The Manly Direction

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Massive fan of Murray - More than workload - Quality.... Absolute gun and shrewd business.
Maumolo a decent call but not convinced that Anderson, Funa are worse options once they get a chance.
The young Bronco winger has class about him and boots goals.
I think AFB is a keeper, but agree has slipped intensity like the rest of the team....enthusiasm is contagious both ways.....
We do have a Potential gun forward PJAYZ mentioned above - Olakau'atu - Big rangy lock with skills, size and power.....
As for realistic signings - seems there is minimal cash, very tough to lure quality, as the player managers obviously scout best deals and teams where the player will flourish...

Getting rid of Fonua-Blake and still keeping Thompson who would be going on 32 in 2020 would be a real ordinary decision.
We need to be ruthless, AFB is a fine player, although he isn't the player we need many of. Two big forwards of his style are enough, and i'd prefer Taupau and Tanginoa over AFB. We need him now although by that stage, following a guideline like this his role could be nullified. Let's admit, he's not true manly type. All successful sides over the years have had a side of variety, especially in the forward pack. Having a pack of Martin Taupau, Joel Thompson, Corey Oates/Jayden Sua (type players), Cameron Murray, Kelepi Tanginoa, Jake Trbojevic, Taniela Paseka and Luke Bateman would epresent a strong balance. This would make our side unpredictable and hard to manage, not only would we be ruthless off the field by this point but on it as well.

Thompson could do a one year extension if all goes well over the next year or so. Luke Lewis is still going fine for the Sharks, and many other older second-rowers have proven successful over the years.

I respect your opinion and I partially agree, although my prime concern right now if I were in control of the club would be to restore it, and some brave, controversial decisions need to be made. We need to remove the sugarcoated perception over these players and build to a balanced (talent and physique-wise) structure. To counter the current decline, and to achieve success as soon as possible a merciless pathway needs to be carved, and any players unworthy or unsuited must be pushed to the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, lets just see how he goes over the next couple of months. He should be used off the bench for maximum impact. 3×10 minute stints if possible, maybe more if he gets on a roll

Hi Harry Smith

I gave you a winner rating not for the specifics, but I like what you are trying to do, and this is how the Manly club should be thinking.

The 2016-2018 rebuild has been a failure, there is no other way to think about it, so I agree with the release Lloyd Perrett, Akuila Uate (gone), Shaun Lane (gone), Jack Gosiewski, Lewis Brown, Jonathan Wright and maybe Lachlan Croker. Very nice. Release Trent Hodkinson - YES. Plus the inferior of either Api Koroisau or Manese Fainu? - OK that's fair. Regarding the loser of Taufua vs Sironen - I'd keep them both and have Taufua as a bench forward. Release AFB? - well, to me the idea is not crazy because I don't think he represents the Manly spirit (and anyone who disagrees can suck eggs), but at the same time he and Kapow get great metres per game and may grow up with a good side around them. So keep them for next year.

I would not be afraid to try and sign Blake Austin or bubbler to put pressure on Tom Wright to develop in the halves.

Outside of that - YES - some workhorse forwards to add to Thommo to stiffen up the middle.

Mate, I like your thinking, and as soon as the Manly club pull their bloody heads in and get on with it along the lines of your suggestions, the sooner we win a premiership.

NYEagle

How could it have been a failure when the Immortal BOZO the clown oversaw it.

Jaydn sua is extending with the bronx. Hence why rabbits have signed bayley sironen with lil rumour curtis may follow due to his contract with manly hasn't been registered yet. Jamayne Isaako is holding off extending with the Broncos for some reason.. I'm hoping he ends up at manly. I believe Taufua needs to go, as good as he has been for us he is too predictable and doesn't ask to many questions. AFB will be the premier prop in years to come he is a must keeper. People forget he is very young still for a prop. And would make every rep team if eligible at this point of time. I agree with the analysis of api and manase.. only time will tell if this problem even comes to fruition though.

Recruit players with any manly connection in the past somehow that can bring back soul and passion back into the joint. For eg. Aaron Woods, nathan Cleary, Clint gutherson, jack bird, liam knight, jwh, Kenny edwards etc and build the club up with those type of players like Joel Thompson with the likes of the turbo boys

Let’s not forget young @Harry Smith is about 14, and probably has more ideas than our coaching / recruitment staff combined!!

However, I’m with a few others, basically we will only be able to sign rejects / journeymen / has beens UNTIL we get our **** sorted!!

But excellent pensmanship young Harry and well thought out!!
That's the reality, and I feared as such. However, if we get a hard head to lead this club through this i'm sure players would feel more confident than they would jumping onto a sinking ship as it is. We need a leader that players would feel confident joining. Who that is, unfortunately, remains to be seen.

Harry id be moving siro and jorge on as well mate , they are getting different injuries everytime they go down.

There's even a chance that Turd Greenslime and Gladys B might conspire to eradicate the MWSE club in favour of an extra club in Brizbane. Think of the dollars in revenue to be generated by extra banana benders going to games at Suncorp, and the money they can save by not upgrading & selling Brookvale Park to big business for an industrial centre.
How does Gladys play a role in all that?

You’re drawing a bow longer than her nose.

Recruit players with any manly connection in the past somehow that can bring back soul and passion back into the joint. For eg. Aaron Woods, nathan Cleary, Clint gutherson, jack bird, liam knight, jwh, Kenny edwards etc and build the club up with those type of players like Joel Thompson with the likes of the turbo boys
What is Jack Birds connection with Manly? That he is a bird? Lol

I may be wrong here Harry but I suspect we have a potential top winger who covers full back as well, in Jade Anderson. Fast, tough, good defender and has worked well with Tom Wright in the past. He'd be cheaper too.

And how much would you expect to get Murray for?
Crichton is off to the Chooks so Souffs won't let him go lightly.
Unlikely - but agree with the initial post he would bring plenty....tbh I think the only reason Creighton left without a massive fight was due to the high opinion of young Murray, along with Uncle Nicks sombrero.

Nice post Harry. Good to see the young blokes thinking of the future. There may be different opinions, including mine, but a good catalyst for opinions.

I can't believe I'm reading this, Kenny Edwards, God help us, he last played for us ten years ago, Jack Bird.???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8