The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually I'm confused about this concern for his kicking game. He's not a long kicker like DCE and he needs a little work on his up and unders but his short kicking game was one of his specialties in the junior ranks. Being a second rower we didn't see much of his kicking game because that's not a second rower's role which was handled by DCE and Foran. So not sure what he's being judged on.
Yeah look it's probably his 2nd row play that made this view. Consistency is the key, as Dce as we know floats in and out of games.

Schusters' biggest threat is his unpredictability. He has more threats than most play makers. Inside, outside, cutout, no looker, dummy and run with the threat of an offload and a short kick are all in his repertoire. The key is fooling the defence while not fooling his support runners. He truly has the potential to be the next Cliffy or a complete dumpster fire depending on the combinations he forms with those around him.
100% agree .He just needs at times to run and take on the defenses using his unpredictability .He sometimes look and think he is there only to create room for his support players .

100% agree .He just needs at times to run and take on the defenses using his unpredictability .He sometimes look and think he is there only to create room for his support players .
I'm mostly worried he feels the pressure to perform and overplays his hand. But I'm sure the coaches are in his ear about that. Really looking forward to seeing how he goes in the first few games. I just hope he doesn't crack under the pressure. I think he'll be fine. He just needs his forwards to step up for him so he has some room to move coz you can be sure the opposition will be targeting him early.

The Shu did all right against the Warriors latter in last season at 6 , nothing too flashy and fairly steady from memory . Maybe not playing against the strongest defence in the comp but scored a try with a strong run as well . Just has to at least start the season with that same mind set and work his way into games and the confidence level should grow from that .

what we need for schuster is for him to have no need to overplay his hand too early. work his way into the position, give good service, offer an alternative and not need to be THE ANSWER. he is a rookie 6, no 2 ways about it but has been tested under first grade rigours

for this to happen the rest of the spine need to hit the ground running

croker isnt that creative but steady. good service and the odd foil is the best we can hope for. we have invested in 7 and 1 so we shouldnt expect miracles

DCE has started the last 2 season in diabolical form , regularly rolling out a ringling brothers performance, but seems to be the man who will influence Joshs chances almost as much as Josh
the schu needs oku and koula outside of him. oku can take some heat off with sheer presence and koula pace would be an asset in some of schusters no looky outcomes, both good and bad

Tom, then garrick or weekes ay one. if tom is out then we are a very average spine at this stage until schu gets a chance to play footy

johns, roach, lawnton, gorden , latu, humphries, its thin on experience tom and DCE aside. need BIGGER returns than we have been getting on both or we are still bog average. Need to start being more selective with tom and spare schuster a tad early

Agree with a lot you say, though DCE in 2021 was outstanding. He and Turbo were unstoppable. He was OK in 2022 but the team was off with the fairies for much of the season. DCE is at his best when he feels he doesnt have to do everything. His involvement is always greater than the rest of the team but that's what leads to him overplaying his game and making mistakes. I'm hoping with Turbo back and Schuster as the ball player (the Munster role DCE enjoyed playing alongside in the SOOs) that we'll see the best of him..if he can stay as fit as he has been.

I'm expecting Schuster to be a real success. He has been held back over the last two years for various reasons but the season in the 2nd row in 2021 gave him a solid introduction to first grade and the couple of games when he was allowed to start at 6 he was very impressive.

Doing well in the preparation and self discipline , dedication area and sure that there will be plenty of goodwill and encouragement for him . Big responsibility but looks he wants to be up for the challenge . How to accommodate also both Weekes and Latu Fainu in due course will just have to be another consideration going forward , Priority at least in the short term has to be to get The Shu as comfortable as possible to take over and manage well in an important role after Foz . No slight on Garrick or Koula of course but having Turbo sniffing around from the back on a very regular basis is going to help his game no end

Doing well in the preparation and self discipline , dedication area and sure that there will be plenty of goodwill and encouragement for him . Big responsibility but looks he wants to be up for the challenge . How to accommodate also both Weekes and Latu Fainu in due course will just have to be another consideration going forward , Priority at least in the short term has to be to get The Shu as comfortable as possible to take over and manage well in an important role after Foz . No slight on Garrick or Koula of course but having Turbo sniffing around from the back on a very regular basis is going to help his game no end
We have some lethal speed and skill freaks in our back line feathered friend

Tom , Garrick , Koula , Saab , The Shue and DCE. They all have speed and skill in abundance

This back line has to be one of the most exciting back lines in the NRL

Seibold must be Salivating at his premiership winning possibilities

We have some lethal speed and skill freaks in our back line feathered friend

Tom , Garrick , Koula , Saab , The Shue and DCE. They all have speed and skill in abundance

This back line has to be one of the most exciting back lines in the NRL

Seibold must be Salivating at his premiership winning possibilities
Think that Weekes is either the 2nd or 3 rd quickest or off the mark and over a certain distance , really would be good to get him into the mix as well

Having a capable utility on the bench could well be or continue to be a consideration but with Walker gone and Lawton out for a while still , really not a lot of alternatives . Still can not see Weekes suited to any ruck role , well not at this stage of his career . 6 , maybe centre , full back and could be limited opportunities just covering for the back line . No doubt the trials will give some indication where Siebold and Flanaghan are at with the bench situation and preferred type of players who may fit the bill there .Samuael Fainu could be a real smokey , Zac Fulton , Fifita apparently has some real promise . No doubt coaching staff will be initially inclined to go with more experienced players but 2 trials and the big event with the Dragons could alter things a bit .

It sounds as though there are a number of players who are enjoying the change in set up with Seibold etc coming on board. We won’t know whether the change is effective for some time, but it’s nice to hear some of the players feel like they are being seen and heard. It augurs well.

As for Josh, my one hope for him is that he just enjoys his footy. He didn’t look happy with footy/himself last year, and I always think that it’s such a shame to see good young kids not enjoying themselves playing footy. And Josh comes across as a really good kid.

It sounds as though there are a number of players who are enjoying the change in set up with Seibold etc coming on board. We won’t know whether the change is effective for some time, but it’s nice to hear some of the players feel like they are being seen and heard. It augurs well.

As for Josh, my one hope for him is that he just enjoys his footy. He didn’t look happy with footy/himself last year, and I always think that it’s such a shame to see good young kids not enjoying themselves playing footy. And Josh comes across as a really good kid.
No,no,no.
The popular and well informed view is that he is lazy, egotistical,selfish,entitled and is living on past glories.

No,no,no.
The popular and well informed view is that he is lazy, egotistical,selfish,entitled and is living on past glories.

Are you suggesting that his 2022 season was all you hoped for ... he was lazy, his decision making was sketchy, and his performances were below par ... and justified much of the concern expressed ..

By his own comments, and the lengths he has gone to change things ... is a pretty good acknowledgment that he also accepts and believes the criticism was deserved ...

He has apparently got his body in peak condition for the battle ... if his mind follows ... then he will be the player we all hoped for ...

I doubt there is one person* on this forum that isn't rooting for him ...

* (except @Captain Moondog ... he roots for himself)

Are you suggesting that his 2022 season was all you hoped for ... he was lazy, his decision making was sketchy, and his performances were below par ... and justified much of the concern expressed ..

By his own comments, and the lengths he has gone to change things ... is a pretty good acknowledgment that he also accepts and believes the criticism was deserved ...

He has apparently got his body in peak condition for the battle ... if his mind follows ... then he will be the player we all hoped for ...

Yes, I don't need a proxy at this stage.

Pretty sure in the article he says he was playing at a weight that was to play second row and is now getting into shape to play 6(not the battle), lot of people tried to suggest he was lazy etc...due to his size with no real knowledge.
Whether criticism is/was warranted is just opinion not fact.
Don't believe I made any references to his form last year or whether people are/were rooting for him?
Pretty sure my dig was at people suggesting they were in the know when they were just offering an uninformed opinion.
If my humour offends you,I apologise.

Pretty sure in the article he says he was playing at a weight that was to play second row and is now getting into shape to play 6(not the battle), lot of people tried to suggest he was lazy etc...due to his size with no real knowledge.
Whether criticism is/was warranted is just opinion not fact.
Don't believe I made any references to his form last year or whether people are/were rooting for him?
Pretty sure my dig was at people suggesting they were in the know when they were just offering an uninformed opinion.
If my humour offends you,I apologise.

It's not you, it's woody.

Woody is Schu's biggest hater and he think he has some inner knowledge of Schu's so called failings.

When mentioned he happily answers the uninformed hater call with dumbass pride.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4