The Nathaniel Roache thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is Nathaniel Roach related to Nathaniel Roache?
It's his cousin, ..................who has a fear of...........

1669008484583.png

Well they couldn’t give to Grant “ my old man used to play for the Eels “ Atkins could they ???

And who else ???

Refereeing stocks are very low at present

Isn’t this what Matt Lodge is on at the Roosters???

About $1000 a week and match payments if he gets elevated.
I think all clubs are having to do this until the nrl tells them what the cap is

They have all been called train and trial contracts ... this one says he is "signed" to a train and replacement contract for 2023 and welcomed to the club ...

No mention of a top 30 spot ... so there must be some significance to the difference in terminology.

Which is all bull$hit, Lodge got an early massive payout from the Broncos, then another massive payout from the Warriors, so he's been basically paid out to 2025 or thereabouts, so money is not his main objective, the fact that he's willing to play for the Roosters for peanuts should not be a factor for him not being included in the Roosters' salary cap.
He is at least a $600k a year player and should be assessed as such, regardless of what he's willing to accept just to play the game.
I don't care if he want plays for nothing, the Roosters are having their cake and eating it as well, they will pay him fark all, and be basically salary cap free for his services, can anyone else get in on a deal like this, what would the outcry be if it was Manly doing this?.

If he gets a decent injury free run, and performs at 80% of his level pre injuries, he could be a game changer for us. There’s a hell of a lot of what if’s there though. Coming through at the Warriors he was an absolute gun, and he showed touches of it at NRL level but has just had such a bad run of injury after injury

Well worth a punt

Which is all bull$hit, Lodge got an early massive payout from the Broncos, then another massive payout from the Warriors, so he's been basically paid out to 2025 or thereabouts, so money is not his main objective, the fact that he's willing to play for the Roosters for peanuts should not be a factor for him not being included in the Roosters' salary cap.
He is at least a $600k a year player and should be assessed as such, regardless of what he's willing to accept just to play the game.
I don't care if he want plays for nothing, the Roosters are having their cake and eating it as well, they will pay him fark all, and be basically salary cap free for his services, can anyone else get in on a deal like this, what would the outcry be if it was Manly doing this?.

Peter ... the train and trial deal he is on is simply a mechanism to enable roosters to pay him some money until the NRL finalize the salary cap level ... then his contract will be registered as normal ... nothing dodgy here ...

Manly are doing it with Cooper Johns and did it this season with Segeyaro

Manly are doing it with Cooper Johns and did it this season with Segeyaro
It appears that there may not be across the board consensus on who are the 'bargain bin' players in the NRL - but I'll bet that Lodge is not.

I can't help but remember that the NRL slapped a big price tag on Gifty back in the day - a price tag too big for us to re-sign him. I'll bet that he would have stayed at Manly for less if he could.

It certainly assisted Souffs (pride of the NRL, as they like to say about themselves) to get him. All we got was unrest in the remaining player group over it.

Segeyaro - off with Corey Norman and James Moloney playing "semi-professional" RL in the south of France. A 'sunset career junket' if ever there was.

Cooper Johns - back to familiar territory. Unusually for a youngish former Storm players, not exactly a conga-line of NRL clubs queuing up for his signature. I do wish him well though; ideally he goes like a mixture of Bozo (the player) and Superman and keeps our 2023 halves on their toes.

Fox:
Roache was with the Eels in 2021 on a development deal but a knee injury in June ruled him out for the remainder of the season.

It was a cruel blow for Roache, who had already suffered three ACL tears, a ruptured Achilles, a lumbar disc injury and has had ankle surgery during his short career.

Wow. And there are fans here who think Turbo has a lot of injuries!
Would love to see Roach do well and play NRL with us. Has to be a long shot though, surely?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4