The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tartak is an absolute stain on the club, and on the NRL in general. Why the NRL has enabled a recruitment system that provides dodgy player agents to control (and game) the system is beyond me. The sooner we have no Crown Sports Management players in our club, the better as far as I am concerned.

really ? He has barely got started here and said he wants to stay here and already his manager is shopping him around ,i think that is more "journalist " BS

Player managers act on behalf of the players... they can (and do) agitate for upgrades, plant stories for friendly journalists to report on, negotiate releases from current clubs and better deals with rival clubs... all in the best interests of their client. This is what they're paid to do.

All the while, the player can publicly state "I want to play at Club X for life", deny the rumours that appear in the press and maintain their wholesome and clean media image that sponsors and supporters love to hear. Saying it doesn't necessarily mean it's true though.

It is also entirely possible that NRL journalists have created a story out of nothing based on whatever the public will find somewhat believable.

Point being, this rumour could be total BS but there could be some elements of truth to it as well.

Manly must be playing this weekend and Turbo must be back.

quiiiiiiiiiiiick make up a rumour!!!!!!!!!

they're not even being original anymore.
Yeah how many times have we heard the schuster to the tigers rumour:

If schuster the fainu bros and okalatu all went to the tigers that would be 3 million of their cap.

Tartak is an absolute stain on the club, and on the NRL in general. Why the NRL has enabled a recruitment system that provides dodgy player agents to control (and game) the system is beyond me. The sooner we have no Crown Sports Management players in our club, the better as far as I am concerned.
And who opened that door?
Scott Fulton

And who did we show the door?
Scott Fulton

Well played Tony Mestrov.

Last edited:
Say what you like about his manager and the media but I'm going to take schu at his word until someone can convince me otherwise.

I think he could be a big part of our future and we should get behind him instead of cutting him down based on things other people say.

Having said that, if you don't think he's playing well, that's fair game.

I don’t think Journos just make things up. Sure, they stretch the truth at times but they don’t just outright create a lie out of the clear blue sky. Where there is smoke there is fire and we know how player managers operate. They’re like lawyers in the sense that they’re obliged to do what’s best for the client, independent of any moral judgement. If it’s unethical to pull strings and manipulate clubs into paying more, they’ll happily do it anyway.

I’m sure Tartak is trying to get Schu more money and doesn’t care what colour jumper his client wears to get it!

They’re like lawyers in the sense that they’re obliged to do what’s best for the client, independent of any moral judgement.
Well lawyers actually have very strict codes of ethics, and in fact their first duty is to the court, not their client.
(Which is not to say there aren't good reasons why the whole legal profession doesn't enjoy a great reputation, but from my experience most do take those ethical imperatives very seriously).

I know I'm probably again being Mr Reasonable as Woodsie would describe it. Whatever.

Managers are there to look after their client, not the club. We all know managers send out feelers to clubs for their clientele. Called testing the market and keeping the incumbent club honest and on its toes. They would be remiss if they didn't. Nothing to see here.

I seem to recall Menzies' manager either putting out feelers or receiving feelers from Parramatta at one stage late in his career. Normal practice. Nothing to see here.

Schuster is being offered options and rightly so. Naïve to believe this isn't happening all the time. He has his future to consider. I suspect he would prefer to stay at Manly but if Wests offer a huge amount more, would you refuse serious consideration. Nothing to see here

Then again media outlets are trying also to sell their product. A little drama, true or fanciful, for the masses never hurts. As the character in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would say 'Don't Panic'. And unfortunately the World wasn't designed to serve only out needs and wants. Oh no is that true? Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
I don't understand how the NRL rules don't seem to apply to player managers. I would have expected that to obtain registration and keep it they must comply with the rules. He can't be offering Schuster to anybody until Nov 2023. The NRL need to get on top of this issue the player managers are out of control.

I know I'm probably again being Mr Reasonable as Woodsie would describe it. Whatever.

Managers are there to look after their client, not the club. We all know managers send out feelers to clubs for their clientele. Called testing the market and keeping the incumbent club honest and on its toes. They would be remiss if they didn't. Nothing to see here.

I seem to recall Menzies' manager either putting out feelers or receiving feelers from Parramatta at one stage late in his career. Normal practice. Nothing to see here.

Schuster is being offered options and rightly so. Naïve to believe this isn't happening all the time. He has his future to consider. I suspect he would prefer to stay at Manly but if Wests offer a huge amount more, would you refuse serious consideration. Nothing to see here

Then again media outlets are trying also to sell their product. A little drama, true or fanciful, for the masses never hurts. As the character in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would so 'Don't Panic'. And unfortunately the World wasn't designed to serve only out needs and wants. Oh no is that true? Nothing to see here.
commission based sales
when people get paid on commission it blurrs the waters and managers do

des incentive based contract based on finish. not good either for organistions

commision based can often mean the manager is doing whats best for the manager and moses sulis repsonse about being told to go tp the dragons supports that vibe

I don't understand how the NRL rules don't seem to apply to player managers. I would have expected that to obtain registration and keep it they must comply with the rules. He can't be offering Schuster to anybody until Nov 2023. The NRL need to get on top of this issue the player managers are out of control.
i think most managers have a **** file of cap rorting . this disgraces the comp and its legitimacy

I think this has stopped the progress

Well lawyers actually have very strict codes of ethics, and in fact their first duty is to the court, not their client.
(Which is not to say there aren't good reasons why the whole legal profession doesn't enjoy a great reputation, but from my experience most do take those ethical imperatives very seriously).
Sorry, I’ve probably watched too many Hollywood movies where the lawyer knows their client is guilty but defends them anyway.

These are the same guys (NRL360) that all agreed 2 weeks ago that Jason Ryles has signed for 4 years to coach the Dragons .Now Anasta was making fun and sort of blame Read for that BS .It is on us the public to believe them or what the players say .Schuster has said so many times before that he will stay with Manly till whatever time Manly do not want him .

This used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. If they dont want to be here, then we dont want them here. Loyalty has lost its meaning now, they seem to forget where they started and who gave them their big break. Yes its a business now I know
Come on guys ! That’s life!

Three words Boyd, brown, Dorahy!

If we are good enough they will come!

Sadly there is a lot more at play than simply greed on the part of the players. Many are from families that are not financially affluent and their family need their financial assistance and will no doubt encourage theirs to get paid as much as they can and what they believe he deserves. Anybody who's fee is a percentage of the contract price is going to actively try to drive the asking price up. Schu's manager may well have pushed the price far too high at this point in his career.

Josh is just back from a lay off with injuries having had one great game in recent times and one average game. Hardly form deserving of a NRL top dollar at contract at this stage. You would have thought his manager would have waited until season's end so that Josh can string together a number of good performances. Looks like his manager is angling a contract upgrade and extension. It a decision that comes with significant risk due to the Schu's lack of durability the last 18 months.

Having the talent to be one of the better players in the game doesn't mean the outcome is a given. Many talented players have not achieved their best due to a number of factors including injuries. I'm not sure we can afford another million dollar player who is not durable. It's rolling the dice.

commission based sales
when people get paid on commission it blurrs the waters and managers do

des incentive based contract based on finish. not good either for organistions

commision based can often mean the manager is doing whats best for the manager and moses sulis repsonse about being told to go tp the dragons supports that vibe

Of course! Managers don't do this for charity. While they try to line the pockets of their clients, there's gold in them there kills. Managers have to live too...on caviar, Veuve Clicquot, the latest Ferrari. Its called business

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2