The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was during the Turbo title wave. They offer very little strike and I am also concerned about this game. IMO their centres are more dangerous than ours. One game we should win and really need to win. We need to play disciplined football and maintain possession. We let last weeks game slip through our fingers we really need the 2 points this week.

We also had a very experienced five eighth and the fastest winger in the NRL.

yes we did ... but that doesn't change the fact that our 2 centres were Harper and Parker ...

Just as our 2 centres tomorrow will be Harper and Parker ....

I'm not saying that they were the reason for us flogging teams ... just as people can't say they are the reason we won't.

I'm not saying that they were the reason for us flogging teams ... just as people can't say they are the reason we won't.
True, but it can be said our backline for tomorrow is less potent than it was in 2021.

Hopefully, DCE has a blinder, as he did in last year's game v. Raiders - probably the best kicking performance by any player in 2022.

My memory is going ... but wasn't Parker and Harper the centres in '21 when we put 40 points on teams every week ?

Your 2021 memory serves you right as it was a Turbos peak season domination where he single handedly dominated games with solo tries and try assists

If you also remember In the finals when the top finals contenders worked out how to shut Tom down the Parker Harper centre combination was ineffective and unable to compensate the shut down of Tom.

Schu's injuries are frustrating but what position he is playing doesn't really affect that - he was still having trouble with his calf when he was much heavier and playing in the forwards. He is still best at 5/8 and just isn't having much luck lately.

With that said, if this is a constant and ongoing thing I wouldn't mind seeing him move to lock and Weekes taking over at 6 so we have some stability in the spine. But if Johns is seen as our main backup half then **** that

Looked pretty stiff and sore at Mudgee, and I'm so helpfully informed he didn't actually play the Knights game by @XV-1......what Shu was doing, or more importantly, not doing, during the captains run last Friday was proof enough for me that he was a long shot for the Panthers as well.

I hope I am so wrong ... but I'm starting to think issues other than injury are at play ...

PPS .... ( I have no inside knowledge ).

What a surprise, unsubstantiated rumours and innuendo from Woodhead.

If you have nothing to add of any substance or fact, why open that giant mouth of yours.

I hope I am so wrong ... but I'm starting to think issues other than injury are at play ...

PPS .... ( I have no inside knowledge ).

I doubt it Woodsie. He made such an effort to be ready this season specifically for the 5/8 position. I dont think he'd now want to cruel that be missing games.

Is he maybe overtraining?

Hooked on training hard after his preseason efforts to lose weight & get fit & now maybe overdoes it a bit in between games?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4