The Nathaniel Roache thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Koula , Saab and Garrick would represent a bit of an upgrade on some positions since 2018 . Paseka if fit , an improvement on Marty . A F B hard to replicate , Api and Fainu similar , Josh Shu certainly the wild card . Will need some form of improvement and good transition from some of the younger brigade . Time will tell
I believe AFB isn't as effective under the latest 6 again rules

Which is all bull$hit, Lodge got an early massive payout from the Broncos, then another massive payout from the Warriors, so he's been basically paid out to 2025 or thereabouts, so money is not his main objective, the fact that he's willing to play for the Roosters for peanuts should not be a factor for him not being included in the Roosters' salary cap.
He is at least a $600k a year player and should be assessed as such, regardless of what he's willing to accept just to play the game.
I don't care if he want plays for nothing, the Roosters are having their cake and eating it as well, they will pay him fark all, and be basically salary cap free for his services, can anyone else get in on a deal like this, what would the outcry be if it was Manly doing this?.

“Lodge exited the Warriors with Robinson’s blessing and cash, only for the Roosters to throw him a $100,000 lifeline for the remainder of the year.”

Lodge played 9 games for the Roosters in 2022, so was paid $11,111.11 per game.

Extrapolating that based on the number of games in the 2022 season (25) that means the NRL valued him at ~$280k per season.

You’re right, if it had been any other club the NRL would have said they have to pay him $216k for those 9 games.

It's just their new age jargon and is the same as train and trial, methinks.

Oh, and how ridiculous is it that training has started for the 2023 season and the nrl STILL haven't finalised the cap.
Yes, they changed it coz Manase took it too literally.

It's just their new age jargon and is the same as train and trial, methinks.

Oh, and how ridiculous is it that training has started for the 2023 season and the nrl STILL haven't finalised the cap.
It's nail biting stuff for many players and clubs wanting to finalise their rosters for the coming season and next. Somethings going on here. And still no statement from the NRL on the timeline or when this is going to happen.

Nathaniel Roache is a great player who has the skills you could want in a hooker. Calm, quick, workhorse, eyes up player and has the vision. Just cant stay injury free. Lost count how many times he did his ACLs. Even his one game for Parramatta who offered him his last life line he did his knee. If he can stay on the field you guys have struck gold. High risk, high reward...

Nathaniel Roache is a great player who has the skills you could want in a hooker. Calm, quick, workhorse, eyes up player and has the vision. Just cant stay injury free. Lost count how many times he did his ACLs. Even his one game for Parramatta who offered him his last life line he did his knee. If he can stay on the field you guys have struck gold. High risk, high reward...

Our current hooker did his acl 3/4 times as well ... now he is indestructable .... hopefully Nat will also come good ..

And yet ... after 4 years of total control over what you consider to be our roster's fall from grace ... you still wanted Dessie to continue ...

PSS ... I am not as unhappy with our roster as many seem to be ... I think our forwards will hold their own with all but the top 3 sides ....
Yes correct. I am a Des fan. I’m not sure that I blame Des for our roster being weaker now and only weaker in my opinion of course although I maybe wrong and our roster is good now and also if it is weaker I also maybe wrong and des was the cause of some of this.

. It was purely an observation. At the time four years ago we were fortunate enough to have players like the turbos on less money then and could fit some others in around them. Obviously now our roster is more unbalanced.

Anyway hopefully the young guys step up and turbo gets over his hammy injury.

Building a roster on the basis of including some assessment as to whether or not a player will be overcome by future injury is like buying a lottery ticket.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4