The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As an aside

1. Youtube highlights are trash
2. Trex was so fun to watch in that era
Yes feathered friend . I agree Trex was fun watching him at his best devouring the opposition

TRex was the most Dynamic player in his position in his era when he was focused

Please explain your logic ?
Using old videos or images of James S are just not relevant

There is an absolute dearth of hookers in the modern game which is why average 9's like Reid M are getting big bucks.

If he was everything you think he is he would have walked into a NRL contract. My fear is that by doing this sort of stuff you create an unrealistic expectation of a player - much like when some on here want a quick kid thrown into first grade just because they are quick

Using old videos or images of James S are just not relevant

There is an absolute dearth of hookers in the modern game which is why average 9's like Reid M are getting big bucks.

If he was everything you think he is he would have walked into a NRL contract. My fear is that by doing this sort of stuff you create an unrealistic expectation of a player - much like when some on here want a quick kid thrown into first grade just because they are quick

I was using the vedio to high light the skill level of Segy at 22 that Croker at 25 is no where near at that level and I believe he has reached his peak as not all average 25 year olds over a sudden magically become superior players .

On your other point . If you are good enough you are old enough and it has been proven many times that young players with great natural ability become over night stars

The moral of the Peak story
We have all played sport and we have all reached our limits . No matter how many years more we played or coached we all plateaued and this is what some on here do not seem understand

I was using the vedio to high light the skill level of Segy at 22 that Croker at 25 is no where near at that level and I believe he has reached his peak as not all average 25 year olds over a sudden magically become superior players .

On your other point . If you are good enough you are old enough and it has been proven many times that young players with great natural ability become over night stars
It actually has not been proven

If anything there is a growing school of thought (from Gus and others) is that a number of players are thrown on the scrap heap too early.

Not every player peaks when they are younger. Some take time

Also on Croker much like Joe he has played for 2 years in the role - have you not seen improvement in his game?

It actually has not been proven

If anything there is a growing school of thought (from Gus and others) is that a number of players are thrown on the scrap heap too early.

Not every player peaks when they are younger. Some take time

Also on Croker much like Joe he has played for 2 years in the role - have you not seen improvement in his game?
The fact is it has been proven that the 18 year olds that were good enough were old enough to succeed

On Croker is another fact
The moral of the Peak story
We have all played sport and we have all reached our limits . No matter how many years more we played or coached we all plateaued and this is what some on here do not seem understand

We will agree to disagree . Other wise we will be going on circles :)

Would not be surprised to see him start at lock. Similar to Isaah Yeo. Jake to 2nd row where he belongs. Similar to the great Glenn Stewart. Now there is an interesting forward pack to tack the "Big 3".
I think Jake would be a good 2nd row too but Davey and Yeo are completely different players. Yeo has silky ball skills, Davey has a nice offload but not exactly a ball playing lock like Yeo

Last edited:
I just love Davey's tough as nails approach. I don't know if he has the talent after the op to win a spot in the starting side or even on the bench. But gee in a very poor side in that game last year he was a stand out and his grit, determination and tough as teak approach is something besides Jake we just don't have
Davey is my starting backrower with Olakau-atu every day of the week. Both giants, hard running and tough as nails. To be honest with the lack of talent in the blues side in the backrow I could honestly see both getting a gig for the Blues this year.

I know the highlights are are 6 year or more but at age 22 Segy was a more dynamic and potent player than Croker at 25

Segys two year out of the game has his body fresh from injury and also his mind is back to what he does best and that is he is focused on footy redemption .
Based of his overall more natural ability than Croker I believe he can offer more to our team

As I said before . All players have a limit potential Des has done a great job getting Croker to play above his weight and his potential

Logic tells me if you think Croker is all of a sudden going to be a gun hooker next season than one of us is going to be wrong and for the sake of our club my ego comes second and I hope Croker proves me wrong as I believe he has reached his potential based on his ability that he has shown .
Don't believe I said gun,think I said improve,are you saying Segeyaro will be a gun?

Croker is a no frills, scrooge cola number 9 for me. I am not a fan. But all respect to him for his efforts and we got within 1 game from the gf last year with him there. So I'm cheering for him even though scrooge cola tastes like crap.

I think Jake would be a good 2nd row too but Davey and Yeo are completely different players. Yeo has silky ball skills, Daveubhas a nice offload but not exactly a ball playing lock like Yeo

Yeo is a great example of a player taking time to hit their straps at NRL level. As is Davey too, obviously!
After Yeo played about 6 full years NRL as a tall, skinny reliable but unspectacular backrower, then in the last 2 years he has gone to another level entirely, keeping genuine stars such as Jake and Cam Murray out of rep sides.
The Eadies, Fultons, Rogers, Fittlers, Haas types who excel in first grade at a very early age are obviously exceptional talents, and very much the exception to the general rule.

the schuster injury is shocking news for silvertails selectors

with speculation in the halves, utility and back row, having all players available would have gone a long way to solving the off season ponderings,

Now this crap

des gets off easy with selection to

sorry for the schu but come on

Geez, I hope the club has stumped the cash for YouTube Premiuim for Des.

I wouldn't want to see him wasting time on the ads whilst picking his team each week.

There is no logic ..... Croker at 25 has more upside as a hooker than Segeyaro has at 31. Segeyaro has definitely peaked, while Croker could potentially surprise everyone again this season, with improvements to his attacking game. I do think Segeyaro is a very good depth signing for Manly, and hope he has a great year at Workers.

Croker continuing to improve may surprise some .. but it won't surprise me .. in fact I reckon Fainu is no walk up start to oust him.. what we do know about froggy is that he has no quit in him.

Don't believe I said gun,think I said improve,are you saying Segeyaro will be a gun?
You believe Croker will improve

I have said it is a credit for Des to get Croker playing above his weight and his potential

Meaning Croker has improved

I also said we all have limits to our potential

I believe Croker has reached his potential limits

and the 2022 season will reveal which one of us is correct

I also said My love for the Greatest club of all the Manly Sea eagles is much bigger than my ego and I would be happier to be proven wrong for the benefit of our club

Croker is a no frills, scrooge cola number 9 for me. I am not a fan. But all respect to him for his efforts and we got within 1 game from the gf last year with him there. So I'm cheering for him even though scrooge cola tastes like crap.
Yes we all respect Croker for his Great efforts but we need more from our current number nine to go one better than last season

The Eadies, Fultons, Rogers, Fittlers, Haas types who excel in first grade at a very early age are obviously exceptional talents, and very much the exception to the general rule.
The fact is There are exceptions to the general rule

Example
Sam walker at 18 years of age took over calling the shots at the Roosters team and lead them with distinction

Another fact is
Rules
Records
Salary caps
and defensive lines are meant to be broken ! :)

Your very much exception to the rule of all young 2021 nrl players
18 YEARS OLD
Jeremiah Nanai, Terrell Kalo Kalo, Davvy Moale, Joseph Suaalii, Leon Te Hau, Thomas Fletcher, Paul Alamoti
19 YEARS OLD
Henry O'Kane, Izack Tago, Talatau Amone, Tallis Duncan, Xavier Savage, Trey Mooney, Taniela Otukolo, Sean Russell, Tyrell Sloan, Selwyn Cobbo, Sam Walker, Reece Walsh, Junior Tupou, Will Penisini, Otukinekina Kepu, Valingi Kepu, Jack Howarth, Clay Webb, Viliami Vailea, Sosefo Fifita
20 YEARS OLD
Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Zane Bijorac, Brad Schneider, Christian Tuipulotu, Griffin Neame, Toby Sexton, Xavier Coates, Tom Dearden, Christian Ma'anaima, Reece Hoffman, Heilum Luki, David Hollis, Simi Sasagi, Josh Schuster, Rocco Berry, Riley Price, Aaron Schoupp, Chris Patolo, Ben Trbojevic, Bradman Best, Dominic Young, Tesi Niu, Taylan May, Dean Ieremia, Jackson Topine, Bailey Hodgson, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Jayden Sullivan, Jordan Lipp, Jake Simpkin, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, TC Robati, Jacob Kiraz, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Ben Lovett, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Tukimihia Simpkins, Ata Mariota, Josiah Karapani
21 YEARS OLD
Cody Ramsey, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Ethan Bullemor, David Fifita, Jock Madden, William Kei, Matt Burton, Tommy Talau, Garrett Smith, Lachlan Ilias, Stefano Utoikamanu, Laitia Moceidreke, Dylan Brown, Starford To'a, Matt Doorey, Paul Turner, Phoenix Crossland, Ben Condon, Tanah Boyd, Shawn Blore, Tom Gilbert, Jake Averillo, Daejarn Asi, Freddy Lussick, Spencer Leniu, Stephen Crichton, Charlie Staines, Jason Saab, Harry Rushton, Franklin Pele, Peter Mamouzelos

There is no logic ..... Croker at 25 has more upside as a hooker than Segeyaro has at 31. Segeyaro has definitely peaked, while Croker could potentially surprise everyone again this season, with improvements to his attacking game. I do think Segeyaro is a very good depth signing for Manly, and hope he has a great year at Workers.
I hope your upside come true

Looking forward to the 2022 Man of the match dominant performances from Croker

I hope he surprises me to

Because a Manly win is my biggest thrill as is my biggest disappointment is getting knocked off in the finals and not living up to our Clubs Greatness as the The Greatest club of all !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7