The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm just stating the fact that Schuster should not be free if criticism. The "truth" is he has had a number of glaring mistakes and people don't seem to care cos he's "the next big thing" If people are gonna keep calling out other players for mistakes then it should be the same for all players.
Tell me that this isn't the truth?
I would argue a guy playing his 4th game and out of position like you said should hold even more importance on not throwing the ball away and doing all the little things right! Trying tap ons and throwing the ball over the sideline is hardly a great play for a rookie.
But don't get me wrong, I rate him extremely highly but doesn't mean he is free from judgement!
That's a fair opinion, but that's all it is.
Let's look at it another way.
Does a young rookie need criticism for trying to be creative, or are his errors "Teachable Moments"?
I believe that young people learn from their mistakes IF they are used as teachable moments and the kids are not criticised into paralysis fearing making a mistake and then don't try to make a play.
Should they be treated differently to an established player ( like Parker - 6th year in NRL 60 games &15 trys)? 100% they should. To say otherwise we'll I'll just never agree with that.

That's a fair opinion, but that's all it is.
Let's look at it another way.
Does a young rookie need criticism for trying to be creative, or are his errors "Teachable Moments"?
I believe that young people learn from their mistakes IF they are used as teachable moments and the kids are not criticised into paralysis fearing making a mistake and then don't try to make a play.
Should they be treated differently to an established player ( like Parker - 6th year in NRL 60 games &15 trys)? 100% they should. To say otherwise we'll I'll just never agree with that.
Agree but he doesn't seem to be learning from those "teachable" moments. I'm happy for him to try and be creative but when your teams under the pump and your first 4 tap ons have failed maybe its a good idea to not try a 5th.

Agree but he doesn't seem to be learning from those "teachable" moments. I'm happy for him to try and be creative but when your teams under the pump and your first 4 tap ons have failed maybe its a good idea to not try a 5th.
Now we are getting somewhere.
If the coach really didn't want it it would have stopped by now?

PS where are our points coming from? Schuster has 1 of our 4 try assist this year!

Also
In his 3 games, 110 tackles only four missed.97%

Harsh to lump too much blame on Schuster but those saying he has been a shining light too are jumping the gun. His tendency to go for the low percentage plays are an issue. They don't get punished in the juniors the way they do in 1st grade where possession and building pressure are paramount to being successful and scoring points. The mistakes he is generating does put too much pressure on our defence which is mediocre at best.

I watched a lot of him coming through and I'm not convinced he is a half at NRL level. He needed the ball in his hands as much as possible in the juniors but not now. He has skill and the big body in the age groups meant he could dominate although that size dominance doesnt translate to the NRL and Im not sure the skill he has is enough for an NRL half. I agree with those on here suggested a move to 13 as the speed of the game now favours the ball playing 13 like a Radley or Murray.

And yet it was in the 5/8 spot in the juniors that he won best player in his entire comp a couple of years in a row. Hard to justify he doesn't have the skills for the role, when he was the best at it in the juniors. He's not getting ball in his hands as often now because he's playing second row, and that's the problem. Its like putting Johns, Jamie Lyon, Cliffy or Fulton in the second row (and I know Cliffy was at lock at times but that was mainly at the end of his career). They also would not impress much in those positions. And we too quickly forget Benji Marshall's comment after Schuster's one and only premiership appearance at five eighth last year. I would think he would know. He's 19 years old. He'll make mistakes. But he needs to play the position to learn

He's being played in the wrong position. Used as a tackler bag therefore no real chance to show his attack skills. Once again a player picked totally out of position but why not. Same as the rest of this rabble of a squad.

Just my opinion on balance DCE Croker,Parker,Suli and Garrick have much more to answer for in terms of errors than Schu and many more years of experience.As someone said He is a Rolls Royce being used as a delivery van .Why he wasnt put into the centers when Jetski came on is a mystery to me .Time has to be up for Croker Parker and Garrick .It was clear when Cust came on we looked more direct and a bit faster.But the guy has to start at 9 not come on as relief for someone when the game is gone and who really isnt up to it under any measure.I just hope that when Tom comes back that Walker is back into the centers instead of Parker ,Suli gets some early ball and if not Suli that Funa or Tupolito gets picked in the back line As the incumbents just arent up to it.
Very frustrating to watch ,surely the coaching staff see the same things as us pie eaters do ? .As I and others have said ,I would much rather watch talented young players drop the ball and make mistakes as they learn to be better than the same talent-less hacks who have had more than enough time to showcase their wares and who time after time over the last what is it 15 games or so have come up very short of the mark. I feel if we pick a few people back in position and bring some youth in we may not win but we will see some green shoots ,rather than a barren landscape and tumble weeds blowing thru the in-goal where we are supposed to score try's.
Go Manly
Because he replaced boyle who was injured

My main concern with Schuster apart from him being played out of position is he looks a bit overweight and not as fit as others ... but this should come with a few more years of hard yaka but please Des let him play 5/8 - Koula to fullback Walker back in the centres parker bench second row

Again, my problem isn't so much with Schuster.. altho my issues with his show pony act are well noted by now... My problem is people on here go out of their way to get these guys in before they are ready..
Parker was spruiked on here as the world beater centre we need to replace Matai.. fast forward 3 years the same ppl want his head .
Ppl last year wanted des fired for not bringing in hoppa... Same ppl are happy hoppa is gone..
Tafua has to go because Saab is coming.. Saab is the answer to our wing problem.... 4 rounds later .. Saab needs to go, never had it, isn't any good says the same mob..
Ppl here want Schuster to take dces spot.. in a year and a half when manly are still struggling the same blokes will want him sacked for the next Jonny come lately they hitch their wagons too ..

Schuster is ready for NRL... Shuster IS NOT THE ANSWER to the current situation, nor is he going to take dces spot like so many here seem to think he should

Again, my problem isn't so much with Schuster.. altho my issues with his show pony act are well noted by now... My problem is people on here go out of their way to get these guys in before they are ready..
Parker was spruiked on here as the world beater centre we need to replace Matai.. fast forward 3 years the same ppl want his head .
Ppl last year wanted des fired for not bringing in hoppa... Same ppl are happy hoppa is gone..
Tafua has to go because Saab is coming.. Saab is the answer to our wing problem.... 4 rounds later .. Saab needs to go, never had it, isn't any good says the same mob..
Ppl here want Schuster to take dces spot.. in a year and a half when manly are still struggling the same blokes will want him sacked for the next Jonny come lately they hitch their wagons too ..

Schuster is ready for NRL... Shuster IS NOT THE ANSWER to the current situation, nor is he going to take dces spot like so many here seem to think he should
I haven't really seen many saying Shuster should be halfback. Especially those who watched him coming up .
5/8 or lock for me.

I haven't really seen many saying Shuster should be halfback. Especially those who watched him coming up .
5/8 or lock for me.
Well most anti DCE threads here have Schuster at 7 foran as 6...
I've not seen much from his junior days, prolly why I'm not as impressed, the hype level has been huge

Well most anti DCE threads here have Schuster at 7 foran as 6...
I've not seen much from his junior days, prolly why I'm not as impressed, the hype level has been huge
Look at it this way:
Which of our 17 would be a chance of playing in a top four side? The Shoe is one of the few on our side capable of playing the new NRL.

Look at it this way:
Which of our 17 would be a chance of playing in a top four side? The Shoe is one of the few on our side capable of playing the new NRL.
Agree there .
Tho if it was a storm or roosters side he would be coming off the bench with little expectation.. not thrown in the backrow while fans demand they replace Keary or Munster lol

I never said they haven't made mistakes. I'm saying if you call them out for making mistakes then why is Schuster not getting called out for his. You kinda just proved my point for me ;)
He hasn’t been called out coz he hasn’t made anywhere near the errors the other 3 have. He’s made more tackles than the 3 of them combined with less missed tackles, he’s made far less errors than the 3 of them so why should he be called out? How many errors have Parker, Garrick, Saab made? But you call out Schuster! From my perspective I haven’t proved your point at all. All that’s proven is you don’t think much of Schuster.......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7