The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bill Knowles says “ hi”

Otherwise he might have a career of in or out , with more out , than in !!

And yes I’m aware of how some might read that comment ( you dirty bastards 😂😂).

Bill Knowles says “ hi”

Otherwise he might have a career of in or out , with more out , than in !!

And yes I’m aware of how some might read that comment ( you dirty bastards 😂😂).
in and out fingering GIF

Schu's injuries are frustrating but what position he is playing doesn't really affect that - he was still having trouble with his calf when he was much heavier and playing in the forwards. He is still best at 5/8 and just isn't having much luck lately.

With that said, if this is a constant and ongoing thing I wouldn't mind seeing him move to lock and Weekes taking over at 6 so we have some stability in the spine. But if Johns is seen as our main backup half then **** that

I think he is more suited to playing lock than five-eight. I also think he can be more involved and obviously play both sides of the field as a ball-playing lock. The idea of playing Weekes on the left, DCE on the right, and then having Schuster in the middle would give us many more options than we have right now. At the end of the day, it's just a number after all. Unfortunately, the common sense and obvious advantages involved in making this call will preclude it from ever happening.

I really like the look of this team for later in the year.

T. Trbojevic
J. Saab
B. Parker
T. Koula
R. Garrick
K. Weekes
D. Cherry-Evans
T. Paseka
L. Croker
J. Trbojevic
H. Olakau'atu
K. Tuilagi
J. Schuster

G Chan Kum Tong/K. Lawton
E. Bullemor/T. Sipley
S. Fainu/B. Trbojevic
J. Aloiai/S. Keppie

Last edited:
Seriously, this guy is out for a second consecutive week with a cork. This is the guy who worked his butt off all off-season to get ready and he continues to break down. Manly are the best at finding top shelf talent whom struggle to stay on the field.

We cannot move forward with a spine consisting of a non-hooker and two porcelain dolls.

I think he is more suited to playing lock than five-eight. I also think he can be more involved and obviously play both sides of the field as a ball-playing lock. The idea of playing Weekes on the left, DCE on the right, and then having Schuster in the middle would give us many more options than we have right now. At the end of the day, it's just a number after all. Unfortunately, the common sense and obvious advantages involved in making this call will preclude it from ever happening.

I really like the look of this team for later in the year.

T. Trbojevic
J. Saab
B. Parker
T. Koula
R. Garrick
K. Weekes
D. Cherry-Evans
T. Paseka
L. Croker
J. Trbojevic
H. Olakau'atu
K. Tuilagi
J. Schuster

G Chan Kum Tong/K. Lawton
E. Bullemor/T. Sipley
S. Fainu/B. Trbojevic
J. Aloiai/S. Keppie

The other advantage of playing Schuster at lock is based on minimising disruption to the regular seventeen. We have Aloia, Lawton, Jake, Bullemore and Fainu, who can all cover the lock spot.

Lawton is the obvious candidate to come in when Schuster has another injury, and he could be trained to duplicate most of Schusters attacking shapes at lock. This won't work for his more instinctive plays, obviously. Lawton was a five-eight initially, who was then manufactured into a hooker and then into the back row. He debuted as a centre in the NRL and played a few more games for the Warriors at centre. I think he would make an ideal ball-playing lock, based on his versatility, fitness and his tackle efficiency.

As for Schusters next injury, it's not a question of if but when, unfortunately. Schuster at lock also provides Weekes with a permanent starting spot in the thirteen and more balance to the bench. We then have Humphries to cover DCE and Johns to cover Weekes etc. Overall, the squad looks way more balanced with Schuster at lock. His combination with DCE looks extremely clunky right now, and I feel that the DCE/Weekes halves combination would develop more naturally than what we see now with DCE/Schuster.

Last edited:
The other advantage of playing Schuster at lock is based on minimising disruption to the regular seventeen. We have Aloia, Lawton, Jake, Bullemore and Fainu who can all cover the lock spot.

Lawton is the obvious candidate to come in when Schuster has another injury, and he could be trained to duplicate most of Schusters attacking shapes at lock. This won't work for his more instinctive plays obviously. Lawton was a five-eight originally, who was then manufactured into a hooker, and then into the back row. He debuted as a centre in the NRL and played a few more games for the Warriors at centre as well.

As for Schusters next injury, it's not a question of if but when, unfortunately. Schuster at lock also provides Weekes with a permanent starting spot in the thirteen and more balance to the bench. We then have Humphries to cover DCE and Johns to cover Weekes etc Overall, the squad looks way more balanced with Schuster at lock. Right now his combination with DCE looks extremely clunk, and I have a feeling that the DCE/Weekes halves combination would develop more naturally than what we are seeing now with DCE/Schuster.

Eagles. Surely its evident by now that Schuster in the forwards is a waste of talent. He did well in 2021 but was playing second fiddle in attack. He's a ball playing five eighth. He cant effectively use that ball playing skill at lock.In his first game this year he set up three tires. That wouldnt happen if he was playing lock. His greatest asset is his skill at setting up others, just like Lyons. Later in his career maybe, but surely you dont inhibit the best skill a player has. Like playing Turbo at hooker. Totally eliminates the best element of his game. Play Schuster at lock and he spends his time tackling and out of the central focus of the attacking play

This injury is a corked thigh, which is an impact injury. Most of them are caused by copping a knee in a tackle. Not related to workload at all. The calf strains maybe but not this one.
That’s one hell of a cork… Big Show off the top rope driving a knee into the quads level cork.

Eagles. Surely its evident by now that Schuster in the forwards is a waste of talent. He did well in 2021 but was playing second fiddle in attack. He's a ball playing five eighth. He cant effectively use that ball playing skill at lock.In his first game this year he set up three tires. That wouldnt happen if he was playing lock. His greatest asset is his skill at setting up others, just like Lyons. Later in his career maybe, but surely you dont inhibit the best skill a player has. Like playing Turbo at hooker. Totally eliminates the best element of his game. Play Schuster at lock and he spends his time tackling and out of the central focus of the attacking play
Schu on the sideline is the real waste of talent.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6