The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Attack isn't the problem. He has the occasional mistake but is progressing nicely.

The problem is that TT is nowhere near Slater's ability and vision in all things defense. Tom is frequently caught out when fielding kicks and his handling is sometimes questionable. He also doesn't appear to communicate as well as BS does in defense for the Storm.

I hope the coaching staff have also identified this and are improving it a lot for next season.

Personally I don't have a problem with Tom's tackling ability. And yes sometimes he does get caught out of position. But when you look at how we defend, especially in our own 20, we usually have a 13 man defensive line with Tom generally in the line near the ball. Unfortunately that often leads to him being out of position for a cross field kick or a chip or grubber through the line. He gets crucified for it by fans (I've been guilty of it too) saying he needs to work on his defensive positioning at the back, but I think its more how Barrett wants us to play than anything Tom is strictly doing wrong.

Personally I think that takes away from what the fullback should be doing in that situation which is playing clean up out the back, directing defenders to cover gaps and being the last line of defence. But it appears to be how we do things.

Moylan is a 90% goal kicker

Since when? His NRL career strike rate is 61.70% (29/47). Dylan Walker has a better strike rate as a kicker with 65.63% (42/64).

Personally I don't have a problem with Tom's tackling ability. And yes sometimes he does get caught out of position. But when you look at how we defend, especially in our own 20, we usually have a 13 man defensive line with Tom generally in the line near the ball. Unfortunately that often leads to him being out of position for a cross field kick or a chip or grubber through the line. He gets crucified for it by fans (I've been guilty of it too) saying he needs to work on his defensive positioning at the back, but I think its more how Barrett wants us to play than anything Tom is strictly doing wrong.

Personally I think that takes away from what the fullback should be doing in that situation which is playing clean up out the back, directing defenders to cover gaps and being the last line of defence. But it appears to be how we do things.

Since when? His NRL career strike rate is 61.70% (29/47). Dylan Walker has a better strike rate as a kicker with 65.63% (42/64).

If he is the full time goal kicker, he will be:D

Even Matthew Ridge was only a 79% career kicker in rugby league and he was better than anyone we've had since his last game for us in 1996. The only kicker we've had who consistently came close to his accuracy was Ben Walker and I doubt Moylan will be that good. He might get up to around 70-75% (like Killer), but he'll still leave us wishing for a Ridge-like kicker at times.

Moylan isn't a bad goal kicker, but there is a reason Nathan Cleary has the job at Penrith over him.

Even if we do sign Moylan (I've read it'll be announced tomorrow - Monday - but I'll believe it when I see it), we're still going to be one of the worst goal kicking sides in the NRL.

I would have a fast goal kicking winger In place of Taufua
Then we would be complete
Taufua's runs are too valuable for us. Means we need an extra star forward that little bit less and allows our forwards, particularly marty, to sustain their energy. He wasn't bad under the ball this year and had some pretty good pace himself when he needed it. I'd much rather have Taufua than most wingers in the comp. His input up front and barge-over tries are often underestimated
I agree, but I think we need 90% goal kicker and there arnt many that come from the forwards these days So they will need to come from the backs.......
As reported by dowdz in the '2018 Rumoued and confirmed signings.' thread, it doesn't look like Jorge will be part of the team next year anyway.

https://silvertails.net/threads/2018-rumoured-and-confirmed-signings.53241/page-6#post-936854

The Panther's game plan revolved around passing the ball to Moylan and hoping he does something a lot of the time earlier this season. On the back of proper go forward and a solid game plan from TB he could really be something special in Maroon and White. Plus, he can kick goals!

I would back either DCE or Moylan to step up and learn to direct the team around the park in place of Green.

Oh no! Not an '5th tackle.com' article written by a couple of bogans who found a "how to make a website" book written in 1991! We must be dooooooomed.

-lol
Hey, don't shoot the messenger.
eusa_naughty.gif

I was only stating what had been reported in the rumours & signings thread.

I never said I believed it to be true.

I am of the belief that when I see it confirmed by the club as true or when it actually happens, then I will believe it to be true. Until then, it is all just rumours. :p

From The Lurker

Moylan keen for a lifestyle change

Manly remain supremely confident of snaring restless Penrith star Matt Moylan.

The Sea Eagles believe their offer, which includes a healthy third party arrangement, will top their rivals financially.

Couple that with Moylan's sound relationship with Trent Barrett and John Cartwright - along with the lure of the northern beaches - and Manly think they are in front.

But that's only if Penrith release their captain. And that's no certainty after Tyrone May suffered a serious knee injury on Friday night.

From The Lurker

Moylan keen for a lifestyle change

Manly remain supremely confident of snaring restless Penrith star Matt Moylan.

The Sea Eagles believe their offer, which includes a healthy third party arrangement, will top their rivals financially.

Couple that with Moylan's sound relationship with Trent Barrett and John Cartwright - along with the lure of the northern beaches - and Manly think they are in front.

But that's only if Penrith release their captain. And that's no certainty after Tyrone May suffered a serious knee injury on Friday night.
If the cats dont release an unhappy Moylan they will have him sit on an exercise bike for another season. For a club to stand down their best player in last weeks do or die match to me means that they have killed the relationship with Moylan.
Moylan has been insulted by sitting on an exercise bike and on the sidelines whilst his team mates played part in the big end of year games .
Moylan must have felt like an outcast to be left out of those big games .
There are obvious issues that cant be resolved if they could not get Moyaln on the field .
It is obvious that the shoe does not fit at the foot of the mountains with Moylan so its time for him to fly away like a Sea eagle and leave his disappointed past behind him .

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.
eusa_naughty.gif

I was only stating what had been reported in the rumours & signings thread.
I never said I believed it to be true.
I am of the belief that when I see it confirmed by the club as true or when it actually happens, then I will believe it to be true. Until then, it is all just rumours. :p

I didn't mean YOU ya big galoot. I was having a go at 5th slackle .com :)

As third party agreements are with the player and not the club..... Moylan should still have all of his intact!

And as the club can't get involved.... you can't say Manly's offer contains healthy third party arrangements.

-allegedly

If the cats dont release an unhappy Moylan they will have him sit on an exercise bike for another season. For a club to stand down their best player in last weeks do or die match to me means that they have killed the relationship with Moylan.
Moylan has been insulted by sitting on an exercise bike and on the sidelines whilst his team mates played part in the big end of year games .
Moylan must have felt like an outcast to be left out of those big games .
There are obvious issues that cant be resolved if they could not get Moyaln on the field .
It is obvious that the shoe does not fit at the foot of the mountains with Moylan so its time for him to fly away like a Sea eagle and leave his disappointed past behind him .

I agree, if they didn't let him play in the final last weekend, there's no way they're getting the best out of him next year. Better to cut their losses, save the cap space, and move on with their young blood.

So, Moylan is being offered a big Third Party incentive....
Could he be the face of Lottoland next season?
Frankly, I'm not sure about his recruitment. I'm worried that the big money we'd outlay may impede the progress of our younger stars-to-be, and have them looking elsewhere.
My opinion is that we need a running second-rower more than a 5/8.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12