The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously a man of character. Then again one of my closest mates and one of my nephews both came from Narrabeen and both support Parramatta. How can that be? Even worse the nephew's family know the Trbojevic family. I've tried to show the nephew the error of his ways without the slightest smidgen of success. The mate I gave up on correcting his evil ways decades ago.
Ouch! The nephew story is particularly painful. You know there are medical procedures that can correct this problem, right. I'll arrange this neurologist I know and you just have to work out how you get the family to the clinic (to be divulged closer to the date) without them realising what's going to happen. In a few weeks time they'll be sitting in their members seat on the 50 m line in the Jane Try Stand. No worries!

Ouch! The nephew story is particularly painful. You know there are medical procedures that can correct this problem, right. I'll arrange this neurologist I know and you just have to work out how you get the family to the clinic (to be divulged closer to the date) without them realising what's going to happen. In a few weeks time they'll be sitting in their members seat on the 50 m line in the Jane Try Stand. No worries!
I have had some success preforming an eelectomy and eagle augmentation. Let me know if your guy needs a hand.

Must have had a very understanding household coming to terms with the so called , Fibros - Silvertails era . [ just joking ] Actually used to hear plenty of references at the time of there being plenty of fibro houses in the northern beaches area as well Bet the Zip Zip man was even hard to contain as a school kid
I grew up in a weather board shack at Nth Narrabeen, the fact is the Northern beaches were mostly swamp land back in day and the only people who lived there were people who couldn't afford to live in Sydney.

Annoying thing is the nephew is a nice kid, father of three, tradesperson, very supprting of his ailing mother. How can someone so good fall to such depths as supporting the Eels. Horrifying thought. I'm checking the water

For some reason this interview doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe it's the luke warm response from Seibold, maybe it's the amount of work that's having to be done in both attack and defence by the coaches, maybe it's a sense of arrogance without results, or maybe it's the shot at the sausage roll eaters 😉🤣:
“I grew up playing five-eighth, so I’m looking forward to it. I never feel pressure. I love the game, I love footy. I laugh [at the critics]. They don’t know what they’re saying. I know what I’m capable of and I know what my potential is.

“The ones who say it are probably saying it while sitting on a couch and eating.”

“The ones who say it are probably saying it while sitting on a couch and eating.”

Tbf fair he is probably right with a lot of the critics 😂😂

Big year for him, good that he has confidence but he needs to back it up

SMH article

Schuster hungry to swoop on Sea Eagles No.6 jersey

Josh Schuster has laughed at suggestions he is too heavy to play in the Manly halves, and declared he’s out to prove he has what it takes to make the five-eighth position his own this season.

On Friday night, after Kalyn Ponga gets his first hit-out in the Newcastle No. 6 jersey on the Central Coast, Schuster will give Sea Eagles supporters their first glimpse of what life will be like without Kieran Foran.

Schuster has worked hard to slim down in the off-season, tipping the scales 15kg lighter than this time last year, and even skipped the World Cup with Samoa to be in the best condition to make an immediate impression alongside Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves.

“Obviously last year I had a disappointing season, but I’ll get the first opportunity at five-eighth, and I want to prove to people I am a five-eighth,” Schuster said.

1676324066967.png

“I grew up playing five-eighth, so I’m looking forward to it. I never feel pressure. I love the game, I love footy. I laugh [at the critics]. They don’t know what they’re saying. I know what I’m capable of and I know what my potential is.

Schuster’s size has often been a hot topic for fans, with Immortal Andrew Johns last year criticising the 21-year-old for being “too big” and not fit enough, despite possessing an abundance of natural talent.

But the message from new coach Anthony Seibold has been simple for Schuster.

“Seibs wants me to work hard, work on my body, and the results will come on the back of that,” he said. “I haven’t weighed myself in a while, but I definitely feel good.”

Schuster was forced to wait for his five-eighth wish while Foran was on the northern beaches. There was talk Schuster was prepared to walk if he had to wait much longer for the halves move.

Foran was more than a decade older than Schuster, but the 2011 premiership winner had an impressive work ethic and brilliant on-field chemistry with Cherry-Evans.

Schuster said he was grateful to learn from Foran, while Seibold backed the new playmaker to quickly hit it off with DCE.

“He is a smart footy player, very skilful, and with Chezza’s experience and ability to get a team around the field, Josh doesn’t have to worry about that,” Seibold said.

“Josh just has to make sure he has good communication with his edge, links with Chez and Tommy [Trbojevic]. The thing about him is he plays really direct at the line.

“Flanno [assistant coach Shane Flanagan] has worked really closely with him in attack, I have worked really closely with him in defence, so let’s see what he can do.

“He doesn’t have to play pretty. The whole pre-season has been focused on doing the simple things really well ... he has set himself up for a good season.”

Cooper Johns is another halves option for Manly after switching from the Storm in the off-season, while there are long-term high hopes at the club for Latu Fainu, who is still only 17.

or some reason this interview doesn't fill me with confidence.
I didn't read it quite like that. Yeah probably having a go at the sausage roll eaters, because he copped it mercilessly over his weight last year.
But I'm glad Schu is confident, and glad the coaches are working very closely with him and want to him to get the basics first, "he doesn't have to play pretty" is actually good to hear.
Anyhow it will be great to watch him have a run at 5/8 against the Chookies, NRL season fast approaching!

To me Latu Fainu is the only true challenge in the club to Schuster's 5/8 role. Both a level above the competitors, though Weekes may surprise in time. It will be very interesting as to how Manly handle the Schuster/Fainu battle when it arrives. Some say Schuster to lock. Some say Fainu to half Whatever happens Manly must keep both. 2024 will be an interesting year

Schuster after been playing out of position for the last 2 years knows it is his time to perform in the position he preferred from the beginning of his FG career .Looks like the new coaches are on the same page and it is now time to unleash all his frustrations on the opposition in 2023 .

Schuster after been playing out of position for the last 2 years knows it is his time to perform in the position he preferred from the beginning of his FG career .Looks like the new coaches are on the same page and it is now time to unleash all his frustrations on the opposition in 2023 .

I'm hoping he does. The kid is sheer talent still packaged and needing to be opened.

Cooper Johns was pleasant Suprise in the trials and looked good

Schue has the superior talent and if he also has the superior attitude ,discipline and commitment
The Six is his

It will be very interesting as to how Manly handle the Schuster/Fainu battle when it arrives. Some say Schuster to lock. Some say Fainu to half Whatever happens Manly must keep both. 2024 will be an interesting year

Exactly ... we live in interesting times ...

It will be even more fascinating now in the trial as Schuster is the only one of our main spine dictating play. Will be there cheering on the boys and should be a great hit out for our youngsters . Let's go Mannnnnnly .

It will be even more fascinating now in the trial as Schuster is the only one of our main spine dictating play. Will be there cheering on the boys and should be a great hit out for our youngsters . Let's go Mannnnnnly .
Yeah I thought DCE may have had a run with him in this game.

I grew up in a weather board shack at Nth Narrabeen, the fact is the Northern beaches were mostly swamp land back in day and the only people who lived there were people who couldn't afford to live in Sydney.
Small shack? Yooou were lucky!!

I 'ad to grow up in 'ole in road!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4