The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Remember that the kid is only a rookie and he's taken over the position of one of the best centres ever to play the game (Matai). He's not playing the best footy in the world but its not something he should be dropped for.

I honestly don't think Kelly is going to be a superstar in the same way that centres like Fulton, Branighan, Gartner, O'Connor, Hill, Lyon and Matai were, but he will be a solid first grader for the next decade or so.

Y'all, we don't need to have a whipping boy.

We started the season with 2 losses. One was a Gutho inspired loss to the Eels and the other was a thrashing by the hapless Rabbitohs. We were also coming off one of our worst ever seasons last year. We've turned that around to earn 2nd place after 17 games. It is such unforeseen success. Kelly is a wholehearted player who pulls on a MANLY jersey and when he makes an error, his head doesn't drop like it can with younger players. Save your scorn for players of the other 15 clubs.

Baz backs Kelly and so should we ;)

I'm of the belief we should persevere with this young man , but gee there were some calls for his scalp throughout the game day thread.

There's no doubt he's being targeted , it's happening every week now, they hardly ever go near Dylan.

He'll grow with the experience , but I do think some on here need to realise the kids 20, and it's his first year.

Give him some time, he's a keeper!
I agree to some extent, but when you have another talent like Parker who is looking for an opportunity and you have someone who has been poor the last four games in a row, you should strongly consider giving Parker a shot - I would.

I do like Kelly and in no way would I write him off, but I also think Parker deserves an opportunity as it is up to Kelly to keep his spot and give Barrett no reason to drop him; unfortunately, he hasn't been doing that in the last month or so.

Gotta disagree Walkers runs got the tempo up and he made plenty of good runs.

His 12 runs for 70 meters? I actually thought those stats were grossly inflated, must have included last weeks too.

Id rather mundine than jimmy the drunk jet.
The great Arkos philosophy
Becoming a better team means getting better players .
What made Arko great was that he was always looking for better players to strengthen our teams and turn them into premiership winning teams

I get what you're saying but watch any major play in our games, everyone congratulates but DCE has a whisper in the ear and Jake looks them straight in the eye. Those two are commanders out there.
out there, definitely
on field the structures are working
we're winning a lot we might have lost in scarcer times

I don't know why I bother, because it will go straight over your head anyway (or you'll deliberately *misunderstand*, I'm not sure which) - but here goes:

That side will be the 'weaker' side No. Matter. Who. You. Play. There.
More so than ever since we lost Jorge for the season.

You could swap Brian Kelly out for anyone in the top 25 and they would Still. Be. The. Targeted. Side.

Geesh.
I agree it would be; the question is whether Parker would handle it better. Remember, he would likely have been starting centre had he not been injured at the start of the year. At some point a coach needs to make a call on a player that isn't playing well, you can't carry him all year if he continues to play poorly.

I really like Kelly; however, I don't think he has the runs on the board in his career to demand selection when he is stringing bad games together. Parker is a bigger body, has a little more pace and is a centre by trade so I think he should get his shot.

I just checked. We are in the top four. No need to change.

Don't feed the troll!
We don't want the top 4 We want the title !!!
If we are going to be serious title contenders we do need to change the defensive weakness on Kellys centre spot .
Progression comes with change and only an ignorant fool cant see this .
images.jpg

The great Arkos philosophy
Becoming a better team means getting better players .
What made Arko great was that he was always looking for better players to strengthen our teams and turn them into premiership winning teams
He also recognised raw talent and nurtured it. Bob Fulton, Alan Thompson, Max Krilich, Terry Randall, John Harvey come to mind.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12