The Owners speak

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
While club owners Rick and Scott Penn have not been heard from during the troubled 2018 season that has seen talk of the Many Sea Eagles being moved to Perth, Queensland or even New Zealand and coach Trent Barrett resigning with two years to go on his contract amid a potential player revolt over facilities and conditions. Fans and members have been kept in the cold by the owners who will soon be breaking their silence. Not to be open and transparent but to ask for memberships. They will hold their hand out and say that is so important, now more than ever that the club is 'stronger together' and how much difference your membership makes.

Hi Scotty.

They've been speaking through their communications manager

Manly Sea Eagles: Does the club need to relocate?
LEAGUE

• Their results on the field don't hold a candle to the issues of it. Salary cap dramas, Gladstone curfew breaches, bickering among the playing group and coaching staff, the list goes on.

Peter Peters, a former Sea Eagles player and current media consultant for the club, was distressed when discussing the future of his beloved club.

"They're in a deep hole whichever way you look at it," Peters told Sporting News.

"The club has been in holes before and have come out of it, but, I've got to say, that's the third home game virtually in succession and the fans just ignored it. 6000 is a terrible crowd, particularly when you get charged $45,000 from the council to rent the horrible old place.

"It's a major concern at the moment. How long do the owners keep putting money into the club when there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel?

"If something happens with Brookvale, I think they can fight their way back. But, if not, they've got to seriously look at where they play."

Dean Ritchie asked the question that no Sea Eagles fans will want to hear asked.

"Are you suggesting relocation?" Ritchie inquired.

While Zorba didn't necessarily believe the club was in that much strife, he was honest about the facilities at Manly's disposal.

"I'm not suggesting it, but I'm saying that if they keep getting 6000 fans, and they pay an exorbitant amount for a dump with goalposts, do the sums," Peters replied.

"How long can the Penn family keep putting money into the club?"

The Penn family has been in charge at Brookie since 2007, and despite the club's success in the initial period of their tenure, generally, the family isn't well received by the public.

"I can't believe the bagging they get for the money that the family puts in. They saved that goddamn club many times, and these ignorant punters want to keep bagging them," Ritchie said.

"But Zorba, if they move to Allianz, ANZ or Gosford, Manly as we know it would cease to exist."

Peters was adamant that the club would continue its downward trend if Brookvale Oval continues to sit there and rot. There has been speculation that renovations will take place at the ground for years, but nothing has happened.

"Bulldog, look, it's the club I love, I would bleed for Manly, it breaks my heart, but I'm sick and tired of hearing that something is going to happen at Brookvale," Peters said.

"We've had prime ministers and premiers from the area that have promised it, but nothing has ever happened.

"I've got serious concerns about its immediate future, that's what I'm more concerned about. 6000 in the crowd isn't going to cut it.

There is always chatter among NRL pundits that Manly fans don't travel to support their team. Among the Sea Eagles' faithful, they'll tell you that there is nothing better on god's green earth than a Sunday afternoon game at Brookvale Oval, but the last two games have seen shocking crowds venture to the ground.

"I'm sick of Manly fans saying, 'give us afternoon football, we don't want night football," Ritchie said.

"The last two matches have been afternoon games against two Sydney clubs, the Roosters and Penrith, and you've got a combined total of 15,000.

"6000 on the weekend and I looked at the paper the next day, and Richmond played at the MCG with 88,000. I know it's apples and oranges, but the comparison has never been further apart when you look at those figures."

Peters believes the NRL has to get involved in order for Manly to stabilise.

"What does the NRL do about trying to look at a way through for the most successful club of the modern era?" Peters asked.

"We're not talking about a club that doesn't have a history of success. The NRL doesn't seem to want to do anything.

"They need to sit down with the club and work their way through it. Don't let a great club wither on the vine and die."

Ritchie is confident the league won't step in and help the club, despite their history.

"The NRL has already stated numerous times that they will not come in and financially help clubs now, they've done it previously but everyone needs to stand on their own two feet," Ritchie explained.

"If you can't, then they'll drop out and an expansion club will be brought in.

"It would be a tragic day if Manly ever left, but there are some signs there that if they did fall over, the NRL wouldn't bail them out."
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...gosford-penn-family/lfupiqdi259w1lx4srnexbwhp

I honestly believe Zorba is losing his marbles .... he is becoming incoherent and inconsistent on almost any topic ...

PSS ... I shouldn't have to help Ritchie and Zorba ... but .... I think the lack of crowds might have something to do with results and running of the club .... rather than the state of Brookie .... you pair of numb-nutts!

• "6000 on the weekend and I looked at the paper the next day, and Richmond played at the MCG with 88,000. I know it's apples and oranges, but the comparison has never been further apart when you look at those figures."
Yes, let's compare apples and oranges, really?
Okay, they're both fruit.

Richmond v Collingwood on a Friday night at the MCG?
The current premiers and odds on favourites to win it again v the club with arguably the largest supporter base in the country.

Why not quote how comparable our crowd was compared with what the Suns or Western Bulldogs have been getting in their state of the art stadiums?
Or that GWS have seven of the lowest home game attendances this year?

No, wouldn't suit the agenda would it?

See, anyone can quote stats and crowd figures to paint the picture they want to sell.
It never ceases to amaze me that these league writers don't care what they write as long as they get click bait, it's the game that keeps them in their jobs, idiots!

#boothepennboozorbatoo

It's because the owner has no idea and listens to Zorba the club is a mess. They will try and blame the council, the ground, even you and me.
Give it to em.
It really ****s me that these grubs,ripped the heart & soul out of the Club,because of a vendetta. Now they are blaming the fans for not showing up to watch a mediocre,poorly coached,very poorly managed Sea Eagles side.
All that is happening to this once great club, started with their clean out of Toovey,Singe & staff. Zorba & The Penn’s can spin all the ****e they want.

It really ****s me that these grubs,ripped the heart & soul out of the Club,because of a vendetta. Now they are blaming the fans for not showing up to watch a mediocre,poorly coached,very poorly managed Sea Eagles side.
All that is happening to this once great club, started with their clean out of Toovey,Singe & staff. Zorba & The Penn’s can spin all the ****e they want.
What amazes me (and amuses me at the same time) is that they've got mouthpiece Zorba out there openly wondering why they're not universally beloved. How dare we not be grateful for everything they've done.

I honestly believe Zorba is losing his marbles .... he is becoming incoherent and inconsistent on almost any topic ...

PSS ... I shouldn't have to help Ritchie and Zorba ... but .... I think the lack of crowds might have something to do with results and running of the club .... rather than the state of Brookie .... you pair of numb-nutts!
We all know Zorba should have gone years ago. The problem is, they'd probably replace him with Bob Katter.

Ritchie is confident the league won't step in and help the club, despite their history. "The NRL has already stated numerous times that they will not come in and financially help clubs now, they've done it previously but everyone needs to stand on their own two feet," Ritchie explained. . .
Here we go. The NRL is doing its groundwork. Happy to save the Titans, Newcastle, St George (have I missed anyone) financially but not Manly.
It's only a matter of time before we are forced to amalgamate or relocate.
Let's hope Lyle and others with a brain in the organisation has a Plan B.

Manly Sea Eagles: Does the club need to relocate?
LEAGUE

• Their results on the field don't hold a candle to the issues of it. Salary cap dramas, Gladstone curfew breaches, bickering among the playing group and coaching staff, the list goes on.

Peter Peters, a former Sea Eagles player and current media consultant for the club, was distressed when discussing the future of his beloved club.

"They're in a deep hole whichever way you look at it," Peters told Sporting News.

"The club has been in holes before and have come out of it, but, I've got to say, that's the third home game virtually in succession and the fans just ignored it. 6000 is a terrible crowd, particularly when you get charged $45,000 from the council to rent the horrible old place.

"It's a major concern at the moment. How long do the owners keep putting money into the club when there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel?

"If something happens with Brookvale, I think they can fight their way back. But, if not, they've got to seriously look at where they play."

Dean Ritchie asked the question that no Sea Eagles fans will want to hear asked.

"Are you suggesting relocation?" Ritchie inquired.

While Zorba didn't necessarily believe the club was in that much strife, he was honest about the facilities at Manly's disposal.

"I'm not suggesting it, but I'm saying that if they keep getting 6000 fans, and they pay an exorbitant amount for a dump with goalposts, do the sums," Peters replied.

"How long can the Penn family keep putting money into the club?"

The Penn family has been in charge at Brookie since 2007, and despite the club's success in the initial period of their tenure, generally, the family isn't well received by the public.

"I can't believe the bagging they get for the money that the family puts in. They saved that goddamn club many times, and these ignorant punters want to keep bagging them," Ritchie said.

"But Zorba, if they move to Allianz, ANZ or Gosford, Manly as we know it would cease to exist."

Peters was adamant that the club would continue its downward trend if Brookvale Oval continues to sit there and rot. There has been speculation that renovations will take place at the ground for years, but nothing has happened.

"Bulldog, look, it's the club I love, I would bleed for Manly, it breaks my heart, but I'm sick and tired of hearing that something is going to happen at Brookvale," Peters said.

"We've had prime ministers and premiers from the area that have promised it, but nothing has ever happened.

"I've got serious concerns about its immediate future, that's what I'm more concerned about. 6000 in the crowd isn't going to cut it.

There is always chatter among NRL pundits that Manly fans don't travel to support their team. Among the Sea Eagles' faithful, they'll tell you that there is nothing better on god's green earth than a Sunday afternoon game at Brookvale Oval, but the last two games have seen shocking crowds venture to the ground.

"I'm sick of Manly fans saying, 'give us afternoon football, we don't want night football," Ritchie said.

"The last two matches have been afternoon games against two Sydney clubs, the Roosters and Penrith, and you've got a combined total of 15,000.

"6000 on the weekend and I looked at the paper the next day, and Richmond played at the MCG with 88,000. I know it's apples and oranges, but the comparison has never been further apart when you look at those figures."

Peters believes the NRL has to get involved in order for Manly to stabilise.

"What does the NRL do about trying to look at a way through for the most successful club of the modern era?" Peters asked.

"We're not talking about a club that doesn't have a history of success. The NRL doesn't seem to want to do anything.

"They need to sit down with the club and work their way through it. Don't let a great club wither on the vine and die."

Ritchie is confident the league won't step in and help the club, despite their history.

"The NRL has already stated numerous times that they will not come in and financially help clubs now, they've done it previously but everyone needs to stand on their own two feet," Ritchie explained.

"If you can't, then they'll drop out and an expansion club will be brought in.

"It would be a tragic day if Manly ever left, but there are some signs there that if they did fall over, the NRL wouldn't bail them out."
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...gosford-penn-family/lfupiqdi259w1lx4srnexbwhp

**** off Zorba you fat ****

Wow.... why did I read that.

It has made me so incredibly angry.

Honestly the Penn consortium have no idea of how to run a club and the comments made by the media spin doctor Zorba are truly unbelievabe. He is incredibly unprofessional and simply has no idea either.

It is no secret that owning an NRL club is not the most profitable thing to do. But it can be be and I am not going to come up with a business plan tp show them how. If they dont know already, but here is a little hint. Take care of the people and the money will come......simple really.

We have some amazing talent in the Turbos, Parker, Walker, AFB and Chez etc and an amazing and passionate core supporter base.

So we have a good product (the team) and consumers (the fans) that will buy it, so what is the problem?

Well the product and the consumers are not being managed well at all.

And clearly these sentiments from Zorba show apathy and yet again he blames the consumers. And he shows complete lack of intelligence.

Why the CEO turnover, why is Trent walking out, why has there been a high staff turnover, why are some positions at Sea Eagles head quarters still vacant, why do players want to leave and why are fans getting frustrated.

Hmm something tells me it lays solely with the owners and the way the franchise is being run.

Wow.... why did I read that.

It has made me so incredibly angry.

Honestly the Penn consortium have no idea of how to run a club and the comments made by the media spin doctor Zorba are truly unbelievabe. He is incredibly unprofessional and simply has no idea either.

It is no secret that owning an NRL club is not the most profitable thing to do. But it can be be and I am not going to come up with a business plan tp show them how. If they dont know already, but here is a little hint. Take care of the people and the money will come......simple really.

We have some amazing talent in the Turbos, Parker, Walker, AFB and Chez etc and an amazing and passionate core supporter base.

So we have a good product (the team) and consumers (the fans) that will buy it, so what is the problem?

Well the product and the consumers are not being managed well at all.

And clearly these sentiments from Zorba show apathy and yet again he blames the consumers. And he shows complete lack of intelligence.

Why the CEO turnover, why is Trent walking out, why has there been a high staff turnover, why are some positions at Sea Eagles head quarters still vacant, why do players want to leave and why are fans getting frustrated.

Hmm something tells me it lays solely with the owners and the way the franchise is being run.
I was enjoying reading your post until you suggested that Brad Parker is an amazing talent.

Or they could just make a donation on their way out!

They've bled the place dry and wouldn't piss on the franchise if it was on fire.

Ritchie also.said they are tired of.tipping in $1M a season and want the club to run like Souths. Never laughed so hard in my life when i heard that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8