The Poll .. Should Folau be allowed to play NRL ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

To play or not to play ?

• YES .. he has done nothing wrong

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • YES ... he is a numbnut but so what

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • YES .. worse bastards are playing

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • NO .. He is evil and divisive

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • NO .. just because he doesn't deserve to ..

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • NO .. because it is a bad look for the game

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters
Don't forget the Yes vote was at the top of the poll so maybe (only maybe) got some donkey votes. ;) No offence meant here.

And yet you cared enough to take the time to post ... saying you don't care ... just kidding ..

When you have a forum like this, you generally get 10 or so dominant voices on each side of the argument going back and forth ... I am genuinely interested in what the "silent" majority view to some issues are, and whilst they may not post an opinion, they might respond to an anonymous poll ...
In regards to the silent majority bit Woodside, an example would be my Pastor brother in laws Church in SA.Before the Izzy crap started, he had about 50-60 sheeples in his flock.
Once Izzy demonised the gays, and the Uniting and Baptist churches went along with the Adam and Steve model, his ‘happy clappy’ church (who are definitely Adam and Eve supporters), quadrupled over the next six months. He’s wrapped, the congregation is now around 500+. He’s hoping Izzy plays again, and voices his beliefs, as they have a development application in with the council to extend not only the church, but other infrastructure for his flock ( tax-free of course).
It’s a bit of a laugh in the family. The atheist and Pastor brother in laws who get on like a house on fire, and believe me, I have antagonised him in regards to religious views over the years. But he doesn’t bite. He explains his beliefs without trying to convert me. This is why I respect him and his beliefs so much. As he says actions speak louder than words. And so I’ve witnessed the ‘silent majority’ jump the fence, without any fan fare.

Sorry for my lack of omnipotence .. I am more than happy to add any additional options ..
Well I'd probably go with option 4 if you delete the word 'evil' and instead just say he is divisive and promotes hatred and discrimination
;)

Well I'd probably go with option 4 if you delete the word 'evil' and instead just say he is divisive and promotes hatred and discrimination
;)

The site will allow me to add an option .. but not edit one once it has been posted ... I suggest you ignore the word evil and place a vote ... it appears the yes let him plays have just taken a slight lead ...

The site will allow me to add an option .. but not edit one once it has been posted ... I suggest you ignore the word evil and place a vote ... it appears the yes let him plays have just taken a slight lead ...
Sorry 'evil' is a very specific word which carries certain entrenched connotations. I don't think Izzy is evil. That is partly the point, I don't believe in that concept!

NRL hung Dragons out to dry on Folau, says club sponsor​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weidler

February 14, 2021 — 12.05am

St George Illawarra sponsor Norm Black has come out swinging at the NRL for its treatment of the Dragons in their failed attempt to bring Israel Folau to the club, saying the game’s bosses led them “down the garden path”.

The Dragons sounded out the NRL about signing Folau, but withdrew their bid just days later following significant backlash.
The Dragons’ attempt to bring Israel Folau back to the NRL fell flat.

Black, the founder of travel company TripADeal, has also leapt to the defence of Dragons chief executive Ryan Webb, who has been roasted for his role in what turned out to be a highly embarrassing episode for the club.

“The first thing that needs to be said is that anyone who thinks for a moment that the Dragons acted in a reckless or thoughtless manner when it came to looking at Folau ... well, they have rocks in their head,” he said.

“Do you think they didn’t consult me or consult other sponsors long before this became a public stitch-up of the club and the CEO? The board was across all of this. I think they met twice and it was discussed with them. So Ryan isn’t some kind of cowboy.

“But here is where I have an issue: I think the club was poorly treated and positioned by the NRL. They gave the club the rope and then they quietly hung us. There was never a firm no from the NRL ... instead they allowed us to explore it and led us down the garden path.

“They allowed the club to look rash and stupid, and the reason they didn’t cut it off straight away is because the NRL knows they would have had to face a court case. They knew there was a restraint of trade or something similar at risk facing them.
“They outsmarted the club in their mind, but do they consider the damage they did to the club in the process of making themselves looking smart or without fault? The damage to sponsors of the Dragons or to the boss of the club? I don’t think they did.”

Black says Webb deserves praise.

“Ryan has been hammered, but I actually think he showed balls of steel,” Black said. “When the coach came to him and said he wanted Folau he could have knocked it on the head but he did his job and explored the idea and he has to be congratulated for that. You need to remember that Folau has already played professional sport since what happened in rugby, so it was worth exploring.

“There are very few people who would support his stance [on homosexuality], but he was willing to co-operate and you try and tell me that league is not a game that gives blokes another chance. Idon’t think I need to start listing players who have had a second or third chance.

“I know Folau had no desire to do the wrong thing or rock the boat. Assurances were given. Maybe it would have been good to educate him about the impact of what has happened rather than hide him away.

“I’m not sticking up for Folau – I have no reason to do that – but I am sticking up for the club and the way the club was treated has left me pretty upset.”

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6