The Poll .. Should Folau be allowed to play NRL ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

To play or not to play ?

• YES .. he has done nothing wrong

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • YES ... he is a numbnut but so what

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • YES .. worse bastards are playing

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • NO .. He is evil and divisive

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • NO .. just because he doesn't deserve to ..

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • NO .. because it is a bad look for the game

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters
BY JAMES HOOPER.

At the risk of sending the PC fright bat fraternity into complete social media meltdown, here’s why Israel Folau should be afforded a second chance in the NRL.​

Rugby league is one of the most inclusive sports on the planet and unlike the AFL it can be proud of the melting pot of cultures from all walks of life it accepts and has long treated equally.

The first sport to have an indigenous national captain? Rugby league. The Kangaroos made the Immortal big Artie Beetson Test skipper all the way back in 1973.
Yep, almost 50 years ago.

Let’s go back to 1995 and the Manly and South Sydney champion forward Ian Roberts becomes the first rugby league player to openly declare he is gay.
Was it an issue? No. On the contrary, it was a celebration. The game supported him.
Here was a man playing one of the toughest sports on the planet who was proud to declare his sexuality.

It was a similar story when NRL referee Matt Cecchin announced he was gay in 2010.
The whistle-blower received full support.

Now to Folau - the deeply religious dual international who has polarised the world and been condemned to hell by the woke warrior Twitterati for the expression of a religious belief on social media.

As much as all the outrage merchants will scream like banchees, the only crime Folau is guilty of is offering a religious opinion.
If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

If you don’t agree with it, laugh it off as the musings of a religious whack job.
Personally, I think people getting swept up in the best fairytale of all time - religion - is hilarious.

But I don’t condemn them for it. I understand and accept.
They like the Bible and church, I like the pub and a schooner.
It’s the same for people who are gay, straight, bi, trans, LGBTQIA or whatever.
If that’s how they want to roll, happy days. Whatever floats your boat.

The imbeciles at Rugby Australia almost sent the entire sport to the wall by digging in on the moral high ground against Folau.

Only this summer we have seen a number of NRL players make headlines for everything from Brent Naden’s cocaine use in the lead-up to the NRL grand final to Mitchell Pearce’s wedding being called off over a sexting scandal.

Neither of them have been suspended from playing a solitary NRL game.
Let’s go back to the melting pot of rugby league - a game where indigenous, Lebanese, Maltese, Greek, Tongan, Samoan and Italian players have all been celebrated for the champion players they are.
The NRL has never judged a player based on the postcode or country they hail from, the colour of their skin or what side of politics they sit on.
Whether it was Mal Meninga, Benny Elias, Johnathan Thurston or Sonny Bill Williams, it’s never mattered where you came from.
It’s always been about how you played the game.
In the case of Sonny Bill, he was a Muslim who refused to endorse betting companies and would regularly engage in Ramadan.
Was it frowned upon? No, it was accepted as his choice, his way of living.
The greatest game of all has always been an advocate for providing a platform for people to make good with second chances.
One of the best-ever lines from the infamous Sydney gangster Neddy Smith was “if you nurse a mug he’ll die in your arms”.

It’s true, the NRL has seen a couple of serial off-field offenders end up on the operating table and run out of the game.

But there’s also been countless players who’ve been given another shot and made good. Look at the Sydney Roosters co-captain Jake Friend.

He had his contract torn up in 2009 and worked in a sandwich shop in Surry Hills before getting another opportunity and going on to win three premierships.
Last November, he made his State of Origin debut for Queensland and won an Origin shield at the age of 30.

Israel Folau has not been found guilty of any criminal offence in a court of law.
He’s simply been hung, drawn and quartered for expressing a religious belief in the court of public opinion.

How dare he.
I think it was a little more than a religious belief being expressed

He has dark ages views and should stay in the dark ages. I would like to think tho nrl is moving forward not backwards. Tell him to take a hike. If he and his bigoted Neanderthals can’t pay him to stay away from the nrl then bad luck. He is just looking for another pedestal to spew his bigoted views from and the nrl shouldn’t entertain it/him

would we allow other outrageous religious beliefs to be part of the game. if another belief system such as beheading, marrying 14 year old girls were expressed and forcing them into sexual relations, or killing an unfaithful wife was branded around by another player as being a normal viewpoint would the game get onboard that train.

im not sure if religious beliefs and crime are in the same egg carton.

As someone in my fifties i have grown up in an era where gay people were harassed, bashed, ridiculed and treated as second class citizens . i ask are we more forgiving of such beliefs because we have lived side by side with these views and as such are tone deaf to a point about the impact it has on peoples lives

There are many other belief systems that we have only just started to understand due to immigration that we just wont tolerate as it has not been part of our landscape and we are still in shock too, but they are cool with it. is this not the same thing

James Hooper alludes to inclusiveness but Izzys remarks are anything but

Would Margaret court be considered as a replacement for vlandys if he retired if she had the skills

Ultimately i feel the business decision is enough to not consider his inclusion but religion needs to understand its place in society better than it does. Allowing izzy into the NRL would be a giant step backwards and would send churches the message that society agrees with there homophobic viewpoint.

Falou is entitled to his opinion and his faith and i am sure many people agree with him but he has used his position to grandstand his viewpoint. He was given the opportunity to grow and learn but stood steadfast. The NRL should not be his next soapbox

I read today that gay teenagers are 6 times more likely to commit suicide. That is an astounding number of people that need help, understanding and empathy not condemnation

Its a big No from me

"He had his contract torn up in 2009 and worked in a sandwich shop in Surry Hills before getting another opportunity and going on to win three premierships."

I hate Surry Hills sandwiches. I went to a Surry Hills sandwich shop and bought a carton of flavoured milk, this was around 1975. The milk was solid. I spat it out on the counter and said to the bloke that's ****. He said I'll get you a fresh one, I said no I'll get my money back. The talcum powder salt shaker should have been a clue. Friend should never have been allowed back for working in a Surry Hills sandwich shop.

would we allow other outrageous religious beliefs to be part of the game. if another belief system such as beheading, marrying 14 year old girls were expressed and forcing them into sexual relations, or killing an unfaithful wife was branded around by another player as being a normal viewpoint would the game get onboard that train.

im not sure if religious beliefs and crime are in the same egg carton.

As someone in my fifties i have grown up in an era where gay people were harassed, bashed, ridiculed and treated as second class citizens . i ask are we more forgiving of such beliefs because we have lived side by side with these views and as such are tone deaf to a point about the impact it has on peoples lives

There are many other belief systems that we have only just started to understand due to immigration that we just wont tolerate as it has not been part of our landscape and we are still in shock too, but they are cool with it. is this not the same thing

James Hooper alludes to inclusiveness but Izzys remarks are anything but

Would Margaret court be considered as a replacement for vlandys if he retired if she had the skills

Ultimately i feel the business decision is enough to not consider his inclusion but religion needs to understand its place in society better than it does. Allowing izzy into the NRL would be a giant step backwards and would send churches the message that society agrees with there homophobic viewpoint.

Falou is entitled to his opinion and his faith and i am sure many people agree with him but he has used his position to grandstand his viewpoint. He was given the opportunity to grow and learn but stood steadfast. The NRL should not be his next soapbox

I read today that gay teenagers are 6 times more likely to commit suicide. That is an astounding number of people that need help, understanding and empathy not condemnation

Its a big No from me
I'm quite sure that when Izzy made those comments, he was inside the walls of a church talking to like-minded congregation members. It's utter most important to take this into account. He never viewed his beliefs at a ARL post-game interview or footy show enviroment. People say things such as "but religion needs to understand it's place in society". Is it Izzy fault that the footage filmed being aired on social media? He said what he said in a church enviroment....nothing wrong with that.

I'm quite sure that when Izzy made those comments, he was inside the walls of a church talking to like-minded congregation members. It's utter most important to take this into account. He never viewed his beliefs at a ARL post-game interview or footy show enviroment. People say things such as "but religion needs to understand it's place in society". Is it Izzy fault that the footage filmed being aired on social media? He said what he said in a church enviroment....nothing wrong with that.

He also posted them on social media i.e. in the public domain.

At the end of the day he's not a Manly player / supporter - should be thrown out never to be seen again.

He has religious beliefs that differ from mine - should be thrown out never to be seen again.

Being that I am the Supreme Leader, if he gets down and kisses my a&se and agree to fully support and undertake any of my decrees, then I may reconsider his sentence.

He should be allowed to play why not? We have let russell packer robert Lui greg bird jack Fighton afb etc play and they did loads worse then folau who is only stating what over 2 billion people including me believe. I dont accept his whole God made the bush fires because of gay marriage etc angle but what he says is true from our beliefs. In saying all this i dont want him back because its like sbw a distraction and waste of time... i think dragons have passed on the idea now all you lefties had a cry and spat the dummy LOL

He has dark ages views and should stay in the dark ages. I would like to think tho nrl is moving forward not backwards. Tell him to take a hike. If he and his bigoted Neanderthals can’t pay him to stay away from the nrl then bad luck. He is just looking for another pedestal to spew his bigoted views from and the nrl shouldn’t entertain it/him
Speaking of bigoted views... lol whats that saying kettle black tea pot or something a rather

Dark ages views.. interesting. Can you find me one society 50 years ago that accepted gays? Didnt the Who just declassify that being gay was a disease? No where in the world or in any religion was being gay accepted. Throughout human history.. just because people have lost their minds and allowed it now you think the rest believe in dark age views? How preposterous.. i feel mortified vilified and stupefied by your bigotry.

Ps an atheist calling others bigots.. this site has officially gone to **** ;)

@Woodsie we'll have to start calling you Roy Morgan such is your penchant for polls of late

As for Izzy. I'm of the firm belief that seeing as there is currently no bushfires in the greater Sydney area then his omnipotent being of choice is obviously happy with the status quo - i.e. no NRL for Izzy. Should a plague of locusts descend then we know we have upset said being, and maybe someone should offer him a contract for all our sakes.

Speaking of bigoted views... lol whats that saying kettle black tea pot or something a rather

Dark ages views.. interesting. Can you find me one society 50 years ago that accepted gays? Didnt the Who just declassify that being gay was a disease? No where in the world or in any religion was being gay accepted. Throughout human history.. just because people have lost their minds and allowed it now you think the rest believe in dark age views? How preposterous.. i feel mortified vilified and stupefied by your bigotry.

Spew religion at me all you like. Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys but I guess he was straight as

Folau can spew his vitriol some place else, the nrl would be stupid to let him use them as a vehicle to do so

Aust voted to recognise LGBTI and if Folau doesn’t like that he should have stayed in Europe

I had a giggle at that post as well. Sounded very hateful to me. Hate against hate. We will solve all our problems that way.

You know they used to burn witches a couple of hundred years ago?

Your suggestion that because gays weren't accepted 50 years & are today is due to people losing their minds is pretty medieval mate.

Last edited:
Spew religion at me all you like. Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys but I guess he was straight as

Folau can spew his vitriol some place else, the nrl would be stupid to let him use them as a vehicle to do so

Aust voted to recognise LGBTI and if Folau doesn’t like that he should have stayed in Europe
Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys... hahaha i dont know what to say except educate yourself on who he is.

Second point i agree

3rd point yes we lost the plot but he can still have his opinion.. remember what that is? Its not nazi Germany or Stalin's russia is it we can still have opinions. Im not goose stepping for anyone

Okay, opinions are strong and varied .. but now have your vote ..

Be he Right, wrong, just ignorant or just a plain deluded brainwashed numbnut ... Has Folau done anything that despicable that you would ban him from playing NRL ?

PSS ... Genuinely interested in the anonymous majority opinion ..
I couldn't vote for any of your options, despite having quite firm views on the subject.
Which demonstrates one of the limitations of polls, namely drafting of the available choices!

One chief executive was not on his own in thinking the former Melbourne and Brisbane star, who left the NRL a decade ago to chase his fortune in AFL and rugby, had run his race.
“He was the bloke that walked out (previously) and now he wants to walk out on his deal in France because it doesn’t suit him,” the chief executive said.
“It can’t be rewarded.

“I have had it.

“I am so glad that he doesn’t get a chance to s**t on the game again.

“I am glad just for the game that these blokes don’t get to keep doing it when they want to.

Damn I thought Hooper had got the @rse and we would never hear his crap ever..Wrong again.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8