The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
images (13).jpeg

Was as good as I expected him to be but nice to see him put on a performance like that for all the naysayers writing him off after last year. Yes his defence was ordinary at times but what can you expect from his first full game in about a year and in that kind of heat. The combination with Turbo will get better and better every week

You know what I liked the most. He took all the pressure of DCE. Like daly played well tonight however him or Tom for that matter didn't have to be the be all and end all of our attack.

I remember see dce getting tackled on the second last tackle deep in parras red zone and thinking fark who's gonna kick this. Nek minute you see a massive high boot from schu and we score.

I'm so happy for the kid he's put the hard work in the off season and is getting the results

Suli goes off last night. Des moves Jekski to centre.

Why? Surely Schuster would have been the obvious choice with his silky hands.

It seems nothing is obvious to Des.

Instead we have this rolls royce making 39 tackles!! The most out of any Manly player.

The sooner he plays 5/8th rhe better, otherwise Des may kill all the skills he has.

Don't say I didn't tell you this 2 years ago.

Schu proved tonight what a special talent he is. He did more tonight in attack than Foran did in the last two years.

Imagine how much better player Schu would be if he played 5/8th the last two years and how much better shape Manly would be in.

Sorry Woody, you must be crying in your dinner ale.

Last edited:
Was as good as I expected him to be but nice to see him put on a performance like that for all the naysayers writing him off after last year. Yes his defence was ordinary at times but what can you expect from his first full game in about a year and in that kind of heat. The combination with Turbo will get better and better every week
He set up 4 trys!

Just so electric in attack. His flair and ball playing are out of this world. He plays with such elegance and like he is playing out in the park. I mean look at that try he laid out for Turbo with the chip, just the most delicate touch on the kick and such big balls to make that play. He had a hand in legit all our tries. This boy has got so much potential and star quality. He genuinely can be a top player in the competition. His combination with Turbo is going to take over the league, they are deadly together. Imagine if we had a fast zippy 9 who can run the ball that can complement them as well, we would be unstoppable (looking at GCKT).

This is Josh Schuster's redemption season, we as manly fans gotta back him.

Just so electric in attack. His flair and ball playing are out of this world. He plays with such elegance and like he is playing out in the park. I mean look at that try he laid out for Turbo with the chip, just the most delicate touch on the kick and such big balls to make that play. He had a hand in legit all our tries. This boy has got so much potential and star quality. He genuinely can be a top player in the competition. His combination with Turbo is going to take over the league, they are deadly together. Imagine if we had a fast zippy 9 who can run the ball that can complement them as well, we would be unstoppable (looking at GCKT).

This is Josh Schuster's redemption season, we as manly fans gotta back him.
Agree. What's most important is that he will be able to create match winning plays in tight games (non tryathons). Hopefully, the ice on his leg after the game isn't another calf injury.

Look, I loved watching him develop as a backrower, but he has killed it every time he has played in the halves. No doubt he belongs there. As well as his running game and broken play skills, it's clear he can play to a structure - the timing of his passes on those sweeping plays down his side was beautiful to watch. Oh, and it turns out he can kick as well. Let's just hope he can do it all without injuring his calf again. I always feel better when he finishes a game.

Did he go off late with cramps or has he injured the calf again?
Hope it was just cramps, but he was limping in the post match interviews on nein.

He played great, a bit gassed in defence at the end, but they all were except Brad thank goodness.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6