The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
if we were losing.
if kelly was playing really poorly. (he's not)
if there was someone absolutely SMASHING the door down to get in

i'd say to drop one of the rookies of the year 10 games out from the finals from a team that's performing far beyond expextations, due in no small amount to the guys on smaller salaries doing jobs beyond what's expected of them, would go directly against what's being developed, which is the team culture. it's this culture that's winning games, that the guys are supported by their mates and staff.

the big difference between this year and last is consistency
Kelly is far from being one of the rookies of the year based on his recent performances
What has Parker done wrong ?
Why should Parker not be given a go ?
Don't you think Parker has as much potential as Kelly ?

Last edited:
I almost was going to write "touche" Bozo but then I realised that the tight knit team I'm talking about is the side that has only lost one game (in controversial circumstances) since that Brisbane game back in May. The rest of the "squad" are busting themselves trying to shine at Blacktown (or more like Siberia if I was a Manly first grader).
What"s Wrong with our local Junior Parker ?
He performed great last year for us

"that side will be weaker who ever you play there "? How do you know that If Parker will be given an opportunity he wont let us down in defence ?
Parker did a very good job on the giant Manu Vatuvei if you can recall .
Why doesn't Parker deserve a crac in the centres ?
If only Kelly could defend on the field as well as you defend Kelly from his underwhelming performances he would be a star just like you
feathered friend :)

See - deliberately misunderstanding the point.

Or are you seriously suggesting Brad Parker, at this stage of his career, is a better centre than Dylan Walker? And Matt Wright, as good a job as he is doing filling in, is doing better on the wing than Akuila Uate is?

If you answer 'no' to those questions - then what you are calling the 'weaker' side is still going to be the weaker side of the two, whether you play Kelly, Parker or Rumpelbloodystiltskin in the 4!

And if you answer 'yes'...then please go and sleep off whatever intoxicating substance you've taken. Or try taking your meds, whatever works.

Last edited:
Yes, he made a few errors but turned the match with his tackle on Brooks.
He fooled the ref into thinking Brooks lost it cold ( although everyone else Knew better ) and the rest of the match was ours.

Or are you seriously suggesting Brad Parker, at this stage of his career, is a better centre than Dylan Walker? And Matt Wright, as good a job as he is doing filling in, is doing better on the wing then Akuila Uate is?

If you answer 'no' to those questions - then what you are calling the 'weaker' side is still going to be the weaker side of the two, whether you play Kelly, Parker or Rumpelbloodystiltskin in the 4!

And if you answer 'yes'...then please go and sleep off whatever intoxicating substance you've taken. Or try taking your meds, whatever works.
On recent form Kelly is our weak link out wide
I believe we can strengthen his spot with the bigger and faster Parker who once again I will remind you what a magnificent job he did for us last year when he was given an opportunity
Don't you believe we should give a local Junior who has proven to get the job done last year an opportunity over an under performing player ?
I do .
We will agree to disagree :)

Yes, he made a few errors but turned the match with his tackle on Brooks.
He fooled the ref into thinking Brooks lost it cold ( although everyone else Knew better ) and the rest of the match was ours.
Lets give Kelly the credit for bad on field ref and the blind video refs decisions
Now we are clutching at straws .

Parker isnt knocking the door down, he needs to perfrom in the lower grades which he hasnt this year to earn a spot over Kelly. Kelly isnt underperforming, hes under experienced. Kelly will come, theres a reason he played for junior origin nsw and junior roos and country this year. Hes a good centre, just doesnt have the experience yet.

Or are you seriously suggesting Brad Parker, at this stage of his career, is a better centre than Dylan Walker? And Matt Wright, as good a job as he is doing filling in, is doing better on the wing than Akuila Uate is?

Perhaps if Parker does play and make no handling errors or D lapses, do you really think teams will continue to go down that side as much as they do now?

Me thinks not.

What"s Wrong with our local Junior Parker ?
He performed great last year for us
And @Woodsie has a high opinion of Parker and I respect Woodsie's call on Parker's ability.
Trent and Bozo rule (obviously) but this is also DCE's team on the field now. DCE is out there amongst it. If DCE should lose confidence in a player then I'm sure that will be reflected in selections and for now it appears that DCE and the team have faith in Kelly.

He smashed brooks and to be fair brooks didnt have much control on the ball. It was a good tackle.

His highlight is smashing the smallest player on the Tigers team when he was struggling to get off his line.
LOL

His highlight is smashing the smallest player on the Tigers team when he was struggling to get off his line.
LOL
And yet its a bigger highlight then what parker has produced all year in any grades. That play changed the game, have a bit of respect for kelly, hes not lewis brown its not like hes playing poorly hes just playing as good as he needs to. Give him time. All good things come to those who wait.

And @Woodsie has a high opinion of Parker and I respect Woodsie's call on Parker's ability.
Trent and Bozo rule (obviously) but this is also DCE's team on the field now. DCE is out there amongst it. If DCE should lose confidence in a player then I'm sure that will be reflected in selections and for now it appears that DCE and the team have faith in Kelly.
please god no
let the captains and players play and the coaches and selectors select

Parker isnt knocking the door down, he needs to perfrom in the lower grades which he hasnt this year to earn a spot over Kelly. Kelly isnt underperforming, hes under experienced. Kelly will come, theres a reason he played for junior origin nsw and junior roos and country this year. Hes a good centre, just doesnt have the experience yet.
How can he 'knock the doors down' when he doesn't play? He didn't get a game this weekend.

you wouldn't know counter productive if an accountant hit you in the head and produced blood :p
Definition of esprit de corps
  1. : the common spirit existing in the members of a group and inspiring enthusiasm, devotion, and strong regard for the honor of the group
Thanks @Haliaeetus , esprit de corps describes exactly what I was thinking we have in place.

In the long run faith does not earn a player his spot only performance does and if Kelly keeps playing the way he does then you will find the club will find faith in a better performing player
There are strong rumours that we are after Jimmy the Jet

In the long run faith does not earn a player his spot and if Kelly keeps playing the way he does then you will find the club will find faith in a better performing player
There are strong rumours that we are after Jimmy the Jet
Id rather mundine than jimmy the drunk jet.

And yet its a bigger highlight then what parker has produced all year in any grades. That play changed the game, have a bit of respect for kelly, hes not lewis brown its not like hes playing poorly hes just playing as good as he needs to. Give him time. All good things come to those who wait.

Kelly should have been penalised for being stupid and punching the ball out.

Except refs seemed to be trying to get square after last week.

Imagine the blowing up we would be doing if the same thing happened to Manly

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8