The Manly Direction

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So let's allow our young stars like Tom Wright, Moses Suli, Brian Kelly, Jade Anderson, Api Koroisau, Tevita Funa, AFB, C Sironen, Olakau'atu, Metcalfe, Cust plus plus plus leave only to go out & buy players no better than what we currently have signed up!!! We have a nucleus of players & a team more than capable of making Manly successful again & with a few additions could be great again..........the problem is the coaching staff in my opinion, not the players. Although not 100% convinced I'd give Barrett another year, however Cartwright & Ferris must go. Donny Singe should be approached to return to the fold as Head Conditioner / Trainer with Matt Ballin as his assistant. Cliff Lyons / Steve Menzies as our backs / forwards coaches & a new assistant to Barrett in Matt Parrish....again! This releasing / buying players no better than the ones already on our books is crazy. With our cap situation we cannot just go out & buy! Our team is young & with a few changes will be considerably better in 2019. I'm pretty sure with Singe & co back our injuries will be reduced, a Manly mentality will be instilled in our players thru the new coaching staff & will bring back the Manly of old. Yes release the obvious in Lane, Hastings, Uate (already gone), Brown, J Wright, Winterstein, however i'd keep Perrett & Gosiewski for another year & see how they progress under a different coaching regime. Yes it may be optimistic but realistic!

Manly will only attract washed up /has been players. No one with potential will come here, absolutely no one.

Some reasons, in case you didnt realise

1. Likely wooden spoon or close to it.
2. Coach that has no runs on the board.
3. Constant rumours of infighting.
4. A captain no one other than his own mother and wife seems to like.
5. We have no/limited money due to cheating the salary cap.

We are beggars on the nrl mean streets these days and will be like it for the next few seasons.

Unfortunately: all true.

Only recruits coming our way will be the absolute discards unwanted by the other 15 clubs.

We are the “ last chance saloon”.

Only way forward is to try and pinch the best young fellas and throw em in the deep end and accept it will take some time for it to happen.

The 5 year plan is now back to year -1.

Until we get this coaching debacle sorted out, including defence and attack coaches, we may as well forget about looking for others to bring in. We have the makings of a good side but we seem to have a coach in dreamland

Tyrone May .... Thats what we need, a young, run first six with skill who has shown a bit in his limited time in first grade. Heaven knows we don't have anyone remotely like that at our club .......

1 T Trbojevic
2 Anderson
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Maumalo*
6 T Wright
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Soliola*
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Fainu
15 Fonua-Blake
16 Lowe*
17 Paseka

Depth signings.

Oldfield*
May*

Only recruits coming our way will be the absolute discards unwanted by the other 15 clubs.

Only way forward is to try and pinch the best young fellas and throw em in the deep end and accept it will take some time for it to happen.

Weve got some of the 'best young fellas' already but our coach is scared to let them into the wading pool, let alone 'the deep end'

I agree. The majority of our players are young. Even AFB is just 22. Several of the young'uns stepped up today, and there are a couple of good players in reserve grade plus a promising pipeline through our Under 16s, Under 18s and Under 20s.

I think any new recruit MUST be about a good culture fit who compliments the talented kids we have. To attract a marquee player is going to be hard right now as people outside of our club see a club that is dysfunctional from its owners down the playing and coaching staff. It has been the most unstable season I can remember and it was so nice today to see such a big effort and a great result. We need to invest in our young players first and add players maybe at the back end of their careers looking for a new challenge who come from a winning culture!

Aiden Tolman,JJ Felise,Tui Kamikamica at prop and Scott Sorenson in the second row.Mitch Cornish as a back up half,we have the outside backs and other players IMO.

Thought I would start a thread to hear fellow Sea Eagles thoughts on recruitment.

I'm surprised you started this on the subject of recruitment just 16 mins before our game today. (Where's your priorities?) Sorry I had a bit more optimism lol

Fuhk the 5, 6 or 7 year plan .We need to fill in a couple of dots stay relatively injury free and we will be very competitive. Penrith have some injuries , but to most they should have lapped us today . Not to be .

so years ahead of the panfers who are into year 9 i think now of their 5 year plan

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8