The Owners speak

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I put myself on a sabbatical from here, had better things to do than come on and read all the drama

I've been broken this morning though, what an absolute ****ing rabble we have running the show with Penns work this morning

Barrett, Gorman and co have been playing the right hand in finishing the season off then dealing with the public side of it all, then this penn muppet comes in over the top with his statements today, never a better example of the trouble the club is in than that situation

Penn says he wants a proven coach, having a rookie has proven to be a failure. Following on from that theme these absolute amateur rookies should piss off and hand the joint back over to a proven man, Max Delmege

I want the dream team at the helm. Toovey coach, Donny S and M Ballin Fitness and Brent Kite in some sort of role. REAL Manly people or GTFO.
On a side note, if I wanted to vent my feelings to the club what email would I use or would I be better off to 'penn' a letter and send it in?
Im a Queenslander but have been following Manly since early 80's and just wanted to share my thoughts with this cluster *%^$ of a situation with the club.

I thrive on drama and I look forward to coming on our sacred site and seeing how our club is travelling and look for the positives
The positives are that we needed change and it is coming . I look at the million dollar clubs like the Dogs and the EEls and the one town teams like the Cowboys and the reality is that all clubs go through cycles . The mighty Sea eagles will soar once again !!!

Just a post before you said you would stop communicating with me.

Would be much appreciated if you could stick to your word!
I’m not just going to sit back while you take potshots at me and imply I’m someone I’m not. I think I’ve been pretty polite to you and I don’t think it warrants you trying to disparage my character. I’m allowed to express my opinions despite them being different to yours without having accusations of me being someone else thrown at me. I find it quite insulting and hypocritical

I put myself on a sabbatical from here, had better things to do than come on and read all the drama

I've been broken this morning though, what an absolute ****ing rabble we have running the show with Penns work this morning

Barrett, Gorman and co have been playing the right hand in finishing the season off then dealing with the public side of it all, then this penn muppet comes in over the top with his statements today, never a better example of the trouble the club is in than that situation

Penn says he wants a proven coach, having a rookie has proven to be a failure. Following on from that theme these absolute amateur rookies should piss off and hand the joint back over to a proven man, Max Delmege

I think it speaks to Scott's ego, as Toovey alluded too.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Penn said he was “ropeable” at accusations his family had “given up” on Manly.

I dont think you have given up Mr Penn,Its more the fact you dont know what you are doing,You take the cheapest route and whatever you touch turns to sh!t..
Bit harsh on talking up the lack of "Manly" culture ,when you dont have one iota yourselves.

I want the dream team at the helm. Toovey coach, Donny S and M Ballin Fitness and Brent Kite in some sort of role. REAL Manly people or GTFO.
On a side note, if I wanted to vent my feelings to the club what email would I use or would I be better off to 'penn' a letter and send it in?
Im a Queenslander but have been following Manly since early 80's and just wanted to share my thoughts with this cluster *%^$ of a situation with the club.
I have written to the club and received a reply. May I suggest the only reason you would write is to offer constructive suggestions, not simply to rant.
If you have ideas that will help the club improve/survive let them know.

I’m not just going to sit back while you take potshots at me and imply I’m someone I’m not. I think I’ve been pretty polite to you and I don’t think it warrants you trying to disparage my character. I’m allowed to express my opinions despite them being different to yours without having accusations of me being someone else thrown at me. I find it quite insulting and hypocritical
Oh my God give up!

All that was said was about your reporting. If it’s not you then that would not be an offence. I’m actually not sure why your are continuing this conversation yet you keep calling me hypocritical!

Give up!

I have written to the club and received a reply. May I suggest the only reason you would write is to offer constructive suggestions, not simply to rant.
If you have ideas that will help the club improve/survive let them know.

Absolutley. I realize just going off at them will achieve nothing and be counter-productive. Just simply to offer my view and thoughts as a fan from the outside looking in.

Oh my God give up!

All that was said was about your reporting. If it’s not you then that would not be an offence. I’m actually not sure why your are continuing this conversation yet you keep calling me hypocritical!

Give up!
The people you’re accusing me of being are lowlifes that I have no respect for. Hence the offense.

You are right about one thing though. It’s impossible to win against crazy

Agree, it just smacks of Ego nothing more. If the CEO and Barrett/Reps decided to deal with it after the season then why come over the top and undermine that process and essentially make an already awkward situation even worse?

If that's the level of professionalism our owner has, it's no wonder we are a basket case. I imagine the 'legal' reasons were to work out a payout and keeping whatever reputation was left in tact. These comments will do nothing but put the ball in Barrett's court and whatever progress/processes were being followed by our CEO to sort this out will go out the window.

Even with Lyall's track record with digging clubs out of holes i think even he has bitten off more than he can chew with this lot.

Disappointing and childish behaviour to put the media spotlight back on the club even brighter.

A chance of a win tmrw night has zero chance, didn't think there was much chance of winning the last two games but the care factor here would be even less (if that was possible?) than the Titans game.

Agree, it just smacks of Ego nothing more. If the CEO and Barrett/Reps decided to deal with it after the season then why come over the top and undermine that process and essentially make an already awkward situation even worse?

If that's the level of professionalism our owner has, it's no wonder we are a basket case. I imagine the 'legal' reasons was to work out a payout and keeping whatever reputation was left in tact. These comments will do nothing but put the ball in Barrett's court and whatever progress/process waere being followed by our CEO to sort this out will go out the window.

Even with Lyall's track record with digging clubs out of holes i think even he has bitten off more than he can chew with this lot.

Disappointing and childish behaviour to put the media spotlight back on the club even brighter.

A chance of a win tmrw night has zero chance, didn't think there was much chance of winning the last two games but the care factor here would be even less (if that was possible?) than the Titans game.

Agree totally ... except the bit about losing tomorrow night ,,, we will flog the cats!

Sounds like it's more about positioning to avoid a payout at this stage - and Barrett is getting played and would be better advised to keep his mouth shut and just let his players do the talking on the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8