The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really happy to see Schu very focused & in a positive mind frame - he obviously paid zero attention to the criticism & BS in the social/media over the past month or so.

He’s also displaying an assertiveness I hadn’t noticed before, perhaps due to his shyness. He seems much more comfortable in front of the camera & answering questions than before.

Agree completely. I gathered he was quite shy and easily affected by criticisms or injuries that put him out for a while. Suspected depression was a factor. With a good sense of personal worth and drive, he seems to be flowering. Hope it continues.

Rothfield writing some utter rubbish in his column about how the tigers are waiting for schuster to decide whether he will
Be going there before they offer brooks an extension. Went on to talk about his relationship with Scott Fulton etc.

He must have missed the press conference on Wednesday when schuster stated that he is very close to the Fultons however he is a manly junior and is going nowhere and he wouldn’t even consider leaving manly.

Rothfield writing some utter rubbish in his column about how the tigers are waiting for schuster to decide whether he will
Be going there before they offer brooks an extension. Went on to talk about his relationship with Scott Fulton etc.

He must have missed the press conference on Wednesday when schuster stated that he is very close to the Fultons however he is a manly junior and is going nowhere and he wouldn’t even consider leaving manly.
Click bait.

Click bait.

I watch 'ice' hokey over here and there are quite a few shows where the panel talk about the game, tactics, players' performances, etc.

I can't help but feel sorry for the footy public who should have the same opportunity but all the journos want to be is gossip morons.

"Let's talk about the game."

"Nah, lets talk about this rumour I made up about a player's dad being close with the uncle of the coach who is also the step father of the recruitment manager who's wife once operated on his ruptured knee. - guarantee that means this player is going to sign for the Icelandic glacier goblins for 6 mill a year."

It's such a disservice to the fans. No wonder there's so many podcasts out there.

I watch 'ice' hokey over here and there are quite a few shows where the panel talk about the game, tactics, players' performances, etc.

I can't help but feel sorry for the footy public who should have the same opportunity but all the journos want to be is gossip morons.

"Nah, lets talk about this rumour I made up about a player's dad being close with the uncle of the coach who is also the step father of the recruitment manager who's wife once operated on his ruptured knee. - guarantee that means this player is going to sign for the Icelandic glacier goblins for 6 mill a year."

It's such a disservice to the fans. No wonder there's so many podcasts out there.
So true what you are saying. The Matty Johns podcast is a good watch wheee he and Cooper Cronk do more analysis of the games.

Buzz knows all about ice as he swirls it around his glass wondering if this rubbish is more sensational than the previous garbage he spat out.

I can't speak about the quality of any footy podcast, because I don't listen to any, sorry.

It was more a commentary on how other sports can fill airtime with actual non gossip sporting news, and also if shows on tv were decent, maybe there wouldn't be 500 podcasts out there.

the second assumption may be a bit tenuous, but the rubbish you're forced to read/listen/ or watch is disappointing.
Been a bit chilly here the last day or two. How on earth do you cope with a cold climate, lol!! I guess you have a decent coat. And mittens?
Gucci Mane Jeezy GIF by Verzuz

No it must be true. Tartak had lunch with Wests managment, so obviously it must be Schuster they are talking about. This guy is an absolute flog of a journo. I wonder if Tartak has only 1 player he manages.

If these two can see the potential greatness of the Shoe, I am baffled how some dribblers on this site can write him off so soon.
Schu is the Manly version of Brookes or Chris Sandow for that matter… we will never navigate deep into finals whilst we base our side on him…
Sure, every now and then he’ll remind you of how much skill he has but there are plenty of park footballers with natural skill…
Josh is not a leader and his defensive reads and effort remind me of Suli…

Just curious

how many of the people who complain about trash journalism do things like

click and read , the number 1 issue
Be outraged
compare it to treatment someone at our club received
be Judgey MF
hang on other clubs having misdemeanours
call for death by shaming

just feeding the flock, cant throw stones if you eat at the table

Schu is the Manly version of Brookes or Chris Sandow for that matter… we will never navigate deep into finals whilst we base our side on him…
Sure, every now and then he’ll remind you of how much skill he has but there are plenty of park footballers with natural skill…

Not sure I agree there Frank. He's potentially far more talented than Sandow and I suspect will be better than Brookes.

We've seen a very disrupted entry into first grade through injury and what I considered the wrong position at second row, which caused a number of issues relating to weight and confidence. Not saying he didnt bring some of that on himself, just that it hasnt been the best of introductions.

Defensively I think its forgotten that while playing second row, in 2021 he had one of the highest tackling rate per game at Manly (only Jake and Croker were higher) and he was one of the few who was always on the field for the full match. He has a recorded tackle efficiency rating of 87.2%. Yet the tackling machine Parker only has a rating of 85.8%, Koula 83%. Certainly he's missed a few in his last game but he's only played 4 games this season and only two fully fit so though he missed a few in his last game, he's only just getting back into full fitness.

2022 was a bad year I know but I suspect this kid operates emotionally and relies on confidence. This recent comment about being the best in the game suggests he has the drive, but also suffers confidence loss when things go wrong (probably eats more when dealing with things not working out). He'll get better. He's still a kid.

Why wouldn't you back the kid?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4