The Poll .. Should Folau be allowed to play NRL ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

To play or not to play ?

• YES .. he has done nothing wrong

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • YES ... he is a numbnut but so what

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • YES .. worse bastards are playing

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • NO .. He is evil and divisive

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • NO .. just because he doesn't deserve to ..

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • NO .. because it is a bad look for the game

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Okay, opinions are strong and varied .. but now have your vote ..

Be he Right, wrong, just ignorant or just a plain deluded brainwashed numbnut ... Has Folau done anything that despicable that you would ban him from playing NRL ?

PSS ... Genuinely interested in the anonymous majority opinion ..

Last edited:
Yes, he's a numbnut, so what.

However, if he is unable to secure a contract because of his previous, deliberate actions then he only has himself to blame & I wont be losing any sleep over it.

In fact I see it as karmic retribution for his arrogance.

Yes a numbnut
But wouldn't want him near the Manly club , just a unwanted distraction with his views
Was common knowledge that a lot of the wallaby players weren't happy with the way carried on in camp
Have your belief that's fine just don't shove it in front of my face

BY JAMES HOOPER.

At the risk of sending the PC fright bat fraternity into complete social media meltdown, here’s why Israel Folau should be afforded a second chance in the NRL.​

Rugby league is one of the most inclusive sports on the planet and unlike the AFL it can be proud of the melting pot of cultures from all walks of life it accepts and has long treated equally.

The first sport to have an indigenous national captain? Rugby league. The Kangaroos made the Immortal big Artie Beetson Test skipper all the way back in 1973.
Yep, almost 50 years ago.

Let’s go back to 1995 and the Manly and South Sydney champion forward Ian Roberts becomes the first rugby league player to openly declare he is gay.
Was it an issue? No. On the contrary, it was a celebration. The game supported him.
Here was a man playing one of the toughest sports on the planet who was proud to declare his sexuality.

It was a similar story when NRL referee Matt Cecchin announced he was gay in 2010.
The whistle-blower received full support.

Now to Folau - the deeply religious dual international who has polarised the world and been condemned to hell by the woke warrior Twitterati for the expression of a religious belief on social media.

As much as all the outrage merchants will scream like banchees, the only crime Folau is guilty of is offering a religious opinion.
If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

If you don’t agree with it, laugh it off as the musings of a religious whack job.
Personally, I think people getting swept up in the best fairytale of all time - religion - is hilarious.

But I don’t condemn them for it. I understand and accept.
They like the Bible and church, I like the pub and a schooner.
It’s the same for people who are gay, straight, bi, trans, LGBTQIA or whatever.
If that’s how they want to roll, happy days. Whatever floats your boat.

The imbeciles at Rugby Australia almost sent the entire sport to the wall by digging in on the moral high ground against Folau.

Only this summer we have seen a number of NRL players make headlines for everything from Brent Naden’s cocaine use in the lead-up to the NRL grand final to Mitchell Pearce’s wedding being called off over a sexting scandal.

Neither of them have been suspended from playing a solitary NRL game.
Let’s go back to the melting pot of rugby league - a game where indigenous, Lebanese, Maltese, Greek, Tongan, Samoan and Italian players have all been celebrated for the champion players they are.
The NRL has never judged a player based on the postcode or country they hail from, the colour of their skin or what side of politics they sit on.
Whether it was Mal Meninga, Benny Elias, Johnathan Thurston or Sonny Bill Williams, it’s never mattered where you came from.
It’s always been about how you played the game.
In the case of Sonny Bill, he was a Muslim who refused to endorse betting companies and would regularly engage in Ramadan.
Was it frowned upon? No, it was accepted as his choice, his way of living.
The greatest game of all has always been an advocate for providing a platform for people to make good with second chances.
One of the best-ever lines from the infamous Sydney gangster Neddy Smith was “if you nurse a mug he’ll die in your arms”.

It’s true, the NRL has seen a couple of serial off-field offenders end up on the operating table and run out of the game.

But there’s also been countless players who’ve been given another shot and made good. Look at the Sydney Roosters co-captain Jake Friend.

He had his contract torn up in 2009 and worked in a sandwich shop in Surry Hills before getting another opportunity and going on to win three premierships.
Last November, he made his State of Origin debut for Queensland and won an Origin shield at the age of 30.

Israel Folau has not been found guilty of any criminal offence in a court of law.
He’s simply been hung, drawn and quartered for expressing a religious belief in the court of public opinion.

How dare he.

I completely disagree with Israel's view on homosexuals and their place in hell, but I can coexist with people of that view. In fact, I can happily coexist with people that have a myriad of views different to mine on a whole range of topics.

Call me cynical, but I reckon that if Qatar Airways, Emirates or Etihad wanted to sponsor the NRL, the NRL wouldn't have a problem with it notwithstanding the fact that those airlines are owned by governments that are quite happy to have laws that criminalise homosexual acts in place. Interestingly, Qantas is in an alliance with Qatar Airways, so Qantas doesn't think the issue is so serious to warrant any influence on who it is in an alliance with.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the comments Israel made. But hypocrisy pisses me off more.

Never knew Matt Cecchin is gay.

The rest of Hooper's article- yawn.

Virtue-signaling from a bloke desperate to show how open-minded he is.

Also, complains about the Twitterati condemning Folau to hell but defends Folau's right to post tweets condemning homosexuals to hell.

Last edited:
I dont understand how hard it is for people to understand...
My last job before opening my own business was working for a roofing company in the office.. not a huge important job, just a customer service officer for a small business...
On the contract I signed on the day I was employed it very specifically states I can be instantly dismissed if I am found to post anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or anything else that can be classified as harmful or insensitive/biggoted on my social media platforms...

We THEN had a social media training day showing us exactly what we can and cannot post...

Its not hard.. post racist or homophobic opinions = lose my job..

Do I think he should be allowed to play again??
Yes, on the proviso he won't spew his hateful sh!t all over his social media pages per his contract...

But he's proven time and again he just can't help himself

My last job before opening my own business was working for a roofing company in the office.. not a huge important job, just a customer service officer for a small business...
On the contract I signed on the day I was employed it very specifically states I can be instantly dismissed if I am found to post anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or anything else that can be classified as harmful or insensitive/biggoted on my social media platforms...

We THEN had a social media training day showing us exactly what we can and cannot post...

Yes, on the proviso he won't spew his hateful sh!t all over his social media pages per his contract...

I agree with everything you say until the last two lines. There were two posts in question: the first, where he responded to someone who asked him a question, didn't breach his contract; the second post that led to the termination of his contract for supposed breach was contested and settled (remember, apparently Rugby Australia forgot to include the social media compliance clause in his last contract). So, at best, he has one breach of his contract and he hasn't posted any similar comments since. It's probably because of how much airplay this item gets that it feels like all Israel spends his time doing is condemning gay people to hell.

Not so simple old mate ... otherwise a whole ravenous host of lawyers wouldn't have been paid a lottery win ... and then cost Rugby Australia an est. $3-4 million dollar payout ...

.. and I am 100% certain that if a club does try to register him ... and the NRL says no ... they would want to have a reason other than a bad look for the game or they will risk a handsome lawsuit ... but I don't think PVL would be dumb enough to do that.

With regard to workplace contracts ... an employer can put whatever they want in a contract .. (and I have seen some beauties) .. but you can not be contracted to perform any illegal activity, nor (I believe) can you be contracted to give up any of your basic human rights ... it would be thrown out of court toot sweet .. however, the argument whether freedom, or alternatively, the suppression of the right to religious expression is a basic human right would keep the lawyers in scones and cream for years ..

Not so simple old mate ... otherwise a whole ravenous host of lawyers wouldn't have been paid a lottery win ... and then cost Rugby Australia an est. $3-4 million dollar payout ...

.. and I am 100% certain that if a club does try to register him ... and the NRL says no ... they would want to have a reason other than a bad look for the game or they will risk a handsome lawsuit ... but I don't think PVL would be dumb enough to do that.

With regard to workplace contracts ... an employer can put whatever they want in a contract .. (and I have seen some beauties) .. but you can not be contracted to perform any illegal activity, nor (I believe) can you be contracted to give up any of your basic human rights ... it would be thrown out of court toot sweet .. however, the argument whether freedom, or alternatively, the suppression of the right to religious expression is a basic human right would keep the lawyers in scones and cream for years ..
You're right - if the NRL knock back an application and Israel had the appetite to take it on, all I can see is a 'fee orgy'.

PVL is no mug ... his response would be very measured ...
I'd just put a liquidated damages clause in his contract. If he makes any public statement contrary to the values of the game on this particular topic, make it clear that the contract will be terminated and he will be liable to pay up to the value of his contract in damages. The NRL can then use that to fund its inclusion and diversity programme.

I'd just put a liquidated damages clause in his contract. If he makes any public statement contrary to the values of the game on this particular topic, make it clear that the contract will be terminated and he will be liable to pay up to the value of his contract in damages. The NRL can then use that to fund its inclusion and diversity programme.
This makes sense...

how much time has been wasted on this shyte ?
Also there is no place to tick the box and vote ......
-Couldnt give a f*&^ ....as I could careless what he does

in any case my favourite memory of him is the below
1612413076073.png

how much time has been wasted on this shyte ?
Also there is no place to tick the box and vote ......
-Couldnt give a f*&^ ....as I could careless what he does

in any case my favourite memory of him is the below
View attachment 16854

And yet you cared enough to take the time to post ... saying you don't care ... just kidding ..

When you have a forum like this, you generally get 10 or so dominant voices on each side of the argument going back and forth ... I am genuinely interested in what the "silent" majority view to some issues are, and whilst they may not post an opinion, they might respond to an anonymous poll ...

I completely disagree with Israel's view on homosexuals and their place in hell, but I can coexist with people of that view. In fact, I can happily coexist with people that have a myriad of views different to mine on a whole range of topics.

Call me cynical, but I reckon that if Qatar Airways, Emirates or Etihad wanted to sponsor the NRL, the NRL wouldn't have a problem with it notwithstanding the fact that those airlines are owned by governments that are quite happy to have laws that criminalise homosexual acts in place. Interestingly, Qantas is in an alliance with Qatar Airways, so Qantas doesn't think the issue is so serious to warrant any influence on who it is in an alliance with.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the comments Israel made. But hypocrisy pisses me off more.
Well said and I just wish people could agree to disagree more often in a more respectful manner, not in the manner in which today everyone who disagrees with your opinion is seen as evil and and downright evil person.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7