The Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So Barrett basically said we can't make changes to the roster. What do some Silvertails with knowledge of the the lower grades think? Obviously Uate had a shocker so he'd be an obvious start. Surely if Hastings and Cherry have an issue it needs sorting as the team has to come before individuals.
What are the answers? Who plays next week if Trent turns lumberjack and wields and big axe? Do we actually have viable replacements?
Ummm No.

A lot of people saying sack Barrett and things along those lines are premature IMO. As for pulling the trigger and dropping people what do you want him to do? The nrl has our hands tied behind our back and they’re punching us.

We have 10% less of a squad than every other team to start with. Then we lose two key forwards in one game and our best winger. We have a brand new right edge backrower and a 6 game old left edge. In addition to a new right backrow we’ve got a guy 2 games back from a horrible leg break and a guy that’s completely lost confidence in the ability to catch the ball.

I’m not sure what miracle people are expecting. It’s like a scene from mash. All up by my count we have 23 fit players and we have to pick 17 each round.

As a positive I thought paseka was great yesterday and he looks to offer some great bench impact. Solid hits and bent the line with every run

I just watched the presser ( couldn’t bring myself to do so last night).

Barrett, IMO, nailed it!!

When everything’s going our way we are world beaters , when it’s not we are also rans!!

They don’t have a natural gifted leader!!

Can you imagine Ben Kennedy with that **** going on yesterday , he’d have them in a huddle screaming his lungs out at them and then the next hit up grab the ball, charge into the opposition then turn around and say “ like that you ****ers now get the ball and do the same thing”.

We all love Jake, we all love Cherry but neither do that!!

What’s missing with this team isn’t a decent coach it’s an inspirational leader!!

On the positive side GojetSki looks a real goer. Really has a dig. Only one I was impressed with yesterday.
I thought paseka was really good. @Mark from Brisbane I see that maturity comment directed directly at Jake. I love him but because he wears his heart on his sleeve he plays really immature. When things aren’t going his way he can give away a lippy penalty or drop a ball, and then throw the ball or punch the ground. On the one hand it shows he’s passionate but it’s not good for his teammates. When others see that the heads can drop.

He’s fantastic and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone but I reckon he needs to learn to reign it in and redirect it. (And I say this as someone that had the same issues in sport and life and spent a bit of time with a psych to learn to deal with it better)

I thought paseka was really good. @Mark from Brisbane I see that maturity comment directed directly at Jake. I love him but because he wears his heart on his sleeve he plays really immature. When things aren’t going his way he can give away a lippy penalty or drop a ball, and then throw the ball or punch the ground. On the one hand it shows he’s passionate but it’s not good for his teammates. When others see that the heads can drop.

He’s fantastic and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone but I reckon he needs to learn to reign it in and redirect it. (And I say this as someone that had the same issues in sport and life and spent a bit of time with a psych to learn to deal with it better)

We all love him buddy, his passion is unquestionable BUT there’s no old head out there on his shoulders , he’s still a kid!

I know I’ve banged on about James Graham for 6 months but this young team is crying out for that type of player!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10