The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We don't need a picture to understand what you just typed out. We understand your points nicely. :)
Sometimes I can't understand them even with a picture (!) but I take your point. Bozo please use the images a tad more selectively, much like a 40/20 attempt, or chip and chase - not on every single hit-up!!

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Let's put things into perspective without the use of aliteration. I agree he had a good 2nd half and good on him for that. Early on in the season I was sitting on your side of the fence and giving sprays to people who were "bashing" BK. But enough time has passed for me to make a more informed assessment based on the form he has displayed all year and I agree with the view of many that he shouldn't be playing first grade for Manly. Just because he is a good likeable kid doesn't change reality. Not many rookies get opportunities like he has to showcase their skills. He is just fortunate that there is no quality centre available. He has consistently shown that he is out of his depth. He should develop his skills and strength in reserves like all the other talented hopefulls vying for an opportunity in fg.
It's all well and good to call for his head, but, with the roster and injuries that we have, who are you proposing to play that centre role on the left?

Paw93

Reserve Grader
I don't defend or support players who constantly lets our team down by missing tackles dropping balls and offer no Impact
I CALL THAT ABUSE OF THE SACRED MANLY COLOURS .
Your As long as our players are having a go mentality is a failed North Sydney Creed
We are not bears . We are high flying Sea eagles and expect success and are not content with mediocre play and failure like the bears
View attachment 6458
Fair dinkum I've seen you use that same phrase in like 5 different memes. You're an endless supply of images.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You know, if Kelly can consistently play like he did in the second half against the Warriors then I really wouldn't have a problem with him being there. I think its kinda obvious under the salary cap that we won't really be able to afford 2 strike centres, especially if we're trying to land someone like Klemmer. For now we're going to have to make do with just one in Walker on the right and a hopefully solid player on the left, be that Kelly or Parker or whoever.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
@Batty , Kelly was good on Sunday against the Warriors, especially in the second half. And you are correct, the try in the first half was more Wright's error coming off his wing than Kelly doing anything wrong.

While Kelly does cop a bagging (a lot of it justified mind you), in a lot of ways Wright on the wing is more of a liability. His defence (tackling) is ok but his defensive positioning is all at sea, and he has stuff all speed for a top grade winger. Yes he can score from close range and he can kick goals, but lately his kicking has been as erratic as Walker's was and over the past few weeks he has had more off days with the boot than on.

Stevo

First Grader
Whatever happens, the left side needs to be stronger.

IMO having Kelly and Wright on the same side is no good. Having Frank on his inside probably doesn't fill him with much confidence either. Frank is a relative rookie. Kelly played his best footy at the start of the season with Jorge outside him. He needs experienced players around him.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
TBH Wright wasn't any better last year when he played on the right wing after Snake was dropped and Tom was moved to fullback. We said then that we'd be in trouble if we had to rely on him (and others, Brown's name was also thrown around) as a starter this year for any length of time and that he is an injury replacement at best.

Pardon the pun but.....we were right.

Edit: If Parker wasn't injured I'd be happier to see him on the wing outside of Kelly with Walker, Cherry or even Kelly doing the goal kicking than I am seeing Wright there. But we have to make do with what we have right now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16