The Poll .. Should Folau be allowed to play NRL ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

To play or not to play ?

• YES .. he has done nothing wrong

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • YES ... he is a numbnut but so what

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • YES .. worse bastards are playing

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • NO .. He is evil and divisive

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • NO .. just because he doesn't deserve to ..

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • NO .. because it is a bad look for the game

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters
It’s funny how many ( most ) wars were ( are ) fought over religious differences and it’s funny how on this forum religion just divides us down the middle.

This player loves being divisive , looks like he mightn’t be returning after all which is a good thing.

I never agreed with the Dragqueens signing him , but I also don’t think the NRL have a right to stop him if another club wants to do so.

Let’s not argue any more about him, it’s old news now.

It’s funny how many ( most ) wars were ( are ) fought over religious differences and it’s funny how on this forum religion just divides us down the middle.

This player loves being divisive , looks like he mightn’t be returning after all which is a good thing.

I never agreed with the Dragqueens signing him , but I also don’t think the NRL have a right to stop him if another club wants to do so.

Wars are blamed on religion, but are never actually about the religion.

"Most wars have been started by religion" is a common misconception that the average person will throw up when quoting the cause of war.

Verily I say unto thee, if you went to a historian with such a claim, they would smile politely into their teacup, cursing the sky fairy for bringing them face to face with a MORAN.

Last edited:
"Most wars have been started by religion" is a common misconception that the average person will throw up when quoting the cause of war.

Verily I say to thee, if you went to a historian with such a claim, they would smile politely into their teacup, cursing the sky fairy for bringing them face to face with a MORAN.
A good example is trump in the US. He claims to be about god and his fascist support base are very religious but he does not start to attempt to overthrow the capital for their religion but for power and control.
His followers believe he is doing god's work.
But history is written by the victors and they will use religion to justify the action taken.

Seems to be a portion of the pubic at least in Australia who certainly do not agree with or support Izzy 's more contentious views or comments but just think that he has a right to express them irrespective of their quite or perceived divisive and potentially harmful nature . This where Izzy gets a bit of cover , almost assured of getting additional financial public support if he seeks it and maybe some sort of self justification with his stances . Reality is that if Izzy did not express or advocate his controversial views , quite few clubs would no doubt be interested in recruiting him at a realistic price . Rightly or wrongly his exit from Union was predicated or governed by commercial interests , just as his now discussed return is .

A good example is trump in the US. He claims to be about god and his fascist support base are very religious but he does not start to attempt to overthrow the capital for their religion but for power and control.
His followers believe he is doing god's work.
But history is written by the victors and they will use religion to justify the action taken.
Tea party has been around a lot longer then Trumpy 's more higher profile presence in recent years , this is probably the longer term factor in levels of far right extremism in the States now . Have to be careful though , history is littered with extremes at all parts of the political and social spectrum and the subsequent terrible problems and upheavals .

I'm quite sure that when Izzy made those comments, he was inside the walls of a church talking to like-minded congregation members. It's utter most important to take this into account. He never viewed his beliefs at a ARL post-game interview or footy show enviroment. People say things such as "but religion needs to understand it's place in society". Is it Izzy fault that the footage filmed being aired on social media? He said what he said in a church enviroment....nothing wrong with that.

I understand what your trying to say but its not entirely accurate. He posted it on social media. This is why RU got so upset as they had spoken to him about it already. His defiance to understand his sponser based RU environment was a issue

According to an article by fitzy a couple of days back it is still there. Thats cool, it is his site but there are consequences. Conviction is conviction. It doesnt necessarily need to be flaunted by people with position to be real

Religion is a belief system and i am happy for those that enjoy or need it, but it is a club , not based on many facts. As a result they need to be careful about what they preach and where. Its not for everyone

Religion has had a political influence in Australia but that is being diluted daily. Religious freedoms are a right not afforded to other ideologies and they best be careful or it may be taken away. In life there is always someone who wrecks it for others

I feel sorry for izzy as i saw he was being used by an establishment that had lost a few recent battles and pumped up his defiant tyres. He was more a political pawn In the end which is sad

I understand what your trying to say but its not entirely accurate. He posted it on social media. This is why RU got so upset as they had spoken to him about it already. His defiance to understand his sponser based RU environment was a issue

According to an article by fitzy a couple of days back it is still there. Thats cool, it is his site but there are consequences. Conviction is conviction. It doesnt necessarily need to be flaunted by people with position to be real

Religion is a belief system and i am happy for those that enjoy or need it, but it is a club , not based on many facts. As a result they need to be careful about what they preach and where. Its not for everyone

Religion has had a political influence in Australia but that is being diluted daily. Religious freedoms are a right not afforded to other ideologies and they best be careful or it may be taken away. In life there is always someone who wrecks it for others

I feel sorry for izzy as i saw he was being used by an establishment that had lost a few recent battles and pumped up his defiant tyres. He was more a political pawn In the end which is sad
Good post but hardly think that izzy is entitled to much sympathy Naturally is entitled to his views as long as they do not get to the stage of actually inciting real hate based activity or opinion but maybe just a bit of personal responsibility would be helpful and to be a bit more measured with his outlook and views , Nothing to do with censorship , just a reality check with his current public position .

Good post but hardly think that izzy is entitled to much sympathy Naturally is entitled to his views as long as they do not get to the stage of actually inciting real hate based activity or opinion but maybe just a bit of personal responsibility would be helpful and to be a bit more measured with his outlook and views , Nothing to do with censorship , just a reality check with his current public position .

I for one dont feel sorry for him but i reckon he was pushed by others telling him he was doing gods work with all of those church based cliches . As he has found out since, god works in mysterious ways. This is now his journey and its time to walk in another mans shoes. He has a **** list and is now on many peoples **** list

I couldn't vote for any of your options, despite having quite firm views on the subject.
Which demonstrates one of the limitations of polls, namely drafting of the available choices!

Sorry for my lack of omnipotence .. I am more than happy to add any additional options ..

I for one dont feel sorry for him but i reckon he was pushed by others telling him he was doing gods work with all of those church based cliches . As he has found out since, god works in mysterious ways. This is now his journey and its time to walk in another mans shoes. He has a ** list and is now on many peoples ** list
Must have a high level of gullibility if that is correct also unfortunately

You know they used to burn witches a couple of hundred years ago?

Your suggestion that because gays weren't accepted 50 years & are today is due to people losing their minds is pretty medieval mate.

Stop it! .. using your logic we are all doomed ... nek minet ... you will be saying the Arks not real and Mary was fibbing about being a virgin ...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6