The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

winnyason

Bencher
Kelly got talent but his defence is rubbish in 2 seasons no improvement. Sides shift to his side with numbers around ball his back peddlers and get burned.

yokahontas

Bencher
I love irony so I picked a few of these @:D

I’m not saying you do Harvey but isn’t it ironic that many of the judgiest people you meet are people with hardcore religious beliefs. To me half of religion seems to be about people concerning themselves with other people’s business. E.g. abortions are wrong, how dare you have a same sex relationship that doesn’t affect me. Kinda ironic really that some people move round their entire life more concerned about what other people are or aren’t doing wrong (while their priests are touching people up)

Another ironic example. How does your Christian faith gel with the fact that you don’t let anything go and regularly enter the gutter to respond to people with some at times quite nasty language?

And lastly irony no.3. Bozo you constantly lecture or “enlighten” people that they need to walk the walk. All from behind a keyboard. Unless you’re the biggest, fastest, strongest guy out there then just pipe down because there’s probably a **** load of people that could sit you on your arse haha.

The very thing you are saying to other people should be said to you. All these implicit threats are just pathetic because you are ever going to do **** @:D

Gotta be honest, I do happen to know a number of people that could pretty much sit anyone on their arse as soon as look at them. And they’d be the very last people who would ever threaten to, particularly in true keyboard warrior fashion.

In my experience, it’s usually a pretty good indicator - flapping your gums from afar? Got nothin’.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I love irony so I picked a few of these @:D

I’m not saying you do Harvey but isn’t it ironic that many of the judgiest people you meet are people with hardcore religious beliefs. To me half of religion seems to be about people concerning themselves with other people’s business. E.g. abortions are wrong, how dare you have a same sex relationship that doesn’t affect me. Kinda ironic really that some people move round their entire life more concerned about what other people are or aren’t doing wrong (while their priests are touching people up)

Another ironic example. How does your Christian faith gel with the fact that you don’t let anything go and regularly enter the gutter to respond to people with some at times quite nasty language?

And lastly irony no.3. Bozo you constantly lecture or “enlighten” people that they need to walk the walk. All from behind a keyboard. Unless you’re the biggest, fastest, strongest guy out there then just pipe down because there’s probably a **** load of people that could sit you on your arse haha.

The very thing you are saying to other people should be said to you. All these implicit threats are just pathetic because you are ever going to do **** @:D
I agree with you Lurker.
That's why I steer clear of churches and just make my own mind up.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
By his wife, you mean Mary Magdalene. There is a lot of evidence to suggest they were very close. I might even go further and say that the book of John, when you study the writing styles, looks very much like it could have been written by Mary. To suggest that Jesus left with Mary to go to France......? After being sentenced to be scourged, then eventually crucified by Pontius Pilate...well, it would have to have been carried out well, and all the key figures would have had to have been bloody good actors. It's interesting that women are featured so prominently as witnesses to the flogging and crucifixion, in a time where they had little role in pretty much anything. His mum and the two Mary's (Magdalene and the mother of James and Joseph) witnessed and rsponded accordingly.

But then again...that's what Jesus did. He was different from all the other previous religions in that he didn't distinguish between sexes, class or community standing. He taught pure love for all, from the lowest to the highest. Such an interesting bloke. He offered love, healing and eternal life for believers, yet new there would be divisions. Study HIM...not the church. IMO, churches will lead you astray. Not on purpose...but by not concentrating on his teachings. I like this from Mathew 10...

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. – Jesus (Matthew 10:34-38)

As for the cross symbol..it wasn't used as a symbol openly until the 4th century after the Emperor Constantine converted to christianity and founded the roman catholic church. He abolished crucifixion and the cross was used to promote the cause. Before that, christians used the chi rho. It was superimposing the first two letters of the greek word XPIETOE which was the greek word for christ. Since the 4th century there have been many variations on the cross. Much like Jesus's teachings. ;)
View attachment 9559

I think Brian will still continue to develop as a player. I really lilke him now, and I think he'll get even better!!
Shall we continue in General mate?

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Gotta be honest, I do happen to know a number of people that could pretty much sit anyone on their arse as soon as look at them. And they’d be the very last people who would ever threaten to, particularly in true keyboard warrior fashion.

In my experience, it’s usually a pretty good indicator - flapping your gums from afar? Got nothin’.
I won my last fight, by 600m, two fences and one gate.
Almost as elusive on my feet as Brian Kelly i was.

manly al

First Grader
Football and religion can be a pretty interesting mix sometimes and considering football can represent a religion to some . Also maybe a suggestion for settling some perceived differences presently on Silvertails could be pistols at twenty paces [ Twenty , Ha , Ha another correlation ] but definitely not after back yard stonings or Saturday night at the pub . As for the references to dairy products , looks like this thread is being milked for all that it is worth . B T W , i wonder how Brian is these days , at now 91 pages , on the bright side of life , he is going to feel larger then life soon .

manly al

First Grader
Back in the 70's against Wests and Souths ... I used to start the blues .... then slip un-noticed back out to the wing and let the forwards worry about the details ....
I have been quite fascinated about your actual real life Manly footy identity since i first joined Silvertails Woodsie Anyway if you did manage your ' played strong , did good mantra , good on you and good for your contribution to the club . If you were at ist grade level against Wests in the days of Props Bruce Gibbs and the late Dallas Donnelly , i would be a bit circumspect about hanging around in the ruck after a blue too .

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
HOLY cr@p, heres me thinking I was reading up on Brian Kelly and we have religion, guns at twenty paces and a Stoned Trent running around jumping at shadows. Think I might just back up, close the door behind me and leave you guys to it and call the cleaner after all is said and done......
CLEAN UP BEHIND DOOR NUMBER 3 BARRETT

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I have been quite fascinated about your actual real life Manly footy identity since i first joined Silvertails Woodsie Anyway if you did manage your ' played strong , did good mantra , good on you and good for your contribution to the club . If you were at ist grade level against Wests in the days of Props Bruce Gibbs and the late Dallas Donnelly , i would be a bit circumspect about hanging around in the ruck after a blue too .

No ... never good enough or committed enough for 1st grade .... got the B&F for Presidents cup, then mainly u23's and a handful reggies ..... I wasn't much of a footballer but I trained and hung out with a bunch of really good ones .... just being around the sheds and training in the 70's with the legends was special ...

PSS .... If you go in to the thread "anecdotes wanted" ... a good read .... you will see a yarn that I told about Dallas ....

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
HOLY cr@p, heres me thinking I was reading up on Brian Kelly and we have religion, guns at twenty paces and a Stoned Trent running around jumping at shadows. Think I might just back up, close the door behind me and leave you guys to it and call the cleaner after all is said and done......
CLEAN UP BEHIND DOOR NUMBER 3 BARRETT

No fun in that ... jump in with your own version of madness ... we are the sum of our contributors .....

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor

Ruff tuff cream puffs?

yokahontas

Bencher
Back in the 70's against Wests and Souths ... I used to start the blues .... then slip un-noticed back out to the wing and let the forwards worry about the details ....

My dad had a mate like that, I’m told. Little bloke with a pretty big mouth that used to get him into some fights, Dad and another mate were always stepping in to rescue him.

Sadly, he was killed in a motorbike accident before I was born - drunk driver ran a stop sign and didn’t give him a chance. That’s the other thing my parents always said about the guy - rode a bike like he was born on one, and if anyone would’ve been able to lay it down to avoid the collision, it would’ve been him. Probably why we had it drummed into us from when we were little that you never drink and drive.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
My dad had a mate like that, I’m told. Little bloke with a pretty big mouth that used to get him into some fights, Dad and another mate were always stepping in to rescue him.

Sadly, he was killed in a motorbike accident before I was born - drunk driver ran a stop sign and didn’t give him a chance. That’s the other thing my parents always said about the guy - rode a bike like he was born on one, and if anyone would’ve been able to lay it down to avoid the collision, it would’ve been him. Probably why we had it drummed into us from when we were little that you never drink and drive.

Sorry to hear ...

But in the interests of full disclosure .... I wasn't small, and could handle myself ..... I just had a barrstard of a sense of humour ....

yokahontas

Bencher
Sorry to hear ...

But in the interests of full disclosure .... I wasn't small, and could handle myself ..... I just had a barrstard of a sense of humour ....

I think that was the thing with my dad’s mate too, nothing malicious, he was just a bit of a smartarse. And wannabe tough guys would have a bit of a go until his two big mates turned up!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16