The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully IQ, your comments are correct. However if that is the case, why not put him at 5/8 at Blacktown to hone his skills
I really think this has to be the solution. If he has a hope of performing at 6 next year he needs time there, and quite frankly I don't think he could cut it any position in fg right now (mainly due to fitness but perhaps also commitment/touch) ...

Let alone take Foran's spot.

It's certainly an interesting message that Des is sending him by leaving him out of the 17. Not sure what that message is exactly, only Des would know. But hopefully he has communicated that to the Shoe and he starts working on what he needs to work on. If he doesn't play tomorrow I hope he has a run with Blacktown

The fitness issue is on him although I don't believe it is completely 100% just on him.
All the rest is just rumour,hearsay and innuendo with no real facts.
He is not a team player,based on what?
A rumour that his management made an approach to the club about not playing 6,nothing is actually proven but it is taken as fact,if his management even did,was it sanctioned by the player? (no one here has a clue if so.)
He is taking the offsesaon away from the world cup and has owned being unfit and looking to rectify it.
He has a bad attitude,based on what facts?People on here claiming it and so it makes it true?
He has had a poor second year without a doubt and has not forced his way into the side I agree,but the good ole boys here wanting a lynching without any real evidence is just sad.
If he comes good next year,the bloodbath of re-hashed posts and threads by some will be ****ing entertaining....

Was under the impression that Manly were only prepared to offer a one year deal for Foz , not too sure of the contract value but probably not that far short of the Titans 400 k per season[ Then the 2 year Titan deal in contrast . Maybe some factor in the Shuster or his manager "s agitation to have him in the frame for a 6 role next season . However tend to think that Manly would still wish to have Foz for another season at a fair contract value based on this year 's form and value to the side but just a bit hesitant to match the Titans 2 year arrangement . Josh has had a bad run with injuries but his weight and fitness issues would only mainly be down to him surely . Sill out of sorts with his positional and over all play , maybe this can be mainly attributed to his fitness level but again that should be within his capacity to manage better . Would say that he has another injury problem at present which has also been referred to in some media reports . Sure that the club will be keeping a keen eye on how Latu Fainu goes for the rest of the season as well .

Latu Fainu will have a lock on the 6 long term. Think we should keep him in the forwards
Spot on. Latu is the long term 6 and Humphreys should be the long term 7 imo. The problem is that humphreys will only be prepared to wait one more year in reserve grade before he wants to be the starting halfback for us and now that DCE is signed up for another 3 years I can definitely see Humphreys going to another club, which is a real shame. As I believe by 2024, both Latu and Humphreys will be ready for first grade and would form a nice halves pairing.

Latu Fainu will have a lock on the 6 long term. Think we should keep him in the forwards
And as for Schuster, I agree that he needs to either be happy to play in the forwards for us or start looking for a new club because he isn’t the clubs long term 5/8 and he’s certainly not a halfback.

Funny. Croker used to be our whipping boy and now it's Schuster. We all know how it turned out for Croker. The difference of course is that the coach believed in Croker.

It's certainly an interesting message that Des is sending him by leaving him out of the 17.
Des also sent the same out of the top 17 message to Moses the Monster Suli who was in his best career form at another club before injury struck

Great Motivation is all about lifting a player up and not dropping him .

And as for Schuster, I agree that he needs to either be happy to play in the forwards for us or start looking for a new club because he isn’t the clubs long term 5/8 and he’s certainly not a halfback.
To big for the halves and to skilled to play at lock...at least as (I imagine) Des sees it. I really think that this is where the problem is. A different coach might find a place for him but I doubt he will be able to slim down or play basic footy in the forwards. Croker is a great example of playing under Des, he's happy to do his role and has put in the work for it.
I don't really think this is an attitude problem with Schuster though, more of an incompatibility issue with Des....And...how everyone feels about Des is another thread. But this is probably one good example of the talent that we may see look elsewhere for bigger opportunities.

Interesting that Latu Fainu will be having a run as a 7 in Flegg this weekend . Would think that he should be more suited to a 6 role but good to try a bit of variation as well . Real crystal ball stuff at the moment for future halves considerations ,D C E is now re signed until 2024 i think, Schuster still on the scene , Latu Fainu anticipated to be able to offer something good . Then Weeles and Humphries thereabouts . Looks like being a stage by stage situation .

Funny. Croker used to be our whipping boy and now it's Schuster. We all know how it turned out for Croker. The difference of course is that the coach believed in Croker.

Nonsense ... Croker was bagged by the numbnuts because they believed he was not a good player ... his courage, determination and character were never questioned ..

Those climbing over Shu have a completely different bag of complaints ...

Still tend to look at the Schuster for 6 Manly option in the context of the calibre of some of the leading sides at present and their incumbent 6 's , Munster , Luai , Moylan , Keary , Cody and Dylan Walker , Deardon , Wighton . Foz is up with them , just and to keep his side competitive , Going to have to be a very serious improvement for Josh [ Shu ] to be up to that level and agility level especially . Very hopefully it can happen for him as of course not a lot of other 6 options on present offer for next season .

Still tend to look at the Schuster for 6 Manly option in the context of the calibre of some of the leading sides at present and their incumbent 6 's , Munster , Luai , Moylan , Keary , Cody and Dylan Walker , Deardon , Wighton . Foz is up with them , just and to keep his side competitive , Going to have to be a very serious improvement for Josh [ Shu ] to be up to that level and agility level especially . Very hopefully it can happen for him as of course not a lot of other 6 options on present offer for next season .
That should have been Dylan Brown [ eels ] of course unless i have preempted a move to 6 for our [ or for now ] Dylan for the Warriors next season

actually think that quite a few of us on here gave Froggy a a reasonable chance [ and were quite supportive ] of making a go of it as a 9 but even exceeded my expectations fortunately . Just not as comfortable a bit wider of the ruck and in the halves but his work ethic , commitment and still good natural ability and footy smarts has again enabled him to make a real good fist as a 9 . and still has a reasonable kicking game when it can be appropriate .

Difference to Schuster and most of those guys is he just turned 21.

He has time.

Also Dearden is a great comparison. When Dearden signed with the Cowboys 12 months back many had written him off whilst at the time Schuster was a smokey for Origin.

No reason Schuster cant have a similar impact next year with a it of hard work and commitment.

Difference to Schuster and most of those guys is he just turned 21.

He has time.

Also Dearden is a great comparison. When Dearden signed with the Cowboys 12 months back many had written him off whilst at the time Schuster was a smokey for Origin.

No reason Schuster cant have a similar impact next year with a it of hard work and commitment.
Not a good situation for Manly if he can't make a decent go as a 6 , especially in the short term and of course hope that that your optimism has a good outcome .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8