The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the part that concerns me most.
My personal take, Des did seem rather filthy at the hole Foran, Shoe issue and things haven‘t seemed quite right ever since, time for both sides to leave the past in the past and get on with it.

Agree,and there lies the problem. Des is known for his favourites, however it should not be to shun other players in the team. He needs to coach all the players in the club.
Look at the excellent players Des has got rid of in the past because they weren't his style of player..

Jason smith
jim dymock
scott hill
wally lewis started as a lock, pretty sure cliffy was a lock early

They are all one player. MOD wants Weekes and Schu to swap positions during each and every match.

Name me two players in the history of rugby league that did this on a regular basis.

I honestly think he'll come back with a vengeance. Lean mean fighting machine imo. I just hope all this pressure and criticism doesn't take away from his biggest asset - x-factor. If he can add some of that lower grade explosion - we could have anything here.

That said, I'd really love all of Tom Turbo, Kaeo Weekes and Josh Schuster in the team. The only way I make that work, is if Weekes / Schuster interchange the 5/8 and lock positions.

Let Josh wear the 6 jersey if that's what he wants (Jake to prop), Weekes the 13, but secretly it's the other way around to appease the players.
Reckon Weekes could play 14 ala Nicho Hynes at the Storm.

Bring him on to run amok with some speed through the niddle against tiring forwards

Agree,and there lies the problem. Des is known for his favourites, however it should not be to shun other players in the team. He needs to coach all the players in the club.
Look at the excellent players Des has got rid of in the past because they weren't his style of player..
Who were the excellent players at Manly des has got rid of because they weren't his style.

Imo des lost one excellent player at
Manly and that was JWH and that was because uncle Nick showed him the money.

API wasn't resigned because the club could only keep one of him and faniu and chose faniu because of his youth not knowing he would get a bit stabby

Certainly fast enough, and absolutely wouldn't rule it out mate (centre with 5/8 hands like Jamie Lyon never hurts) - the kid oozes talent. Still think that means we need that marquee lock though (or prop if Des doesn't want to move Jake).

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster

actually looks beast mode. Would Des do this though? Swear if we mess around with Weekes, we'll have another Gutho situation on our hands.
Mate that is one awesome backline …..

I honestly think he'll come back with a vengeance. Lean mean fighting machine imo. I just hope all this pressure and criticism doesn't take away from his biggest asset - x-factor. If he can add some of that lower grade explosion - we could have anything here.

That said, I'd really love all of Tom Turbo, Kaeo Weekes and Josh Schuster in the team. The only way I make that work, is if Weekes / Schuster interchange the 5/8 and lock positions.

Let Josh wear the 6 jersey if that's what he wants (Jake to prop), Weekes the 13, but secretly it's the other way around to appease the players.

Reckon Weekes could play 14 ala Nicho Hynes at the Storm.

Bring him on to run amok with some speed through the niddle against tiring forwards
Sounds ok but where are you playing him when he comes on?

Sounds ok but where are you playing him when he comes on?

Mate, I've been convinced that Weekes would be a slick centre with ball playing skill like Jamie Lyon. My bench next year would be more tradition - one utility, three forwards:

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

The only holes I have now, would be 12 & 13. And we need to get complete bullies and arseholes (in a good way) on the field in those spots.

Mate, I've been convinced that Weekes would be a slick centre with ball playing skill like Jamie Lyon. My bench next year would be more tradition - one utility, three forwards:

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

The only holes I have now, would be 12 & 13. And we need to get complete bullies and arseholes (in a good way) on the field in those spots.

We definitely need a low down mongrel fear inspiring big dog in our pack 💪🏻

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

We need a grub or should I say germ.

Josh Schuster has continued training and shunned an early start to his holidays to be leaner for the start of pre-season as Sea Eagles officials remain no closer to agreeing on whether Des Hasler will coach beyond the end of next year.
Schuster, the gifted playmaker who will finally assume Kieran Foran’s No.6 jersey in 2023, has shown Manly officials how desperate he is to turn the club’s fortunes around by continuing to do conditioning work in the days after the final-round loss to the Bulldogs.

They are all one player. MOD wants Weekes and Schu to swap positions during each and every match.

Name me two players in the history of rugby league that did this on a regular basis.
As someone else mentioned,. Kosef started at 6 in lots of big games with cliffy off the bench until the heat was out of the contest

I was walking up to Long Reef headland with my coffee this morning, and at the top, I was Messrs. Hasler, Singe and The Shoe doing hill sprints (well Des wasn't running, he was on his bike.)

So either Des is leaving to go to another club, and taking Josh with him, or all three of them have a very strong commitment to getting Josh ready for next season. I will go with the latter.

Des was looking pretty fit by the way. Josh was blowing a gasket, but I am guessing that they were pushing him harder than themselves.

I was walking up to Long Reef headland with my coffee this morning, and at the top, I was Messrs. Hasler, Singe and The Shoe doing hill sprints (well Des wasn't running, he was on his bike.)

So either Des is leaving to go to another club, and taking Josh with him, or all three of them have a very strong commitment to getting Josh ready for next season. I will go with the latter.

Des was looking pretty fit by the way. Josh was blowing a gasket, but I am guessing that they were pushing him harder than themselves.
Is this fair dinkum?

Thanks for that. All very well to hear paper talk about 'he'll keep training' but to have it confirmed and to have not just donnie but Des directly involved is positive news as far as I'm concerned.
Does anyone think Mestrov is on a higher salary than Des? No, didn't think so :)

Good to see Des finally putting some work into Schu.
Pity it tool Foran to leave for Schu to get some luv.

Is this fair dinkum?
Well I was definitely there (about 7:15 after dropping off my daughter at the bus stop for school). Des, Donny and Josh were also definitely there. I think they had just done some running up the steps from the point and Josh was blowing hard. Donny and Josh had a breather and ran on towards Dee Why, while Des got his lid on, got back on his bike and cycled after them.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8