The Manly Direction

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our recruiters need to go to Fiji and find the two fastest 100kg+ units they can find who can catch and plonk them on the wings.

May, Jacks, Isaako, Mago, Leota,Hipgrave, Taukeiaho, Akauola,Gutherson,Toamaga, Fisher Harris, TPJ, CHN, James, Cartwright, Bird, Croft.

mainese fainu might be mia in a year or two as he has stated he is considering going on a mormon door knocking trek for a while so unless there is someone else you have in mind it looks like api has the #9 locked up

I agree. The majority of our players are young. Even AFB is just 22. Several of the young'uns stepped up today, and there are a couple of good players in reserve grade plus a promising pipeline through our Under 16s, Under 18s and Under 20s.
Agree

Young players are only young players for their first good year

We have a dozen youngsters that we can stick with for a while and ensure they grow up to be manly

If we stick with the youth we will be ok with a few experienced hard heads keeping us together

Some further explanations for my 'manly direction'.
Our pack has some substance although still needs one more second rower like Oates or Jayden Su'a to ensure firm defencive and attacking sides on both edges (and lessen others' workloads). Cameron Murray is a must for mine, so we can throw Jake onto the prop rotation and get the best out of him, Murray is a workhorse. Luke Bateman is just a stable no nonsense player, that could be replaced by Christian Welch if he doesn't want to leave Canberra. Outs of AFB (reasons explained prior, great player still), Lane, Perrett, Gosiewski, Api Koroisau (if Fainu continues showings like Panthers game). As for backs, obviously Maumalo listed as an in, he'd be a big improvement to provide us energy and enable our halves' kicking game to be utilised/greater defence from opposition halves' kicking game and greater kick returns. Vital signing. Out of Taufua or Siro, whoever is worse at bench second-row departs (for now its taufua although we haven't seen him there yet). Uate out.

Predicted INs expense: ~ $1.9 million
Predicted OUTs freed money: ~ $2.2 million
Players IN: 6 (+ 300K free)
Players OUT: 8

Manase Fainu (going to count as an IN, soon to be upgraded, 250K likely), Corey Oates (400K), Cameron Murray (500K), Luke Bateman (250K), Ken Maumalo (300K), Suaia Matagi/Sauaso Sue (200K) + 300K free
VS
Apisai Koroisau (350K min), Jack Gosiewski (150K), Lloyd Perrett (150K), Addin Fonua-Blake (400K), Shaun Lane (300K *if he were upgraded), Jorge Taufua (250K), Akuila Uate (300K), Lewis Brown (300K)

IMO very important improvements with equivalent expense. Greatly strengthens, and balances the starting side. Tanginoa and Paseka are developing strongly too, so AFB simply won't be required for the price tag he would demand. We need variety and balance, if we allow his pay to go up than we ruin an opportunity to balance our side. Which of the two sets of players would you prefer?

Last edited by a moderator:
May, Jacks, Isaako, Mago, Leota,Hipgrave, Taukeiaho, Akauola,Gutherson,Toamaga, Fisher Harris, TPJ, CHN, James, Cartwright, Bird, Croft.
Leota, Taukeiaho and Akauola are some good options, always surprised me how neither of them have been given more opportunity, especially Akauola. Fisher Harris looks a bit like a murderer, so id skip him for that reason just in case.

mainese fainu might be mia in a year or two as he has stated he is considering going on a mormon door knocking trek for a while so unless there is someone else you have in mind it looks like api has the #9 locked up
Oh no I forgot Vossy mentioned that. Hopefully it's not going to happen, I doubt Fainu would throw away the greatest opportunity he has to cement a starting NRL position just for some brainwashed concept of religious achievement. Then again. (No offence to any religious silvertails members, or manly fans for that matter)

I reckon we're shopping more at the 'experienced' end of the market as we don't have a great pathway sales pitch for classy youngsters...

Vave, Avua'a, Bukuya, Opacic (probs can't afford tho) and Hipgrave (if we can get him)...

Oh and knights have a young kid off contract that might give us some impact off the bench... names Boorer or Buhrer or something like that...

Last edited:
Agree mate I've been watching Lino and think he's awesome
Seriously doubt we could afford him coz warriors have him pegged as the next nz halfback... happy to be wrong tho coz he would improve our 5th tackle options outta sight... altho, truth be told, he'd only have to get one repeat set to do that

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8