appeal to me in relation to the overall content contributed to this site or views and clicks generated to Silvertails over the years.

See the above is an arrogant tosser statement but your attitude encourages such responses to the point they feel warranted.
I cannot speak for anyone else but Ser did more work as a mod which would far outweigh any clicks or posts

High praise from you.

What a shame that people need to drop into insults. Numb nuts, salad munchers and what ever other names are thrown around add nothing to the conversation or tone of the joint.

What is the point of discussing the topic anymore? You have your view and I have mine. I do not agree with your view and you do not agree with mine.

We have both posted content and ideas that neither have agreed with. Do we really need to keep going on about it? I have zero expectation that you will change your views based on what I post so what is the point for here?
Obvious insults probably deserve more respect than "passive aggressive" ones in "some" instances, at least such people are not hiding.

It's not ok to make a polite style "tosser" reference with a reason why such a term was required in a mature reasoning manner but it is ok for others to continously use video insults via memes in a consistent lazy confrontational manner.

Yeah you really do have moderation qualities----not.

Obvious insults probably deserve more respect than "passive aggressive" ones in "some" instances, at least such people are not hiding.

It's not ok to make a polite style "tosser" reference with a reason why such a term was required in a mature reasoning manner but it is ok for others to continously use video insults via memes in a consistent lazy confrontational manner.

Yeah you really do have moderation qualities----not.
If you have an issue with a post report it. Not sure which posts you are referring to

Also always love a mod jab, shame that was not one

If you have an issue with a post report it. Not sure which posts you are referring to

Also always love a mod jab, shame that was not one
He is referring to some of my posts, mate. I have removed the "highly offensive" :rofl: memes that our esteemed (and easily offended) Ex-NRL Assistant Coach was probably referencing. I will be more circumspect in the future with my use of such memes. Mea Culpa

Sorry Anna Castillo GIF by Movistar Plus+

Last edited:
Is being anti-gay a sin?
"
To condemn someone like this is a sin,' Francis said.

'Criminalising people with homosexual tendencies is an injustice.'

He added: 'People with homosexual tendencies are children of God. God loves them. God accompanies them.'"

SER8 you exchange jibes, insults even go as far as to make up untrue claims about other posters. For example you accused me of reposting antivaxxer materials on this site. This as you know did not happen.
Here is your post which I have previously brought to your attention yet for some reason you’ve continued to pretend it doesn’t exist. You repeated Paulin Hanson’s anti-vaxx claim

1675631321361.png

It was a false claim

1675631419142.png

I can admit I have directed insults at others where I feel they have done the same to me. I also feel I have had some productive discussions with others

We have started productive discussion a few times but you've always pulled the pin, citing some excuse or other

Here is your post which I have previously brought to your attention yet for some reason you’ve continued to pretend it doesn’t exist. You repeated Paulin Hanson’s anti-vaxx claim
Seriously mate, this is embarrassingly pathetic. My post relates to people having the right to choose whether they take the vaccine or not. Nothing more. It has no relation to the antivax movement where they do the opposite. They make up lies to convince people not to take the vaccine.In other words interfere with peoples decision making process.I am completely against this no matter where it comes from…
How you have connected this to something Pauline Hanson has said is completely in your own head. A delusional fantasy with no basis in reality. The reason why I post so strongly on these matters is because of nut jobs like you! You are no different to some dogmatic priest from the Middle Ages accusing some poor woman of witchcraft.
You are in reality the inversion of virtue…

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
We have started productive discussion a few times but you've always pulled the pin, citing some excuse or other
With your nut job connection to my posts on whether people should have the right to choose whether they take the vaccine or not. Later claiming I am reposting antivaxxer lies/ propaganda etc.
How could I ever take you seriously?

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Probably time to give this a rest. Pro LGBQ+ are not going to change their views, just as freedom of choice peeps are not going to change theirs. Its become arguing for the sake of arguing.

The only thing this thread does prove is that not everyone is in agreement, and we cannot force our opinions & beliefs upon others. The playing group, community, and even the forum contributors here have many varied views as can be demonstrated over 12 pages of forum discussion which has resulted in the trading of insults from both sides of the debate, and in effect mirroring the behavior of the community as a whole.

Peace.

He is referring to some of my posts, mate. I have removed the "highly offensive" :rofl: memes that our esteemed (and easily offended) Ex-NRL Assistant Coach was probably referencing. I will be more circumspect in the future with my use of such memes. Mea Culpa

Sorry Anna Castillo GIF by Movistar Plus+
If someone is offended then they need to report it....otherwise it is pretty subjective / we would miss it

Show me the evidence where acceptance of homosexuality equals anything like the lack of acceptance.

Happy to read the data that shows by welcoming everyone in an inclusive manner causes teen suicide or something else.

Also there is literally no point in us talking about this. You have had your say and I have had mine - I am not changing my views based on anything you say (if anything the more we “discuss” the more sure I am in my convictions) and clearly you are the same…not mentioning we are both pretty much saying the same things over and over

Yes we are ... because you continue to deflect.

You continually go back to stating the case for gay pride ... yet nobody has ever said it was wrong, we all agree they have been discriminated against and treated poorly for years, we all agree that it is important and good for people to show support ... this has never been the subject of our disagreement ...

Where we differ, dramatically, is that you seem to think it is okay to force your views and opinions on other people ... and if they don't kowtow you are prepared to strip them of their rights under workplace laws, to strip them of a pillar of our democracy, the right to religious freedom, and if they don't wear a jersey against their will you are happy to have them abused, shamed, and excluded ... yet you are happy to rain down upon them the very discrimination you apparently abhor.

What next .. drink drivers ... no excuses can be made for their behaviour .... life in goal ?..

Then, public beatings of Pedo's ... nobody would complain ..

From there, it is a very short step to Totalitarianism .... The Ayatollah's Morality Police also believe that other people's views are irrelevant because they know better ...

Yes we are ... because you continue to deflect.

You continually go back to stating the case for gay pride ... yet nobody has ever said it was wrong, we all agree they have been discriminated against and treated poorly for years, we all agree that it is important and good for people to show support ... this has never been the subject of our disagreement ...

Where we differ, dramatically, is that you seem to think it is okay to force your views and opinions on other people ... and if they don't kowtow you are prepared to strip them of their rights under workplace laws, to strip them of a pillar of our democracy, the right to religious freedom, and if they don't wear a jersey against their will you are happy to have them abused, shamed, and excluded ... yet you are happy to rain down upon them the very discrimination you apparently abhor.

What next .. drink drivers ... no excuses can be made for their behaviour .... life in goal ?..

From there, it is a very short step to Totalitarianism .... The Ayatollah's Morality Police also believe that other people's views are irrelevant because they know better ...

Sigh.

One more time then

Okay what is your solution? Also, if there is a problem / treated poorly do you not think as a society we should do something to help address this? I think this is where we disagree (and correct me if this is not the case) where I believe we as a society should do something where you are of the belief that through other means it will correct itself?

My view is that society moves on and we need to help people deal with this change. How many years ago did we treat people of colour poorly? Remind again how we felt about same sex marriage 15 years ago compared to today? There are times where there are clear injustices that need to be addressed

As you have stated clearly above there is an issue that has not been resolved which is why I advocate for more steps to improve the situation. I think we are all in agreement that the way the jersey was implemented was poorly done however the idea behind it is something that I agree with.

Do I think that players should be abused, shamed, and excluded? No. I would be interested to see where I have ever said that. I do believe that views like that have consequences as there are clear impacts on gay/ trans/ bi youth evidenced by the increased suicide rates. We should be increasing our communications to try help educate people with what are clearly out of date beliefs. This is not “forcing people”.

Again I have not advocated goal time, public beatings, loss of employment at any time. What I have said is that as a society we need to deal with out of date thoughts like thinking sexuality is both a choice and something that there should be consequences for. What these should be are a tricky discussion but one we should have.

Despite how you have put this there is I agree there is no perfect solution (although it is hard to be 100% sure in such a hyperbolic statement) but my belief is that action either by private organisations or government is better than nothing.

Finally it is clear that there are two “camps here” who are both passionate in their beliefs. Yours, as I have stated above and in other places, are not ones that I agree with. We have debated, argued for many months and I have not shifted my view based on anything you have presented.

Your post above was in response to my post below

Show me the evidence where acceptance of homosexuality equals anything like the lack of acceptance.

Happy to read the data that shows by welcoming everyone in an inclusive manner causes teen suicide or something else.

Also there is literally no point in us talking about this. You have had your say and I have had mine - I am not changing my views based on anything you say (if anything the more we “discuss” the more sure I am in my convictions) and clearly you are the same…not mentioning we are both pretty much saying the same things over and over. Your post here shows the futility in continuing any sort of conversation.

It starts with your statement that I continue to deflect.

I continue to deflect? I asked you to show me the evidence where acceptance of homosexuality equals anything like the lack of acceptance.

In your response you quote drink drivers, pedos and lords knows who else. Who is deflecting now?

Probably time to give this a rest. Pro LGBQ+ are not going to change their views, just as freedom of choice peeps are not going to change theirs. Its become arguing for the sake of arguing.

The only thing this thread does prove is that not everyone is in agreement, and we cannot force our opinions & beliefs upon others. The playing group, community, and even the forum contributors here have many varied views as can be demonstrated over 12 pages of forum discussion which has resulted in the trading of insults from both sides of the debate, and in effect mirroring the behavior of the community as a whole.

Peace.
But the pope has changed his and this ' the church's view. As well as others in the article I posted.

Due maybe in part to people's acceptance

But the pope has changed his and this ' the church's view. As well as others in the article I posted.

Due maybe in part to people's acceptance
The Pope is one person. There may be people (who are of certain faiths) who think what he says is the law as according to god. There are many more of myriad faiths for whom he has no relevance. Myself I think he changed his views because the catholic church has dwindling numbers and they needed to soften up to bring back the masses.

Regardless people have differing opinions, and we can respect those opinions, or more importantly the right to have those opinions, even if we cannot agree with those opinions.

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” (Voltairre)

Okay what is your solution? Also, if there is a problem / treated poorly do you not think as a society we should do something to help address this? I think this is where we disagree (and correct me if this is not the case) where I believe we as a society should do something where you are of the belief that through other means it will correct itself?

Yes, I agree as a society we should do something ... I just don't think forcing them to wear a T-shirt against workplace laws and their religous beliefs and alienating the very people you wish to convert ... to be the best approach ... and smuggly watch while they are abused, threatened, shamed and excluded ... helpful.

My view is that society moves on and we need to help people deal with this change. How many years ago did we treat people of colour poorly? Remind again how we felt about same sex marriage 15 years ago compared to today? There are times where there are clear injustices that need to be addressed

Yes, and a yes vote was achieved by education and consultation .... individuals didn't have their employers forcing them into actions against their rights or beliefs ...

So, if my employer asked me to wear a pride t-shirt .. and I said no thank you, it's not my go .. what consequences do you feel I should suffer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4