The Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I just watched the presser ( couldn’t bring myself to do so last night).

Barrett, IMO, nailed it!!

When everything’s going our way we are world beaters , when it’s not we are also rans!!

They don’t have a natural gifted leader!!

Can you imagine Ben Kennedy with that **** going on yesterday , he’d have them in a huddle screaming his lungs out at them and then the next hit up grab the ball, charge into the opposition then turn around and say “ like that you ****ers now get the ball and do the same thing”.

We all love Jake, we all love Cherry but neither do that!!

What’s missing with this team isn’t a decent coach it’s an inspirational leader!!

Same i watched it this morning after the disappointment of last night. Barrett was spot on and he genuinely look disgusted with that first half effort.

We are definitely missing that leader, we had Killer, Skivvy, Snake, Choc, Gifty, King over the last few seasons that were massive leaders and made impact at the right time to swing momentum. Foz was a leader too... We haven’t got that atm

Same i watched it this morning after the disappointment of last night. Barrett was spot on and he genuinely look disgusted with that first half effort.

We are definitely missing that leader, we had Killer, Skivvy, Snake, Choc, Gifty, King over the last few seasons that were massive leaders and made impact at the right time to swing momentum. Foz was a leader too... We haven’t got that atm
You are spot on we need a leader in our team.
Don't forget that Matai, Snake, Choc, King, Kennedy, Beaver were all part of the 2005 team that got spanked 68-6 by the sharks.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...d-24/cronulla-vs-manly-warringah/summary.html

I am mad as hell about yesterdays performance, but people on this site have a very short memory. Guys like Snake had shockers just like Turbo did early on.

Don't forget that Matai, Snake, Choc, King, Kennedy, Beaver were all part of the 2005 team that got spanked 68-6 by the sharks.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...d-24/cronulla-vs-manly-warringah/summary.html

I am mad as hell about yesterdays performance, but people on this site have a very short memory. Guys like Snake had shockers just like Turbo did early on.

Cliify was rocks or diamonds! Fortunately many more diamonds than rocks.

Talk about lack of experience and coaching ability ..... and I'm not talking about Barrett .... I am talking about the numbnuts that expect a coach to come out at a presser with any thing other than support for his players ...

It is what he says to them privately that is important ..... (I would think something to the effect of "I have just lied like a prick on National TV for you ****s ... don't make me do it again" has been said at training more than once ...

As far as using Stuart as an example ... that over-energised fruitloop has lost 3 dressing rooms for publicly bagging players ..... and the Dahlai Arffur is about to learn the error of putting shiit on his own players in pressers ....

Talk about lack of experience and coaching ability ..... and I'm not talking about Barrett .... I am talking about the numbnuts that expect a coach to come out at a presser with any thing other than support for his players ...

It is what he says to them privately that is important ..... (I would think something to the effect of "I have just lied like a prick on National TV for you ****s ... don't make me do it again" has been said at training more than once ...

As far as using Stuart as an example ... that over-energised fruitloop has lost 3 dressing rooms for publicly bagging players ..... and the Dahlai Arffur is about to learn the error of putting shiit on his own players in pressers ....

As has Bennett over his public execution of some of his players.

Look, Barrett isn’t perfect, and makes some strange decisions BUT anyone who thinks he doesn’t have passion is full of ****!!

He’s hurting as badly as we are!

Like I said earlier, when he dropped the eff bomb under his breathe at the presser, I was like, cool, he's literally filthy. Got my support. He's one of the most balanced coaches I've seen, so to see that, he was red hot under the collar.
Don't forget that half time spray... It's not as dramatic as throwing the water bottle, breaking the door and throwing a chair but Baz was pissed off.

We all love him buddy, his passion is unquestionable BUT there’s no old head out there on his shoulders , he’s still a kid!

I know I’ve banged on about James Graham for 6 months but this young team is crying out for that type of player!!
So.... you were bang on the money yesterday. We got pumped in all aspects of the game. I didn’t see that coming.

A lot of people saying sack Barrett and things along those lines are premature IMO. As for pulling the trigger and dropping people what do you want him to do? The nrl has our hands tied behind our back and they’re punching us.

We have 10% less of a squad than every other team to start with. Then we lose two key forwards in one game and our best winger. We have a brand new right edge backrower and a 6 game old left edge. In addition to a new right backrow we’ve got a guy 2 games back from a horrible leg break and a guy that’s completely lost confidence in the ability to catch the ball.

I’m not sure what miracle people are expecting. It’s like a scene from mash. All up by my count we have 23 fit players and we have to pick 17 each round.

As a positive I thought paseka was great yesterday and he looks to offer some great bench impact. Solid hits and bent the line with every run
So what will be the excuses next season.

Excuses, excuses, excuses..............excuses...........& then more excuses.

Guess what, excuses don’t win premierships.

I guess we comeback in 2020 that's when the excuses run out. All the excuses under the sun don't explain why we turn up to our home ground and don't have a dig. This is Barrett's third season this is his squad he accepts the blame and if he can't get the best out of them he should be punted.

I guess we comeback in 2020 that's when the excuses run out. All the excuses under the sun don't explain why we turn up to our home ground and don't have a dig. This is Barrett's third season this is his squad he accepts the blame and if he can't get the best out of them he should be punted.
That’s precisely my point. There is no excuse for the attitude. Having a dig is a matter of personal pride.

Excuses, excuses, excuses..............excuses...........& then more excuses.

Guess what, excuses don’t win premierships.
The moral of the story is ....
Excuses are as useless as tits on a bull .
Winners find solutions and losers look for excuses

Here we go again with the reality challenged numbnuts creating their own facts ....

The only "excuses" I have heard are reasons put forward by Silvertails posters ...

Please tell me which Coach or Manly player has offered an "excuse" .... Gee their are some white-ants that just like to create crap.

WOW. I must have blanked it out of my memory that we had such a good team (on paper) that day. Much better than Cronulla. Much better than we have now. Something must have been gravely amiss for such a good group of players to crash so heavily.
Was there any reason given? Did they all suck on a bad ice cube?

I will agree with your assessment that this is "Barrett's squad" when he has a 30 man squad at his disposal.
As it is, he has a 27 man squad, which is now down to 25 because of this cap farce.
Then add into that his squad space is impacted by paying man dwarf for this season.
Hardly a situation I would go even close to calling "his squad".

Last edited:
WOW. I must have blanked it out of my memory that we had such a good team (on paper) that day. Much better than Cronulla. Much better than we have now. Something must have been gravely amiss for such a good group of players to crash so heavily.
Was there any reason given? Did they all suck on a bad ice cube?

The team was probably sulking because Glenn Stewart wasn't in the side that day.

Here we go again with the reality challenged numbnuts creating their own facts ....

The only "excuses" I have heard are reasons put forward by Silvertails posters ...

Please tell me which Coach or Manly player has offered an "excuse" .... Gee their are some white-ants that just like to create crap.
Tell us who quoted a Manly player or coach offering excuses
Seems like you are creating your own crap inside your head

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12