The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know Bozo and Gus have a no poaching arrangement so is there any idea on what the financials would be?
If Gus let him come to us I wonder if it would be a 50/50 split on his current contract or more our way for the goodwill of letting him go.
I'm probably more at 600k than 8.
He was probably worth that to them then before the emergence of those other blokes.
Penrith are in a cosy position...they won't have to prop up a cent. Reason being, clubs are willing to pay full freight because of (a) it's Matt Moylan and (b) Penrith can afford to keep him on the books for next year at least.

Down the track if Penrith were upgrading Cleary and re-signing May and Edwards, they would be desperate to clear cap space and may negotiate a transfer figure. As it stands they don't have this problem YET...the problem is coming down the line but Penrith can afford to sit on the problem until Cleary needs upgrading and May and Edwards go on the open market.

The James Graham situation is different because the Dogs were desperate to clear the cap space and he only walks when he is guaranteed the 1 mil that he original signed for...therefore Dogs had to arrange for a taker that was willing to meet in the middle...Penrith don't have this problem.

I know Bozo and Gus have a no poaching arrangement so is there any idea on what the financials would be?
If Gus let him come to us I wonder if it would be a 50/50 split on his current contract or more our way for the goodwill of letting him go.
I'm probably more at 600k than 8.
He was probably worth that to them then before the emergence of those other blokes.
Manly should sacrifice Brown to help the Riff bench out.

Win-Win :nod:

I guess that it will just be a waiting game with a degree of patience required until the Warriors are able to get their playing roster into some sort of order and if it is apparently dependent on Blake Green transferring to them . Probably the Peter Hiku issue may further delay any final outcome but there is no doubt that the Manly club "s preference is to have Moylan in their playing ranks sooner rather then latter. Also I have the impression that Tom Wright is a realist but also ambitious and is prepared to strive for whatever first grade position may be available for him to aim for next season . Every indication of course that Moylan"s first choice alternative club is Manly , so this can only be a positive guide to be confident that he should be an Eagle soon and again once the Warriors can manage to organize sufficiently their own playing roster and naturally also ideally soon .

I was going to comment and then thought "bugger it, this dickhead ain't worth an argument" and then I must have accidentally saved the "quote" when I replied to Turbo's post. Sorry.
I'd Rather be a Technical Dickhead than a spread myself thin over every thread opinionated tosser.

No need to fear, i don't tend to waste time in prolonged debates with nicks that are a euphemism for dick.

And the inside info,(i'm deep inside the corridors of MWSE club) self loving posts have as much value as a Josh Massoud breaking news headline.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matt Moylan/Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly/Matt Moylan
5.Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
That's an origin backline

Not even in the top 5 NRL backlines but here's an origin quality backline:

Snake
Robbo
Matai
Killer
Hoppa
Foran
DCE

Not even in the top 5 NRL backlines but here's an origin quality backline:

Snake
Robbo
Matai
Killer
Hoppa
Foran
DCE
That is an awesome backline. Im interested to see what backline (of current) you believe is better than ours of current in the nrl? The storms probably, although maybe not without Cronk . Not many other contenders imo. Walker, Trbo, Uate, Moylan (should he sign), DCE all origin quality players, and Taufua, who can be counted as an international, is like a forward with speed. Kelly lets it down a little although he has some potential himself and may be replaced by Tom Wright in future seasons if not reached. I believe the points we scored justifies my positioning although as I said, I'm interested in your thoughts on this

My top 5 backlines for 2018, Manly and Storm's backline interchangeable
1. Storm
2. Manly
3. Broncos
4. Sharks
5. Warriors (has potential)

Panthers and Raiders have good quality backs although they don't link up well (or at least didn't this season). There aren't many legendary backlines like the one you listed above, maybe it'll take some time before some clubs develop them. All backlines at the moment seem young, I may be wrong with that but just seems strange

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the need for the personal attacks ? I hear enough of this crap at work and come here to try and get away from it. Frankly it just gets tiresome.

Maybe there should just be a new thread named Rusty's Book of Feuds or Lets Take it Outside and if you have an issue .... go over there and play pissing contest bingo.

I enjoy reading everyone's opinion on here including TC & Snake even Strone33 .... may not agree with them all but don't resort to bullying them about it. Better to use this rage to write a letter to your local politician and hammer them about the bloody ridiculous electricity prices

Sadly what normally happens is one person stops posting the other/s get some perverse satisfaction that their opinion is now vindicated. While in fact everyone else loses.

Last edited:
Why the need for the personal attacks ? I hear enough of this crap at work and come here to try and get away from it. Frankly it just gets tiresome.

Maybe there should just be a new thread named Rusty's Book of Feuds or Lets Take it Outside and if you have an issue .... go over there and play pissing contest bingo.

I enjoy reading everyone's opinion on here including TC & Snake even Strone33 .... may not agree with them all but don't resort to bullying them about it. Better to use this rage to write a letter to your local politician and hammer them about the bloody ridiculous electricity prices

Sadly what normally happens is one person stops posting the other/s get some perverse satisfaction that their opinion is now vindicated. While in fact everyone else loses.

Exactly AND we all lose.

There's never any need to resort to personal attacks, even if you disagree.

I've never agreed with @strone33 , but I've also never belittled him or called him names.

Everyone has an opinion, unlike arseholes they don't have to be the same.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8