The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hope media is happy. Because FOX impartiality have been bashing Schuster on "800k"... which he's not. The RLPA will 100% not make players salary public for clarity around the salary cap for fans now

Happy for Schuster and the club anyways(:) his manager IMO is the one that hasn't done his reputation any favours but I'm sure he's determined to reach his potential and play consistent good footy for the maroon and white🦅

Excellent news, it’s now official!
Very interesting the way news is broken, sometimes no doubt a club will tip off a certain journo even though there's been no official club announcement, other times a player manager will do the same, or even plant a slightly misleading story.
Must admit I have wondered if it was Manly or Tartak who anonymously broke the story about Latu being given permission to look around. Can't quite work it out but I suspect it was the club leaking that story, not Tartak.

“Josh has shown his commitment to playing his best football in a Sea Eagles jersey by signing long term for our club on less financial terms than he could of got elsewhere and for less than his current contract,’’

Of course it matters what they’re on. If it didn’t, the NRL would be a communist community and every player would earn an even share on the generated income. If you pay overs for players, you assemble a squad that is out of shape and lacking the necessary elements to challenge for a premiership.

It’s all hypotheticals but Schu on 500k instead of 800k could be the difference between signing a decent 9 down the track or being stuck with Croker. I’m not suggesting that Manly have made a mistake and to be honest, I tend to think it’ll end up being a good move, I’m just of the opinion that it does matter what you pay a player. I also think the majority of coaches and NRL administrators feel the same, or they wouldn’t negotiate, they’d just pluck a random figure out of the sky because ‘it doesn’t matter’.

Apology accepted. Your little tirad of crap over the past few days of 800K, as I said the 800K was not correct logically or business wise - yet you ke flowing the schiit over and over.

Where is the apology to young Schu?

Last edited:
Very interesting the way news is broken, sometimes no doubt a club will tip off a certain journo even though there's been no official club announcement, other times a player manager will do the same, or even plant a slightly misleading story.
Must admit I have wondered if it was Manly or Tartak who anonymously broke the story about Latu being given permission to look around. Can't quite work it out but I suspect it was the club leaking that story, not Tartak.
I tend to think it was Tartak who planted that in the media about Latu (I won’t say “leaked” yet, because that would suggest there is some truth in it).

I think Tartak may have heard through the player manager grapevine that Manly were signing Brooks & realising his hold over the club re: the 5/8th position was weakening, planted the Latu story as a last ditch effort to regain some control.

I remember when the Latu rumour first broke, it was said to be a straight swap for Talau but as yet, the club has only confirmed they’ve signed Talau & made no mention of Latu.

It may well turn out to be true but I’ll wait until there’s an official announcement from the club before believing it.

“Josh has shown his commitment to playing his best football in a Sea Eagles jersey by signing long term for our club on less financial terms than he could of got elsewhere and for less than his current contract,’’

Fantastic news for Manly, for Schuster and maybe even for all the ill informed ignorant Schu haters

Fantastic news for Manly, for Schuster and maybe even for all the ill informed ignorant Schu haters
Not outing myself as a Schu hater or muppet here , but I’ve always thought it was Tartak behind the demands, not Schuster.

Maybe Schuster has finally reminded Tartak that he (Schuster) is the one who employs him (Tartak) to do a job, not the other way around.

I like Schuster, I don’t like Tartak.

800k for Schuster would have been ridiculous. I am assuming he will be on 500-600k, which is probably a fair price.

Apology accepted. Your little tirad of crap over the past few days of 800K, as I said the 800K was not correct logically or business wise - yet you ke flowing the schiit over and over.

Where is the apology to young Schu?
I am a fan of Schu and am just interested in discussing footballing matters. I never accused him of anything. You obviously really love him and have a deep desire to obsessively defend him, which I’m finding a bit weird. A complete stranger’s opinion on the alleged contract value of a footballer should not arouse this level of emotion in you; it’s unhealthy.

If you’re going to lash out emotionally, it might be best if we just ignore each other. I don’t care enough to get into a battle of wits with you on the forum. I don’t know you personally and it doesn’t really interest me to have a running battle with you. Let’s just talk footy or call it a day 👍

Last edited:
Very heartening to read that Boldy has a plan, that The Shoe has accepted an offer less than elsewhere and that he has bought into the vision.
Imagine the strike power we could have next season if Turbo is fit, plus DCE, Brooks, The Shoe, Sandwich, Saab and Koala. On paper our roster is looking good.

Just goes to show how the media spin BS figures on what players are paid. NRL 360 virtually did a whole segment assuming he was going to be paid $800k a season as a lock.
Anyway one point that these so called experts forgot to consider when comparing Schuster to what other locks are supposedly paid was that Schu has the capacity to play longer minutes than most other locks , that’s got to add some additional value don’t you think?

I am a fan of Schu and am just interested in discussing footballing matters. I never accused him of anything. You obviously really love him and have a deep desire to obsessively defend him, which I’m finding a bit weird. A complete stranger’s opinion on the alleged contract value of a footballer should not arouse this level of emotion in you; it’s unhealthy.

If you’re going to lash out emotionally, it might be best if we just ignore each other. I don’t care enough to get into a battle of wits with you on the forum. I don’t know you personally and it doesn’t really interest me to have a running battle with you. Let’s just talk footy or call it a day 👍

I am a fan of Schu, that's all - any other weirdness inferred says something about yourself. No emotion from me - it's a bit of fun, after all it's only footy.
I find it quite strange the number of negative posters based on BS media stories.

You spent the last few days not discussing Schu's footy ability but going on and on about the reported 800k and how it was to he destabilising for Manly. I told you not to believe the stories and even gave some logic behind my views. You chose to ignore that and still go on and on about the 800k that Schu was supposed signed for.

Now that you are completely wrong, you want to discuss footy. LOL

That is all I have been trying to discuss.

Perhaps in future you may not cast negative aspersion on Manly footy players based entirely on media speculation before any official statement is made.

Quite strange for Manly as part of it's media release to mention Schu re-signed for less than his current contract and outside offers. This directly was to quash the media rumours that you happily used as facts.

Last edited:
Muppets on silvertails I won’t hear of it 😂

9SDdG2.jpg

I am a fan of Schu, that's all - any other weirdness inferred says something about yourself. No emotion from me - it's a bit of fun, after all it's only footy.
I find it quite strange the number of negative posters based on BS media stories.

You spent the last few days not discussing Schu's footy ability but going on and on about the reported 800k and how it was to he destabilising for Manly. I told you not to believe the stories and even gave some logic behind my views. You chose to ignore that and still go on and on about the 800k that Schu was supposed signed for.

Now that you are completely wrong, you want to discuss footy. LOL

That is all I have been trying to discuss.

Perhaps in future you may not cast negative aspersion on Manly footy players based entirely on media speculation before any official statement is made.

Quite strange for Manly as part of it's media release to mention Schu re-signed for less than his current contract and outside offers. This directly was to quash the media rumours that you happily used as facts.
I never stated they were facts, I was discussing hypotheticals and used low modality language. Further, when I say talk footy, I mean footy related matters, like contracts and salary cap, as opposed to getting personal and calling each other names like muppets and demanding apologies and what not. That’s playground stuff and not why I use the forum.

Last edited:
Well clearly once again the media bullsht around salaries has tied everyone up in knots again. Great work getting the Schu signed up for what sounds like a fair price. It really does sound like Mestrov and Seibold are trying to build a roster capable of challenging. Players are making all the right noises. It will be very interesting how the squad reacts and plays for the rest of the season. No one is expecting miracles here but to see them competitive and enthusiastic would be a start in the right direction. A good chance for them to develop for the next 8 weeks without relying all on Turbo to do it.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8