The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
He still doesn’t look fit. He used to have a pretty good turn of speed and played in the centres on occasions when he was younger. No doubt he can be quicker than what he is currently showing. It looks like he wants to run and step at times but his body is moving slower than his brain.
I've never seen a player rebound away from fitness as fast and as often as Schu does.

Glad I'm not the coach (even though I'd be REALLY good at it 😉) because I'd have no idea how to approach this. They really need to find some sort of world expert physiology fitness guru because he definitely needs very different help.

Maybe Dessie ruined him by trying to change his body into that of a second rower at such a young age.

manly al

First Grader
Can only conclude that he was carrying an injury , showed a couple of instances of sharper play against the Roosters ,. Doubt that he would have lost that degree of sharpness in a couple of weeks but certainly does need an increased dose of mental toughness to still put in , especially in defence .
Really can not see him delivering his best value at 13
. Of course just has to find some way to get back to his season 21 fitness level and form [ well for the majority of 21 ] . That was on an edge and probably again the only suitable option . Especially if Turbo can play on a regular basis , and having a capable centre on his side as well , whether it be Talau , Garrick or Parker on present indications .
Should be less pressure on an edge too to do what he does best [ or is still hopefully able to do best and fitness and injury state up to scratch .
13 , workload [ or type of ] and playing role there , be very surprised that he will take up that role

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
There is no way a half is going to shine behind a well beaten pack in those circumstances.

I didn't expect him to shine in those conditions, but those conditions happen to every play maker ever born in at lest 50% of the games they play... I just expected him to do something rather than be a spectator ...

He is a 3 year veteran of nearly 50 1st grade games and countless elite junior games ... if he hasn't worked out to go to plan B, or plan C or plan D by now, good grief. ... none of those might work ... but an $800k half has to at least try them. .. he is a very slow learner.

When things aren't going DCE's way, he runs more, takes the line on, kicks early and even gets to the Crazy mad chicken stage in his desire to change the momentum .

Doing nothing was not an option ... Zero runs for Zero run meters ... He couldn't just once say to his team mates ... I got this one boys ..

Last edited:

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Can only conclude that he was carrying an injury , showed a couple of instances of sharper play against the Roosters ,. Doubt that he would have lost that degree of sharpness in a couple of weeks but certainly does need an increased dose of mental toughness to still put in , especially in defence .
Really can not see him delivering his best value at 13
. Of course just has to find some way to get back to his season 21 fitness level and form [ well for the majority of 21 ] . That was on an edge and probably again the only suitable option . Especially if Turbo can play on a regular basis , and having a capable centre on his side as well , whether it be Talau , Garrick or Parker on present indications .
Should be less pressure on an edge too to do what he does best [ or is still hopefully able to do best and fitness and injury state up to scratch .
13 , workload [ or type of ] and playing role there , be very surprised that he will take up that role

I think one of his thighs was strapped.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
This kids just not good. He will have a nice highlights reel and put together some flashy plays but he isn’t going to be in a grand final winning side unless he has a complete turnaround in mentality.
I think he would benefit under Wayne Bennett’s approach. Look how Bennett got the best (or near his best) consistently from Adam Cuthbertson?

In Adam’s case, a change of environment and maybe a few home truths about his attitude turned him into a consistently good footballer.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I didn't expect him to shine in those conditions, but those conditions happen to every play maker ever born in at lest 50% of the games they play... I just expected him to do something rather than be a spectator ...

He is a 3 year veteran of nearly 50 1st grade games and countless elite junior games ... if he hasn't worked out to go to plan B, or plan C or plan D by now, good grief. ... none of those might work ... but an $800k half has to least try them. .. he is a very slow learner.

When things aren't going DCE's way, he runs more, takes the line on, kicks early and even gets to the Crazy mad chicken stage in his desire to change the momentum .

Doing nothing was not an option ... Zero runs for Zero run meters ... He couldn't just once say to his team mates ... I got this one boys ..
The only counter to that is he did miss, like all the kids coming through, almost 2 years of development due to the reduction in games from COVID.

Not saying it is an excuse but it has to be a factor in a heap of hte kids coming through at the moment

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The only counter to that is he did miss, like all the kids coming through, almost 2 years of development due to the reduction in games from COVID.

Not saying it is an excuse but it has to be a factor in a heap of hte kids coming through at the moment

Mate ... I love the guy and want to see him lead us to many Premierships ... but we have to stop making excuses for him ... nearly 50 games in the NRL is enough ..

He has the obligation to prepare, present and perform to the best of his ability ....

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Mate ... I love the guy and want to see him lead us to many Premierships ... but we have to stop making excuses for him ... nearly 50 games in the NRL is enough ..

He has the obligation to prepare, present and perform to the best of his ability ....
I hear you - no excuse but I think it is a contributing factor to a guy that just does not seem to get "it"

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I hear you - no excuse but I think it is a contributing factor to a guy that just does not seem to get "it"
Somebody earlier in the thread used Bryce Cartwright as an example of a talented player who's taken a while to "get it". I also heard commentators talking about Shaun Johnson finally ditching the flashy "touch football" plays and becoming a real leader at the Warriors. I think they are both good examples, but it took a long time and a few career twists for both of those players to experience their light-bulb moments.

I wonder if the coaching staff, not to mention we fans, will have the patience to see it happen with the Schu.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Somebody earlier in the thread used Bryce Cartwright as an example of a talented player who's taken a while to "get it". I also heard commentators talking about Shaun Johnson finally ditching the flashy "touch football" plays and becoming a real leader at the Warriors. I think they are both good examples, but it took a long time and a few career twists for both of those players to experience their light-bulb moments.

I wonder if the coaching staff, not to mention we fans, will have the patience to see it happen with the Schu.

Not being nasty ... but are we prepred to pay the Shu $800k for the 7/8 years it took Cartwright?

XV-1

First Grader
That Raiders game where he dominated just seems so long ago now, our forwards have to at least match it with the Sharks forwards for Schuster to have any chance of dominating.

Ain't that a fact. When our forwards are bring bullyed and beaten easily on all the key D areas and ineffectiveon attack, so easy to blame the half's.
Our forwards are crap.

And, yes Schu does need to run more and hopefully that left quad gets better sooner than later - in fact by this weekend.

The Who

Journey Man
I'm worried about The Shoe. I thought he'd be a once-in-a-generation player having watched him carve up juniors. When DESpicable played him in the forwards I thought it was a waste; 5/8 is where he'd shine...
I have been so disappointed. He doesn't take the line on, even though he has the bulk to break tackles, and is now just a passer or kicker of the football. He doesn't get involved enough and now looks too slow to be a 5/8. Sadly, I don't think he has the stamina to be a forward.
The future is depressing. He, and a fit Turbo, were our hope of being a premiership contender.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Ain't that a fact. When our forwards are bring bullyed and beaten easily on all the key D areas and ineffectiveon attack, so easy to blame the half's.
Our forwards are crap.

And, yes Schu does need to run more and hopefully that left quad gets better sooner than later - in fact by this weekend.

So again ... making excuses and other peoples fault ... The Shu's reason for him not doing anything is the forwrds fault ... and an imaginary injury

Eagle 1

First Grader
I'm worried about The Shoe. I thought he'd be a once-in-a-generation player having watched him carve up juniors. When DESpicable played him in the forwards I thought it was a waste; 5/8 is where he'd shine...
I have been so disappointed. He doesn't take the line on, even though he has the bulk to break tackles, and is now just a passer or kicker of the football. He doesn't get involved enough and now looks too slow to be a 5/8. Sadly, I don't think he has the stamina to be a forward.
The future is depressing. He, and a fit Turbo, were our hope of being a premiership contender.
Sadly, you have nailed what Schuster is right now. It's alarming to see his game drop off as much as we're all seeing now.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Not being nasty ... but are we prepred to pay the Shu $800k for the 7/8 years it took Cartwright?
Not nasty at all, mate. It's a very good question. And to be honest, I can't imagine any club or fanbase doing it either.

For the most part, professional sports is about winning now, and player development will always have a finite window. And the time/attention span of clubs is getting shorter all the time. Even if they were guaranteed they'd get a terrific player at the end of the process, I doubt the Panthers would have devoted any more time to Cartwright. Same with the Warriors and Johnson.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

It is a tough one as the $ he is being paid is a factor...that aside I think many fans have way too many expectations on young players

This is the toughest sport in the world to play - the kids that make an impact early and can maintain it are rare. So many need time to develop which just does not happen in modern sport

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

So again ... making excuses and other peoples fault ... The Shu's reason for him not doing anything is the forwrds fault ... and an imaginary injury
The Making Excuses Perspective

Not only players but All our leaders are accountable for this seasons underachievement , Owner , Ceo, and Coach as they all took part in the seasons Premiership winning process

The moral of the story
At the of the day all our actions pave the way towards our success and failure
and All our excuses for failure are as useless as tits on a Bull
1689568901326.png

XV-1

First Grader

Woody, you nailed it.

Schu not playing to his potential and Keppie not being selected in first grade are the two reasons why Manly are not winning.

16 other players make up a team and they all have to step up - Schu included

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16