The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Dropping an under performing player is not counter productive . Sticking with the starting 17 team is counter productive . We have other players outside the 17 that are keeping them honest and to disregard them would be counter productive as competition for the top 17 spots is counter productive
you wouldn't know counter productive if an accountant hit you in the head and produced blood :p
Definition of esprit de corps
  1. : the common spirit existing in the members of a group and inspiring enthusiasm, devotion, and strong regard for the honor of the group

If you drop him then who replaces him ?? We aren't exactly flush with options there. One of the Wrights or Parker ?? I think I'd rather stick with Kelly, this deep into the season it's a big risk to change the dynamic of the team. Kelly is only young and learning his craft - support him and hope he learns and keeps improving I say.

Opposition coaches will direct the attack at that side regardless of who you play there, simply because it's NOT the side with Walker and Uate on it.
As I said before opposition coaches attack the weakest links in the team

Dropping an under performing player is not counter productive . Sticking with the starting 17 team is counter productive . We have other players outside the 17 that are keeping them honest and to disregard them would be counter productive as competition for the top 17 spots is counter productive
I did say "at this point of the season" feathered friend. I could be completely wrong but I sense the powers that be are building a tight knit unit that is seriously playing for each other (and at times above their weight). Dropping the guy alongside you can make the most confident player doubt themselves.
When it comes close to finals time I have no doubt Trent (with significant assistance from Bozo) will field a side they believe has the best chance of winning each game.

Dropping an under performing player is not counter productive . Sticking with the starting 17 team is counter productive . We have other players outside the 17 that are keeping them honest and to disregard them would be counter productive as competition for the top 17 spots is productive

Sticking worked for NSW :D

you wouldn't know counter productive if an accountant hit you in the head and produced blood :p
Definition of esprit de corps
  1. : the common spirit existing in the members of a group and inspiring enthusiasm, devotion, and strong regard for the honor of the group
So what are you saying? We should not reward players outside the 17 that warrant selection over underperforming players ?

As I said before opposition coaches attack the weakest links in the team

I don't know why I bother, because it will go straight over your head anyway (or you'll deliberately *misunderstand*, I'm not sure which) - but here goes:

That side will be the 'weaker' side No. Matter. Who. You. Play. There.
More so than ever since we lost Jorge for the season.

You could swap Brian Kelly out for anyone in the top 25 and they would Still. Be. The. Targeted. Side.

Geesh.

I did say "at this point of the season" feathered friend. I could be completely wrong but I sense the powers that be are building a tight knit unit that is seriously playing for each other (and at times above their weight). Dropping the guy alongside you can make the most confident player doubt themselves.
When it comes close to finals time I have no doubt Trent (with significant assistance from Bozo) will field a side they believe has the best chance of winning each game.
A tight knit team is not just a tight 17
A tight knit team is the entire squad of players busting their asses to compete for a top 17 spot . Competition breeds success .
Feathered friend :)

I angrily claimed mid game that I wanted him dropped but that was just my frustration at the side as a whole coming out at Kelly.

He's just got to believe that he isn't a liability. The more errors he makes the more frustrated and sorry he looks, he just may start believing that he indeed is an error prone player thus adding pressure that leads to him making even more errors. Kelly we believe in you but only if you believe in you, don't stress, take a breath and regain your confidence.

Still takes plenty of runs and is a good player for us that has the potential to become a great player. His defence has majorly improved throughout the season to this point

Kelly stays because he may be down on confidence and make rookie errors but he never gives up, never drops his head. He carries it out of our own end well, makes his tackles and will get better. He has great footwork, good acceleration. Weve all seen what he can do, he will not get better being dropped. Give him time. I personally think he's been good but he is a rookie and will get better learning from mistakes and experiences.

Just posted in another topic on him and will repeat it here

Not having a great time of it at the moment, but he isn't a write off. His deficiencies at the moment are fixable

Won't ever be a superstar centre, but can easily be a solid NRL lever centre that will serve us well

Most crucial part of rookie centres game is his defence, hardest slot on the park to defend, and he has been magnificent in that area. He has shown touches with the ball in hand and with his feet that he has something to offer, think back to the winning try v the Chooks and his try v Warriors for some examples of that.

The hands side of things should be pretty easily fixable, and outside of that, he is solid enough

I think Kelly should be dropped for Parker, starting with this weeks game against Saints.

This will give Parker much needed first grade game time for later in the year, if we do get another injury.
It will give Kelly a chance to refresh in the much easier NSW cup and get his confidence back carving them up.

The Roosters dropped Mitchel for a couple of weeks and he is back in first grade playing better than ever.

I don't know why I bother, because it will go straight over your head anyway (or you'll deliberately *misunderstand*, I'm not sure which) - but here goes:

That side will be the 'weaker' side No. Matter. Who. You. Play. There.
More so than ever since we lost Jorge for the season.

You could swap Brian Kelly out for anyone in the top 25 and they would Still. Be. The. Targeted. Side.

Geesh.
"that side will be weaker who ever you play there "? How do you know that If Parker will be given an opportunity he wont let us down in defence ?
Parker did a very good job on the giant Manu Vatuvei if you can recall .
Why doesn't Parker deserve a crac in the centres ?
If only Kelly could defend on the field as well as you defend Kelly from his underwhelming performances he would be a star just like you
feathered friend :)

So what are you saying? We should not reward players outside the 17 that warrant selection over underperforming players ?
if we were losing.
if kelly was playing really poorly. (he's not)
if there was someone absolutely SMASHING the door down to get in

i'd say to drop one of the rookies of the year 10 games out from the finals from a team that's performing far beyond expextations, due in no small amount to the guys on smaller salaries doing jobs beyond what's expected of them, would go directly against what's being developed, which is the team culture. it's this culture that's winning games, that the guys are supported by their mates and staff.

the big difference between this year and last is consistency

A tight knit team is not just a tight 17
A tight knit team is the entire squad of players busting their asses to compete for a top 17 spot . Competition breeds success .
Feathered friend :)
I almost was going to write "touche" Bozo but then I realised that the tight knit team I'm talking about is the side that has only lost one game (in controversial circumstances) since that Brisbane game back in May. The rest of the "squad" are busting themselves trying to shine at Blacktown (or more like Siberia if I was a Manly first grader).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8