The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Schuster’s manager actually said that he was promised the 5/8 position.You can debate whether a manager is an extension of his client or not,but in Suaalii’s case,Nasteski is not his manager and is heavily involved at the Rabbits
Sorry,I think you missed the sarcasm in my first post.
I was laughing at how people on here are calling him entitled etc.. for demanding a spot at six with no evidence and comparing it to the situation at the roosters with Suali'i supposedly being promised the fullback spot when he signed.
I guess when it is just posted on a forum with no facial expression involved the humour gets missed.
It was more why the media don't get all over it but get all over Manly,if you want to defend the media go for it.
The rumours about Schuster kicking up a stink when Foran signed are true or imagined here on silvertails?

The Schuster question

There is no question about it

Schuster is not only going to be our next 5/8 he will also be our next immortal

At the same age into their career Schuster has more skill set than Foran ever had

Watch this space ..... Watch out for Schuster in 2023

Schuster Silky skill Set in Display

Last edited:
The Schuster question

At the same age into their career Schuster has more skill set than Foran ever had

Yes mate I totally agree. He naturally has all the skills and ability to be the best player in the NRL. This off seasons training regime will be the most important 5 months of his career.

Very Promising story about a very Talented Player and Potentially our next Perennial Manly Legend

The 21 year young Schuster has no chronic injuries like the aging and Fading Foz

Whilst Foz great career is Fading into the Gold coast Sunset

Schusters will start the off season getting fit and ready to reign Supreme in his Dream 5/8 position

We all excel most at the things we desire most

No more Disruptions by Des playing him out of his Desirable 5/8 position

The fitter , happier and Pumped up Schuster will Propel into season 2023 with all guns blazing and excel !

SKILL KILLS !
BEWARE
OF
THE SCHU
BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO KICK ALL YOUR ARSES IN 2023 !!!

WATCH THIS SPACE
AND WATCH YOUR ARSES

1662759812240.png

Last edited:
Very Promising story about a very Talented Player and Potentially our next Perennial Manly Legend

The 21 year young Schuster has no chronic injuries like the aging and Fading Foz

Whilst Foz great career is Fading into the Gold coast Sunset

Schusters will start the off season getting fit and ready to reign Supreme in his Dream 5/8 position

We all excel most at the things we desire most

No more Disruptions by Des playing him out of his Desirable 5/8 position

The fitter , happier and Pumped up Schuster will Propel into season 2023 with all guns blazing and excel !

SKILL KILLS !
BEWARE
OF
THE SCHU
BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO KICK ALL YOUR ARSES IN 2023 !!!

WATCH THIS SPACE
AND WATCH YOUR ARSES

View attachment 22280
While it’d be great to have schuster playing well on the field I still don’t like much about the way he has gone about getting there.

Manager threatened to pull him from the club unless Foz was removed early this year. Then after Des obliged (probably highly reluctantly) he was unfit, and moped around on the field. I don’t care if he doesn’t want to be a second rower or utility, sometimes you just need to suck it up and do your role. Foz would play anywhere at 100% and would bide his time to be a successor.

A no look pass is all well and good but when you are constantly the source of error, or are pushing passes one too many times one too many times, you need to try work on your game. He seemed to just make the same mistakes time and time again, was hugely unfit and behind the scenes was agitating for more. Ditching the team with the 7 because of his ego didn’t help either.

Hopefully he looks back on this season and takes some good lessons. I hope he is renewed for 23’, both as a player, individual and a teammate.

The Schuster question

He was amazingly clever and confident in the juniors, wasnt he? Little wonder he was the star of those competitions. Just hope he regains that skill and confidence. If he is able to perform at first grade level in something comparable to what he showed then, yes he will be a huge star.. Hope it happens

While it’d be great to have schuster playing well on the field I still don’t like much about the way he has gone about getting there.

Manager threatened to pull him from the club unless Foz was removed early this year. Then after Des obliged (probably highly reluctantly) he was unfit, and moped around on the field. I don’t care if he doesn’t want to be a second rower or utility, sometimes you just need to suck it up and do your role. Foz would play anywhere at 100% and would bide his time to be a successor.

A no look pass is all well and good but when you are constantly the source of error, or are pushing passes one too many times one too many times, you need to try work on your game. He seemed to just make the same mistakes time and time again, was hugely unfit and behind the scenes was agitating for more. Ditching the team with the 7 because of his ego didn’t help either.

Hopefully he looks back on this season and takes some good lessons. I hope he is renewed for 23’, both as a player, individual and a teammate.

Cliff Lyons was notorious at some stages in his career for blunders in his clever play. It happens. But he created far more than the damage caused by those mistakes. I recall one radio announcer that gave it to Cliff big time suggesting he shouldn't be on the field. But ball players with this unique quality are at times quite unpredictable and mistakes are part of what you get if you want the benefit of their talent. That's what makes them so valuable. The key is having the rest of the team ready for those moments when they happen. You could see Burbo was ready each time Schuster did his thing. Menzies learned the same thing with Lyons. A clever ball player relies on his team mates to be there to take advantage of the unexpected. And the unexpected is imperative in any top rated attacking side.

Cliff Lyons was notorious at some stages in his career for blunders in his clever play. It happens. But he created far more than the damage caused by those mistakes. I recall one radio announcer that gave it to Cliff big time suggesting he shouldn't be on the field. But ball players with this unique quality are at times quite unpredictable and mistakes are part of what you get if you want the benefit of their talent. That's what makes them so valuable. The key is having the rest of the team ready for those moments when they happen. You could see Burbo was ready each time Schuster did his thing. Menzies learned the same thing with Lyons. A clever ball player relies on his team mates to be there to take advantage of the unexpected. And the unexpected is imperative in any top rated attacking side.
I have a boring statics/dynamics assignment to do for uni (mech eng) so I might as well procrastinate and write a response 5x longer than anyone asked for.
* Summed up for those with better things to do on a Saturday than read, Schu is more capable of achieving great things than most because of reasons you cited, but he shouldn't forget 2022​

Intuition is what made the golden era of manly and is definitely the core of any top team. It's the reason Tommy Trbo and Greg Inglis look at a tryline and neglect any obstacles in their way. They get there, no matter the means.

Schuster's style should be protected, but I sense he is also a threat to himself. I don't want to see Schuster so rigid in how he percieves himself as a player that his 'intuition' becomes forced and every play becomes a no-look pass or a forced play. I think Benji went through a big phase of this in the mid-point of his career. He got past it when he re-evaluated his team-role and allowed himself to evolve under Bennett's instructions at Brisbane. Im superstitious.

Im not old enough to have seen Cliffy play but his highlights show he was an incredibly natural, intuitive and fun to watch player (probably why he mesmirised the defence so often).

Schuster mirrors these same qualities, 100%. Any sane person will protect that, and he's had an opportunity to thrive the last few years with Foz/Dce taking pressure off him. I think towards the end of 2021 and throughout 2022, he started to become his own enemy in some ways; playing expansive 5 times out of 5, when it should have been ~3 (or whatever amount is intuitively correct in these circumstances).

I can't speak of Cliffy with any real knowledge, but im sure he developed a critical, evaluative element to his game, too.

Schuster can and will go on to do great things. Not every pass has to be a no looker. You know what they say about having too much of a good thing. As with Snake, prime-Foz+dce, Jamie Lyon and Cliffy, timing, discipline and flexibility coupled with intuition and skill is what made them great. I know the coaching staff have been trying to hold him accountable to his fitness and he's had a chance to demonstrate his flexibility in different positions (second-row and impact-utility).

What's disappointing is that this season he has failed to apply and prove himself in fitness and flexibility, as well as letting the club down against the Roosters. All we want is to see is him grow as a player and person. I know he will, but it has to be said that he's got to show he can commit to learning along the way. The article above stating he is already training and has decided to not play the World Cup is a great start and shows he cares about something deep down.

It shows he knows that 2022 is not acceptable and that it will be a defining year in his development as a player, person and teammate (as I poorly communicated in the referenced post).

Combos are key, so go juniors :)
No ones stopping Schu from being Schu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor kid can't win

Skip a world cup to focus on Manly.....nup no good.

Continue training when most others are going on holidays...no thanks no impressed.

He had a bad year but so many seem to have taken it so personally

It's a couple of days since season end ... and already stories of training the house down ... only difference is ... he is the one saying it ...

It is like there is a PR battle to be won..

He won't silence doubters like me with bullshiite gestures and twittles

. just shut up and let your on field performances do the talking ..

I have a boring statics/dynamics assignment to do for uni (mech eng) so I might as well procrastinate and write a response 5x longer than anyone asked for.
* Summed up for those with better things to do on a Saturday than read, Schu is more capable of achieving great things than most because of reasons you cited, but he shouldn't forget 2022​

Intuition is what made the golden era of manly and is definitely the core of any top team. It's the reason Tommy Trbo and Greg Inglis look at a tryline and neglect any obstacles in their way. They get there, no matter the means.

Schuster's style should be protected, but I sense he is also a threat to himself. I don't want to see Schuster so rigid in how he percieves himself as a player that his 'intuition' becomes forced and every play becomes a no-look pass or a forced play. I think Benji went through a big phase of this in the mid-point of his career. He got past it when he re-evaluated his team-role and allowed himself to evolve under Bennett's instructions at Brisbane. Im superstitious.

Im not old enough to have seen Cliffy play but his highlights show he was an incredibly natural, intuitive and fun to watch player (probably why he mesmirised the defence so often).

Schuster mirrors these same qualities, 100%. Any sane person will protect that, and he's had an opportunity to thrive the last few years with Foz/Dce taking pressure off him. I think towards the end of 2021 and throughout 2022, he started to become his own enemy in some ways; playing expansive 5 times out of 5, when it should have been ~3 (or whatever amount is intuitively correct in these circumstances).

I can't speak of Cliffy with any real knowledge, but im sure he developed a critical, evaluative element to his game, too.

Schuster can and will go on to do great things. Not every pass has to be a no looker. You know what they say about having too much of a good thing. As with Snake, prime-Foz+dce, Jamie Lyon and Cliffy, timing, discipline and flexibility coupled with intuition and skill is what made them great. I know the coaching staff have been trying to hold him accountable to his fitness and he's had a chance to demonstrate his flexibility in different positions (second-row and impact-utility).

What's disappointing is that this season he has failed to apply and prove himself in fitness and flexibility, as well as letting the club down against the Roosters. All we want is to see is him grow as a player and person. I know he will, but it has to be said that he's got to show he can commit to learning along the way. The article above stating he is already training and has decided to not play the World Cup is a great start and shows he cares about something deep down.

It shows he knows that 2022 is not acceptable and that it will be a defining year in his development as a player, person and teammate (as I poorly communicated in the referenced post).

Combos are key, so go juniors :)
No ones stopping Schu from being Schu.

Well put together h2727. And agree entirely that the ball is now on the Shoe's foot.

A few points. Firstly Cliff Lyons. After Fulton I consider him the best Manly player I have seen and that's since 1965.. Highly under rated by those outside of the club and regularly put down by certain media types, I first saw Cliff playing centre for North Sydney when he was just a good footballer. I recall all the excitement when Manly grabbed Mitchell Cox, a half and ex union star, from North Sydney...and oh by the way we also picked up a young centre called Cliff Lyons, though little attention was given over that acquisition for the 1986 season.

I remember being more excited by the Lyons pick up because I had watched quite a few Norths matches ad there was just something about the kid aged 24 when he came to Manly, that said 'class'. Obviously Fulton was smart enough also to realise that, but also the kid was a 5/8 not a centre and suddenly the legend was born. It happens. He was a perfect example of a player you can see 'class' standing out but needing to be in the right role. That's how I see Schuster and why I was never happy about him at second row.

Now I may be mistaken, but the characteristics are there. And Lyons as I said copped regular defecation from certain (hind)quarters about his seemingly chaotic style. But some skills can be taught, some are just innate. In Schuster's case, hopefully like Lyons, its an innate set of skills that will devastate.

The second issue is the anger expressed by many about Schuster and his manager spitting the dummy. Fact is, and it is recorded, it was Manly who did the wrong thing, specifically Hasler, in promising the kid a role, when he had offers to play 5/8 for big money elsewhere, and then reneged on the deal. Now I am a fan of Hasler, but I found that a betrayal. Little wonder Schuster's manager was angry. I would be if I had been contracted on false pretenses, when I knew I could do better elsewhere but wanted to show loyalty by sticking to the club that had given me a chance. And again I reiterate this has nothing to do with Foran, who played very well and gave his all. Its about being misled to keep Schuster at the club.

I hope that explains my position.

Last edited:
Just hope he regains that skill and confidence.
We are born with natural ability
Our natural ability is our natural instinct
No one loses their instinct feathered friend

And the Schu gave us glimpses of his skill at 5/8 when Des only gave him a glimpse of an
opportunity and Benji Marshal Marveled at the Schu debut calling the best debut at 5/8 he had ever seen But Blind Des could not see it and moved him in the second row

Last edited:
It's a couple of days since season end ... and already stories of training the house down ... only difference is ... he is the one saying it ...

It is like there is a PR battle to be won..

He won't silence doubters like me with bullshiite gestures and twittles

. just shut up and let your on field performances do the talking ..

Give it a rest woody.

Where has Schu said anything?

Let the kid spend his off season in peace preparing for 2023.

Hopefully Des is man enough to actually coach the kid to he his best for his own growth and Manly’s 2023 season.

With some of the absolute vermin comments towards Schu I wonder if this is even a Manly forum.

Check his Insta stories, working up a sweat at the gym.

Indicates his head is in the right space currently....long may it continue
Whilst the other Mad Monday boys are hitting the piss

The Skillful Schuster is hitting the Gym hard

And the harder he hits the gym . The harder his doubters shall fall

With some of the absolute vermin comments towards Schu I wonder if this is even a Manly forum.

You obviously haven't read the DCE thread ... you should read what some numbnut has posted 100 times in there

Let the kid spend his off season in peace preparing for 2023.

You hold me in too great esteem ... I may be special in my own mind ... but not even I think that anything I do will effect Shu's off season ..

Give it a rest woody.

I can see where Woodsie is coming from and that is The Schu will have to do his talking on the field

And the Schu will deliver on the field !

Skill
Kills !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12